Evil Street down at Houston Motorsports Park - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Evil Street down at Houston Motorsports Park

Guys, just wondering if any of you are interested in coming down to Houston on 9/25 to try your hand in a semi-budget limited heads up class.

We need to get the car count up so we can get the payout up and keep the class going. So far this year the most cars to qualify in any event was 5 even though we had 7 that paid to run but broke before qualifying. Average has been 4-5 cars at each event. Right now there are 3 cars running in the 5.60s, my slow a$$ running in the 5.90s and no one else that consistently shows up. I'm trying to get mine to get into the 5.70s or so and be able to cut a light on those guys that make more power. 2 of the cars in the 5.60s are SBC powered mustangs and one is the SAM car n/a SBF.

The rules are on www.txdrl.com under Evil Street.

* TIRES
o 28X10.5 OR 275/60 Radial max tire size. Smaller tires allowed.
* ENGINE
o 1 carb Ė cast intake, or EFI 1 throttle body cast intake only.
o Gasoline only
o Conventional heads only, no canted valve or changed valve angles
o Any ignition allowed, but #50 weight break given to those with non-programmable ignitions
* POWER ADDERS
o SINGLE POWER ADDERS ONLY
o Nitrous: Nitrous carb: Single stage plate, 2 solenoids only, 2 entry points only. No diffuser or perimeter style plates. Dual stage plate must have 2nd stage capped off prior to tech inspection and prior to qualifying.
o Nitrous EFI: Single stage plate or single EFI nozzle. 2 solenoids only, 2 entry points only. No dual entry nozzles and no dual entry plates.
o No coke can solenoids, max NOS solenoid orifice .120
o Nitrous Controllers allowed
o Nitrous Jet Limits:
+ Up to 370ci Small Block 93 nitrous jet
+ 370ci up to 413ci SB and up to 473ci BB 82 nitrous jet
+ 414ci up to 440ci SB and 473ci BB up to 509ci BB 73 nitrous jet
+ 441ci + SB and up to 540ci BB 63 nitrous jet
+ No BB larger than 540ci
o Turbo Small Blocks limited to 76mm inlet size and air/air inner coolers only. No meth injection and no nitrous.
o Supercharged Small Blocks limited to max Procharger F1a, Vortec Ysi, Novi 2000, or smaller, and air/air inner cooler only. No meth injection and no nitrous. No roots style blowers unless factory equipped.
o No turbo or supercharged big blocks
* EXHAUST
o Mufflers required, any length, any size.
* WEIGHT AND WEIGHT BREAKS
o Power Adder Weights:
+ Nitrous Small Block Conventional Heads 3100 lbs
+ Nitrous Big Block Conventional Heads 3400 lbs
+ Turbo Small Block Conventional Heads 3200 lbs
+ Supercharged Small Block Conventional Heads 3200 lbs
o Naturally Aspirated Weights:
+ Small Block Conventional heads with cast intake 2700 lbs
+ Small Block Non-conventional heads with cast intake 2900 lbs
+ Small Block Non-conv Heads with sheet metal intake 3000 lbs (Slater Rule)
+ Big Block Conventional heads with cast intake 3100 lbs
* GENERAL RULES
o Part number must be visible on cylinder heads to prove conventional style.
o NO WHEELIE BARS
o Any Suspension allowed, front must be bolted in stock location.
o Stock firewall must be in place with only minor modification to trans tunnel for clearance.
o Stock looking appearance: all light fixtures must be in place, but do not have to work. Lexan allowed if you cannot see the frame work holding it in (trim covers rivets). No big wings, no big forward facing scoops (stock style ram air scoop allowed similar to trans am or small boss mustang).
o *QUALIFIED CARS "**MUST BE CAPABLE OF**" RUNNING 6.30 OR FASTER FOR EVIL STREET

Back half cars OK, but donít get mad if everyone bitches that your back half car should be running with the big boys.

Cars must hit the scale and be teched by Evil Street tech prior to first round qualifying. If you win the round and the other driver requests you must hit the scale to prove your weight. Loser not required to scale.

Cars must be driven to the staging lanes, driven from the end of the track back to the pits, and to the scales. Cars must be driven under their own power. No pushing, pulling, or tow/support vehicles allowed. The only time pushing the car is allowed is to advance while in the staging lanes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Time Served

Whats the pay out????

Just a 4 second mustang

4.70 at 155 MPH With a 1.12 60 foot
King Of DFW Stangs!
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6 speed All Bolt ons ordered
2008 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
2008 Cadi Escalade
2008 Shelby Gt 500 204.7 MPH In the standing mile
1999 WS-6 Ram Air 6.31 In the 1/8 All MOTOR
2005 Power Stroke 562 HP 1021 Torque Single Turbo
2008 Viper ASR Stock
2005 Renagade
2008 30 Outlaw Baja Twin 496s
2001 WS-6 Ram Air 6.71 1/8 On a 100 shot
2005 Lambo Gallardo The G Ride
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Your Daddy

[QUOTE=1fastvipper;6330665]Whats the pay out????[/QUOTE]

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

If we make 8 cars, I believe $800/300/100/50 or something like that. Entry is $100. If we don't make 8 cars its a 70/30 split and if a sponsor throws in some money, maybe $50 to semis.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Time Served

Will a turbo 4cly car with a single stage N2O system that uses 4 nozzles be able to run? I'll have to pull the valve cover for you to see the part number on the head and I'd rather not have to do that.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 11:46 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by svo855 View Post
Will a turbo 4cly car with a single stage N2O system that uses 4 nozzles be able to run? I'll have to pull the valve cover for you to see the part number on the head and I'd rather not have to do that.
Sorry bud, single power adders only.

Out of curiousity, what does your setup run? What does it weigh?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Time Served

I have never put it on a scale to see the weight per se but I have corner balanced it. I'll believe that it's about 3100lbs with me in it, a full gas tank, and 2 full 15lbs bottles. The car still has a/c.

It will do 134mph in the 1/4 mile but it is EXTREMELY traction limited because I have always run it on street tires; it did an 11.90 one time but that was with a 2.0 60ft. It will run in the 130s on every pass. Top speed is a gear limited 172mph and it will get there in a hurry.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

So you have never put a slick on it or run a low 6 in the 1/8 mile, yet you're interested in running in a class with cars that have gone [email protected] mph in the 1/8?

There is an ET minimum to qualify of a 6.30.

If you're truly interested in running in the class, go to www.voy.com/16243/ for Hotrodgossip2.com and put up a post asking about allowing a 4 cylinder with turbo and nitrous.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Time Served

I didn't see the 6.3 ET 1/8 mile requirement. I can pull the slicks off of my RX-7 and I'll be good to go for a few passes. 9 bigger pills in the N20 system and some more boost plus a pull or 2 on the dyno to make sure the tune is safe will get me in the ball park. I doubt that I can get it to run a 6.3 ET though. A 6.8 would be closer to what I'd be able to run if I had to guess.

Rule#2 Double Tap
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

134-135 is all I have run in the 1/4, but recently went a [email protected] in the 1/8 mile. Its all in the sixty foot and first half of the track. I would think a 4 cylinder turbo car would be fairly light in the nose and much easier to hook up than a typical V8 mustang. Maybe you just need a much looser torque converter or to really launch that thing at some real high rpms off a clutch dump.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-20-2010, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

This race is this weekend and we could sure use some cars in the class. It looks like Joe just made a jet change, small blocks get an 85 jet now, I'm assuming this is for those that were required to run the smaller jets due to ci limit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement