2nd annual NMRA/NMCA Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout!!
The NMRA Keystone Automotive Ford Nationals and the NMCA Edelbrock Muscle Car Nationals will invade Texas with the 2st Annual Nitto Tire Lone Star Shootout, presented by Tommie Vaughn Performance at Houston Raceway Park the weekend of Nov. 12-14, 2010.This post-season combined NMRA/NMCA event will feature special race classes pitting some of the exciting classes from NMRA & NMCA to go head-to-head for an all out action packed weekend of racing.
Lone Star Shootout Class Rules:
The TREMEC Lone Star Shootout class, presented by Muscle Mustangs, will be a heads-up, Quick 16 format race that will take place on Sunday, November 14th, 2010. The Lone Star Shootout class will be open to the quickest 16 cars that run in the True Street class on Saturday, Nov. 13th.
To be eligible for the Lone Star Shootout, competitors must meet all True Street rules, compete in the True Street class on Saturday, and make all three True Street passes. The sixteen (16) competitors who have the fastest 3-pass averages will be placed on a sportsman ladder and will race heads-up on a 4/10 pro tree.
Lone Star Shootout Purses:
Winner: $500, 6’ Trophy, + Special TBA Grand Prize
Runner-Up: $200, Plaque
Want to Race? ...The Lone Star Shootout Has a Class for You!
• TREMEC True Street Presented by Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine: Take your street car (Ford, GM or Chrysler) on a 30-mile cruise around Houston and then hit the track for 3 back-to-back passes with awards for the overall fastest as well as the closest 3-pass average to 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15 seconds.
• Triangle Speed Shop Mod Comp / Open Comp Class: Modular-powered Fords take on all combinations of GM and Chrysler vehicles in an easy to follow "open comp" format race category.
• Harland Sharp All Motor: This heads-up, wheels-up, naturally aspirated engine builders' class is sure to amaze Houston's fans!Click Here: Rules & Purse
• Super Trucks & SUV: If you have a truck or SUV, gasoline or diesel powered, then this class is for you. Lightning...DuraMax...Silverado....S10...F150...yo u're all welcome in Super Trucks & SUV.
• Indy Cylinder Head Nostalgia Super Stock Class: Love big '60s muscle cars? If so, you will want to check out the Nostalgia Muscle Car class where you can see some of best muscle cars of all time in original trim racing down the 1320. The race purse for this class will be all combined competitor entry fees paid to top-8 racers.
• JDM Engineering Super Stang: This popular index-style class is for '05 and later Ford Mustangs only...modern blue oval performance at its best!
• Late-Model EFI: This class is open to late-model GM, Ford and Chrysler detroit muscle. Easy to follow index rules make this class one of the most popular.
• Circle D Specialties Fords vs. The World Bracket Showdown: If you're into bracket racing then bring out your Ford, GM or Chrysler vehicle and get ready to rock the 1320.
• TREMEC Lone Star Shootout Presented by Muscle Mustangs: This class is open only to the fastest 16 cars from Saturday's TREMEC True Street class.
2 Massive Car Shows!
NMCA and NMRA will host an awesome national event caliber car show on Saturday and Sunday. Bring out your American made muscle car, hot rod, truck or specialty vehicle for a chance to win over 50 awards each day. The best of show GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles will win beautiful acrylic awards and the overall best of show will win a 6' trophy! Bowties, Blue Ovals and Mopars...this car show will showcase them all. This is the BIG one for car shows in the Houston area with the NMCA and NMRA attracting some of the most beautiful, collectible, stock and modified muscle cars and hot rods in the U.S
Huge Manufacturers' Midway & Swap Meet
Looking to buy some parts for your Mustang or Ford? How about for a Chevy or Mopar? Do you want to speak face-to-face with performance experts? The NMRA/NMCA Lone Star Shootout always has an awesome manufacturers' midway with all sorts of good deals on the performance parts you need for your muscle car or hot rod. There is also a used parts swap meet for folks who are looking for that special hard to find car part!