any video of the cruise? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
Thumbs up any video of the cruise?

anyone get any video last night at the cruise. lots of nice cars out there. props to the track prepper in my opinion in the heat like that you guys did a great job

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Resident Pinstriper
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Right where I need to be.
Posts: 5,190
Bubba, it was meeting you last night ! Car was looking good.....except for that red-light !

Bubba was a cool dude !

-Aaron

CRASH is offline  
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
was a cool dude? im still a cool dude...lol nice meeting you to. i guess your alright yourself. your much bigger than me so im going to say that...jk oh what red light? i tried everything on him and he wasnt budging. oh well the better car won.

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
 
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a van down by the" river"!
Posts: 783
nice meeting you crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
Bubba, it was meeting you last night ! Car was looking good.....except for that red-light !

Bubba was a cool dude !

-Aaron
bubba "is" cool! funny as hell good attitude to, i was the big guy with the blue gt! your car is one of the cleanest 4-eyes i have seen i got a 85gt will have it ready soon will be at the fall cruise for sure! see you around! dave!

ABRACADABRA HOMES!
fordracer is offline  
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in a van down by the" river"!
Posts: 783
got phone video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBASTIFF View Post
anyone get any video last night at the cruise. lots of nice cars out there. props to the track prepper in my opinion in the heat like that you guys did a great job
sent you a couple on the phone s10 vs boosted and franklins 5.41 race

ABRACADABRA HOMES!
fordracer is offline  
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
cool man thanks

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Resident Pinstriper
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Right where I need to be.
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBASTIFF View Post
was a cool dude? im still a cool dude...lol nice meeting you to. i guess your alright yourself. your much bigger than me so im going to say that...jk oh what red light? i tried everything on him and he wasnt budging. oh well the better car won.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracer View Post
bubba "is" cool! funny as hell good attitude to, i was the big guy with the blue gt! your car is one of the cleanest 4-eyes i have seen i got a 85gt will have it ready soon will be at the fall cruise for sure! see you around! dave!
HAHA, you know what I meant ! You were a cool dude when I met you last night !

I had a blast last night. Glad to meet you guys. Where do you guys normally run, Bubba ?

-Aaron

CRASH is offline  
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
i only go out maybe twice a month at the most to redline...where over here in forney

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 04:55 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
here is a link the vids that i got last night. Didn't get many this time out
http://vimeo.com/album/713800
like usual post up who you are and if I didn't get you...maybe next time

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
that was me against the supra...

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBASTIFF View Post
that was me against the supra...
alrighty got you at least.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 8,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUBBASTIFF View Post
that was me against the supra...
Nice run....Supra ran pretty good also.
TOMMY is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 458
tight race

BUBBASTIFF is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:38 PM
Punk Ass Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Nice to meet you last night, Bubba. That was a fun night despite you putting me out in the first round. LOL!
Dynosaur is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 05:40 PM
DERP DERP DERP
 
90GT50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Close one eye, step to the side.
Posts: 36,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynosaur View Post
Nice to meet you last night, Bubba. That was a fun night despite you putting me out in the first round. LOL!
LOL, pretty close race. Good runs, Ross.

Jeremy

90GT50 is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 06:34 PM
FIRE!
 
F8LSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
here is a link the vids that i got last night. Didn't get many this time out
http://vimeo.com/album/713800
like usual post up who you are and if I didn't get you...maybe next time
Cool vids, thats me up against Aaron.
F8LSVT is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LSVT View Post
Cool vids, thats me up against Aaron.
Ok changed it. What did you end up running for the night?

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Resident Pinstriper
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Right where I need to be.
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
Ok changed it. What did you end up running for the night?
We'll just say he was faster than me ! LOL !

I think I saw him run a 7.04 just before I left.

-Aaron

CRASH is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 08:47 PM
LiFeR.....
 
Geronimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Plano, Tx
Posts: 1,182
Thats econo drag against bad 03 cobra.

2008 12.00 Index Texas Fastest Street Car Champion
RIP Eric... a true friend! you will always be remembered!

Geronimo is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 PM
FIRE!
 
F8LSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
We'll just say he was faster than me ! LOL !

I think I saw him run a 7.04 just before I left.

-Aaron
Yep, that was up against econodrag. Last run of the night right before kodfws I went [email protected] Im stoked it'll do a low 7 in this crap weather.

Last edited by F8LSVT; 08-22-2010 at 09:17 PM.
F8LSVT is offline  
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 09:55 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LSVT View Post
Yep, that was up against econodrag. Last run of the night right before kodfws I went [email protected] Im stoked it'll do a low 7 in this crap weather.
damn dude congrats.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 PM
FIRE!
 
F8LSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
damn dude congrats.
Thanks man.
F8LSVT is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 01:51 AM
tha cookie
 
oreos_stang3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 2,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
here is a link the vids that i got last night. Didn't get many this time out
http://vimeo.com/album/713800
like usual post up who you are and if I didn't get you...maybe next time
that was pretty cold. no videos of me. not fast enough for ya
i am just screwing with ya. i will catch up to yall eventually

1999 Ford Mustang- Back in Black: under construction

2004 Honda Element- not so much racing goodies the daily driver
oreos_stang3 is offline  
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 05:53 AM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
who was the red sn95 using the donut spare tires for front runners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:51 AM
WRECKIN' BALL BITCHES!
 
greenbullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: listening to the box of excuses why fourteen3s million dollar car wont run a number...
Posts: 9,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LSVT View Post
Thanks man.
thats awesome, wish i couldve made it. maybe next time

resident heater core/ring&pinion installer
greenbullitt is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:05 AM
Crackalack!
 
Doug Hatton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Rockin' the Mic! LMAO!
Posts: 7,663
Sounds like we'd be a good race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LSVT View Post
Yep, that was up against econodrag. Last run of the night right before kodfws I went [email protected] Im stoked it'll do a low 7 in this crap weather.
Doug Hatton is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Full tilt boogie !!
 
Txstang1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: out yonder way
Posts: 10,208
Did anyone get any vid on the white foxbody gt on convo pros ?

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.


Txstang1 is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 12:34 PM
Lifer
 
Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
here is a link the vids that i got last night. Didn't get many this time out
http://vimeo.com/album/713800
like usual post up who you are and if I didn't get you...maybe next time
Your trap seems low for the power you're making. You think it's just the heat?

Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, 4.10s, full MM suspension, upper pulley and bolt-ons
Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown 400" LS stroker
Black '85 GT - bone stock except true dual exhaust
Trick Pony is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick Pony View Post
Your trap seems low for the power you're making. You think it's just the heat?
It's a combination of many things, the biggest is me sucking at driving at the track. I never really cooled the car down other then popping the hood. I didn't launch hard due to being the stock irs with just a brace and the et streets. It has a lot left in it and I need to get a better clutch that will grab. My dual friction acts like I am riding it even after I am off of it completely. I went out expecting to run 8's so I was happy with the 7.6's. With the ported eaton on a crazy tune I was trapping 91.40 at 7.60 and Saturday when I was more aggressive I trapped 94.5X and ran a 7.6X so it has the potential. The whipple hits power differently then the eaton. I could launch at 3K with the eaton and not bog too much, launched at 3.5K with the whipple and blow the tires or bog. I just have to find that inbetween sweet spot and quit being so timid.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Lifer
 
Mustangman_2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 8,912
Justin - Your Cobra is running pretty damn good IMO, especially considering what the ambient temperatures were. I think your trap mph is solid and will just continue to improve in fall air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
it was not a problem to bring money to his house at 10pm.so why is it a problem to call and bitch.it wasnt a problem when we were all sitting around smoking pot together.yes i said it we all were smoking pot together.what now stupid.
Mustangman_2000 is offline  
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Lifer
 
Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
It's a combination of many things, the biggest is me sucking at driving at the track. I never really cooled the car down other then popping the hood. I didn't launch hard due to being the stock irs with just a brace and the et streets. It has a lot left in it and I need to get a better clutch that will grab. My dual friction acts like I am riding it even after I am off of it completely. I went out expecting to run 8's so I was happy with the 7.6's. With the ported eaton on a crazy tune I was trapping 91.40 at 7.60 and Saturday when I was more aggressive I trapped 94.5X and ran a 7.6X so it has the potential. The whipple hits power differently then the eaton. I could launch at 3K with the eaton and not bog too much, launched at 3.5K with the whipple and blow the tires or bog. I just have to find that inbetween sweet spot and quit being so timid.
I know how that goes. I ran [email protected] with just a pulley and bolt-ons in the limiter for the last 100' before when my car was lighter on DRs. Now I have a twin disc, TKO600 and slicks but I also added a couple hundred pounds with a 10-pt cage and still haven't added the power to back it up and all I managed to do was bend an axle and run slower.

Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, 4.10s, full MM suspension, upper pulley and bolt-ons
Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown 400" LS stroker
Black '85 GT - bone stock except true dual exhaust
Trick Pony is offline  
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 06:48 PM
FIRE!
 
F8LSVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbullitt View Post
thats awesome, wish i couldve made it. maybe next time
Thanks Paul! Hows your car doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Hatton View Post
Sounds like we'd be a good race!
I think we would. When the weather cools off Im down to set something up.
F8LSVT is offline  
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Resident Pinstriper
 
CRASH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Right where I need to be.
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8LSVT View Post
Cool vids, thats me up against Aaron.
Damn, you didn't have to zoom in on my slow ass time ! LOL !

Ah well. I had a lot of fun anyway. Hopefully it will be faster in the next month or two. But I didn't realize the damn fall cruise was so close, so I doubt it will have gears and better tires before then. I'd like to go to it though.

-Aaron

CRASH is offline  
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH View Post
Damn, you didn't have to zoom in on my slow ass time ! LOL !

Ah well. I had a lot of fun anyway. Hopefully it will be faster in the next month or two. But I didn't realize the damn fall cruise was so close, so I doubt it will have gears and better tires before then. I'd like to go to it though.

-Aaron
lol it's all good bro. Same here I just noticed the next cruise is in a few weeks, so I will be watching this time. I doubt I will have the new clutch broken in by then.

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Never Enough
 
R1Psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: west side fort worth
Posts: 3,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
Justin - Your Cobra is running pretty damn good IMO, especially considering what the ambient temperatures were. I think your trap mph is solid and will just continue to improve in fall air.
Yeah I think with more seat time I can improve for sure Tim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick Pony View Post
I know how that goes. I ran [email protected] with just a pulley and bolt-ons in the limiter for the last 100' before when my car was lighter on DRs. Now I have a twin disc, TKO600 and slicks but I also added a couple hundred pounds with a 10-pt cage and still haven't added the power to back it up and all I managed to do was bend an axle and run slower.
I ordered a spec stage 3+ so that should grip pretty good. I test drove a buddies car today that has the spec and it will take some getting used to for sure, but when it is released....its released. I will probably break my half shafts now, but that will give me more reason to upgrade

www.myspace.com/r1psycho
www.vimeo.com/r1psycho


2003 Cobra - just a non driving ass
411 hp 399 tq 2-22-08 stock
Not stock, but very slow

RIP *Nanny* Doris Brazil 1-07-31 - 7-16-08
R1Psycho is offline  
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 PM
Lifer
 
Trick Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: McKinney
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post

I ordered a spec stage 3+ so that should grip pretty good. I test drove a buddies car today that has the spec and it will take some getting used to for sure, but when it is released....its released. I will probably break my half shafts now, but that will give me more reason to upgrade
I ran a Spec stage 3 with my 2V setup and I liked it a lot. If you can avoid wheelhop your halfshafts may hold up ok. Wheelhop is what killed my Moser 31 spline axle in my solid rear.

Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, 4.10s, full MM suspension, upper pulley and bolt-ons
Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown 400" LS stroker
Black '85 GT - bone stock except true dual exhaust
Trick Pony is offline  
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 08-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Darkside
 
SSMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Slipped over to the dark side.
Posts: 20,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1Psycho View Post
here is a link the vids that i got last night. Didn't get many this time out
http://vimeo.com/album/713800
like usual post up who you are and if I didn't get you...maybe next time
Did not know you had a vid of me and Casey racing from the time before last. #77, thanks!

"Time is the best teacher.........unfortunately it kills everyone of its students"
SSMAN is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome