Lynch is still a bad ass - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Pink Taco KILLA!

Lynch is still a bad ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhfjv...layer_embedded

Id like to see a Wolfe vs Lynch race best 2 of 3.

These arent your average stock headed turbo cars..LMGDAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Prez
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Worship me

Some of the cars that showed up for that event were just fucking sick. The pics were crazy.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 PM
DERP DERP DERP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL P View Post
Some of the cars that showed up for that event were just fucking sick. The pics were crazy.
I know it's on yellowbullet, but I'm lazy, and that site had malware last time I was there. Soooo, link it.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 06:31 PM
That's what she said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhfjv...layer_embedded

Id like to see a Wolfe vs Lynch race best 2 of 3.

These arent your average stock headed turbo cars..LMGDAO
slick to drag radial??? I got Lynch all day long.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88hatch5_0 View Post
slick to drag radial??? I got Lynch all day long.
Wolfes not afraid of slicks dude..

Slick to Slick for a sick race.

Quote:
Mike.. If you go faster than a 6.4 it would be a miracle - unless you have a strong tail wind. That thing is gonna spit chicken bones everywhere..
Quote:
ive come closer to 5's then you ever have, and will be deeper in the 5's then you will ever be...just tell me when you will be ready, ill be waiting...
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
That's what she said!

Quote:
Wolfes not afraid of slicks dude..

Slick to Slick for a sick race.
from the outside looking in, this is how I see it. With as much shit that has been talked about drag radial vs slick and Wolfe being the heavy hitter for drag radial, I doubt we will see it.

Having said that, I would love to see it.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 10:56 PM
Chassis Service

notice the spring launcher alignment bar was left in. Its only about half way in. I wonder if they meant to do that.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Chassis Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90GT50 View Post
I know it's on yellowbullet, but I'm lazy, and that site had malware last time I was there. Soooo, link it.

http://clickclickboom.smugmug.com/
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Narcissistic fade away

IIRC, Wolfe's been 1.16 to the 60's on the radials and no bars - I don't see slicks bieng a huge advantage for him. EDIT - I see Lynch has been 1.07, that's a pretty big advantage, but that was done in the past week or two. Wolfe's 1.18 was last year. That race, should it ever happen, would be good - no doubt.

Ok, Mike, I'll ask.. what' with the "stock head" stabs?

Last edited by turbostang; 09-09-2010 at 10:20 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Correction, it's 1.18 to the 60' on the radials. You can hear him say it about the 3:47 mark in this video.

post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Lifer

Are you all really comparing an Outlaw 10.5 car to a stock suspended mustang? Talk about apples to oranges.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
Are you all really comparing an Outlaw 10.5 car to a stock suspended mustang? Talk about apples to oranges.
Yeah, that too.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Turbo Todd is 10.5

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Thats against the law Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis929 View Post
Turbo Todd is 10.5

Ole Todd's come a long way since that old primered Camaro. I saw him eat the wall in Memphis at the fastest street car shootout....about 13-14 years ago.

69/70ish Mustang
Dedicated To The Hater Purists

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbostang View Post
IIRC, Wolfe's been 1.16 to the 60's on the radials and no bars - I don't see slicks bieng a huge advantage for him. EDIT - I see Lynch has been 1.07, that's a pretty big advantage, but that was done in the past week or two. Wolfe's 1.18 was last year. That race, should it ever happen, would be good - no doubt.

<--- Stock Headed Turbo Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKRD View Post
I figured it was either you or Dan that he was referring to.

How close is your car to being done?
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
You tell me?...Some people seem to think ported heads are not worth it on a turbo motor. I cant help but laugh. I know whats what.

Quote:
Quote:
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin4Lyfe View Post
I figured it was either you or Dan that he was referring to.

How close is your car to being done?
Mike wasn't talking about me. but i just wanted to point out that i am stock headed

car will be running end of the month.

Quote:
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Unc
Lifer

Quote:
Correction, it's 1.18 to the 60' on the radials. You can hear him say it about the 3:47 mark in this video.

Wow, awesome video. I looked at the 330 times and he had a 3.04 I think it was and it went 4.44 at 660 and then I look at my best 330 of 3.28 AT 5.04 660 and then I see the ET gap between the back end and I said to myself, holy crap. That thang hauls azz on the back side. IT MUST BE LIKE RIDING IN A ROCKET. But then again, I'm comparing oranges to lemons! lol

Unc
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
You tell me?...Some people seem to think ported heads are not worth it on a turbo motor. I cant help but laugh. I know whats what.
I figured you were talking about me and just beating around the bush. I think I know that the conversation you speak of, you are taking my comments out of context and attempting to use them to fuel your jabs. I briefly looked for the conversation you speak of, if it's the one you are referring to, but couldn't find it.

I think it was in reference to Doug's car, but could be mistaken but I believe the conversation went something like.. Doug wanted to change the heads on his car to alleviate his headgasket problem. I said to fix the problem that's blowing the HG's and not spend money on aftermarket heads, or porting them (if money or a budget were concerns). I think he asked about porting the stockers, I told him it would be ok, but I wouldn't spend the money on it - that it would still make enough power to split the block with the turbo he has without doing ANYTHING to the motor, but rather to spend the money on the fuel system. At that time, you were pushing Chris' head porting more than normal (not that it's bad, he does good work from what I know), and again, used it to fuel your argument.

I NEVER said ported heads wouldn't make more power on a turbo motor, I know you can't be so nieve to think that's what I actually meant.
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Pink Taco KILLA!

Quote:
I figured you were talking about me and just beating around the bush. I think I know that the conversation you speak of, you are taking my comments out of context and attempting to use them to fuel your jabs. I briefly looked for the conversation you speak of, if it's the one you are referring to, but couldn't find it.

I think it was in reference to Doug's car, but could be mistaken but I believe the conversation went something like.. Doug wanted to change the heads on his car to alleviate his headgasket problem. I said to fix the problem that's blowing the HG's and not spend money on aftermarket heads, or porting them (if money or a budget were concerns). I think he asked about porting the stockers, I told him it would be ok, but I wouldn't spend the money on it - that it would still make enough power to split the block with the turbo he has without doing ANYTHING to the motor, but rather to spend the money on the fuel system. At that time, you were pushing Chris' head porting more than normal (not that it's bad, he does good work from what I know), and again, used it to fuel your argument.

I NEVER said ported heads wouldn't make more power on a turbo motor, I know you can't be so nieve to think that's what I actually meant.
it has nothing whatsoever to do with Dougs post..at all!

Quote:
Quote:
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 AM
Narcissistic fade away

Quote:
it has nothing whatsoever to do with Dougs post..at all!
You got me then, I have no idea what you are talking about.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 AM
KOTS

He is talking about my car... And how my cam doesn't utilize my ported heads. Comments have been made that flow numbers on a head don't matter as much on a turbo motor. I guess its a stab at me in some way maybe? Hell I don't know.

95 Turbo GT - Pee yellow
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:27 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINKRD View Post

Quote:
Quote:
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
So if you know whats what why the hell compare Tym Lynch to David Wolfe? Stock headed turbo cars durrrrrr........................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement