Saturday September 4th TTT5 North Star - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Unc
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,145
Saturday September 4th TTT5 North Star

Unc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
Gonna be back out for this one and cant wait.
truestreet5.8 is offline  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
Is it Saturday yet?????????? Gonna watch these BBchebbys run some 0's again on us.
truestreet5.8 is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Unc
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestreet5.8 View Post
Is it Saturday yet?????????? Gonna watch these BBchebbys run some 0's again on us.
Mine is broke and so is my racing budget. I got enough to go bird huntin though.
Unc is offline  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Lifer
 
BigShoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arlington
Posts: 4,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestreet5.8 View Post
Gonna be back out for this one and cant wait.
Thats what I like to hear!
BigShoe is offline  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Unc
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShoe View Post
Thats what I like to hear!
Chris Calhoun went a string of low teens Saturday with his SBF and he cuts a 00x light every pass. I heard a 5.10 from Calhoun and the report said the DA was way up there for Houston. Also the Pontiac powered Fairmont is back up and running. There aint no tellin what he will pull out of the bag and then there is Josh Colt in pops car. That car is just waiting on a tune-up to make it haul a$$ and I bet $ they got it figured out. But then again, I aint a bettin man.
Unc is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:29 AM
Narcissistic fade away
 
turbostang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 17,504
I'd be willing to bet, by the EOY - you'll see a bunch of 4.9x's!
turbostang is offline  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 09:46 AM
lbt
Lifer
 
lbt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: plano
Posts: 1,460
Trevor stripling ran a 4.98 At HMP saturday night.

..........LBT
lbt is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unc View Post
Chris Calhoun went a string of low teens Saturday with his SBF and he cuts a 00x light every pass. I heard a 5.10 from Calhoun and the report said the DA was way up there for Houston. Also the Pontiac powered Fairmont is back up and running. There aint no tellin what he will pull out of the bag and then there is Josh Colt in pops car. That car is just waiting on a tune-up to make it haul a$$ and I bet $ they got it figured out. But then again, I aint a bettin man.
We're not really facing a tune up issue but more of a converter issue. Chance converter works perfect going down the track which is what we used when we went the .17 but it won't spool to save it's ass. PTC verter spools really well but wont run for shit down the track so far. Damn converter is the heart of a turbo car and were on life support now. lol

I can't believe Calhoun went a .10 already. That was a steady .17-.22 car at 135 every pass.
truestreet5.8 is offline  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 10:49 AM
KOTS
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Crowley
Posts: 3,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestreet5.8 View Post
We're not really facing a tune up issue but more of a converter issue. Chance converter works perfect going down the track which is what we used when we went the .17 but it won't spool to save it's ass. PTC verter spools really well but wont run for shit down the track so far. Damn converter is the heart of a turbo car and were on life support now. lol

I can't believe Calhoun went a .10 already. That was a steady .17-.22 car at 135 every pass.
What MPH are you going with the PTC?

95 Turbo GT - Pee yellow
BoostedGT is offline  
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
I'll be there spectating. With a low of 65 for Saturday it should be a good night...
Skidmark is offline  
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedGT View Post
What MPH are you going with the PTC?
135 was our best with the PTC and 139 with the Chance.
truestreet5.8 is offline  
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
KOTS
 
BoostedGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Crowley
Posts: 3,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestreet5.8 View Post
135 was our best with the PTC and 139 with the Chance.
Interesting.

95 Turbo GT - Pee yellow
BoostedGT is offline  
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Unc
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by truestreet5.8 View Post
We're not really facing a tune up issue but more of a converter issue. Chance converter works perfect going down the track which is what we used when we went the .17 but it won't spool to save it's ass. PTC verter spools really well but wont run for shit down the track so far. Damn converter is the heart of a turbo car and were on life support now. lol

I can't believe Calhoun went a .10 already. That was a steady .17-.22 car at 135 every pass.
Calhoun stepped it up and went close to a 138 mph in Houston. His car 60 foots in the high teens. The 60 with his reaction time makes him hard to beat. He is a great person and I pull for em every race because he works at it with all he has. Go over and talk to him if you get a chance. He is a good man.

Unc
Unc is offline  
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unc View Post
Calhoun stepped it up and went close to a 138 mph in Houston. His car 60 foots in the high teens. The 60 with his reaction time makes him hard to beat. He is a great person and I pull for em every race because he works at it with all he has. Go over and talk to him if you get a chance. He is a good man.

Unc
Oh ive chatted with him a few times and he is a great guy. I was about to drive around him at Crandel my first race and he beat me by a fender. I treed him too and his guy's were giving him crap about sleeping. I think his 60' was a 1.21 on that pass. That car WORKS!!
truestreet5.8 is offline  
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Land of never enough
 
truestreet5.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: True Ten 5 land
Posts: 2,326
It's that time boy's and girls! What a nice day for some small tire racing.

Northstar dragway---BE THERE!
truestreet5.8 is offline  
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 839
I am in LOOKS like fun!! Weather couldnt be nicer..

Just a 4 second mustang

4.70 at 155 MPH With a 1.12 60 foot
King Of DFW Stangs!
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 6 speed All Bolt ons ordered
2008 Mega Cab Cummins 4x4
2008 Cadi Escalade
2008 Shelby Gt 500 204.7 MPH In the standing mile
1999 WS-6 Ram Air 6.31 In the 1/8 All MOTOR
2005 Power Stroke 562 HP 1021 Torque Single Turbo
2008 Viper ASR Stock
2005 Renagade
2008 30 Outlaw Baja Twin 496s
2001 WS-6 Ram Air 6.71 1/8 On a 100 shot
2005 Lambo Gallardo The G Ride
1fastvipper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome