DFW Mustang Forums banner

For guys in the Houston area, All stang race??

326 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  vnmous93cobra 
#1 ·
I don't know if this is the right forum, if it works better in another one let me know. :confused:

I work at Angleton Raceway (Formerly Angleton Dragway) , and last night a couple of us were discussing possible upcoming events. We discussed the possibility of doing something along the lines of an all mustang bracket event, or an all mustang jackpot race. If you aren't familiar with the track, we are located on hwy 2004, about 3 miles west of Angleton. We could do it on a Friday or Saturday night, and I could set it up with a few weeks notice. We would have general test n tune for the "other" cars, but the event would be just for stangs. We have been getting a pretty good turnout from local street stangs is what prompted the discussion.

Usually on our jackpot type races, it is an additional $10 entry fee, and all of the additional money goes into a pot to be split amongst the #1 and #2 racers. Also, if there are enough cars, the track will throw some money in the pot (i.e. 20 cars = extra $100, 30 cars extra $150 or $200, etc.) as well as any sponsors we can drum up. We try to get sponsorships from any local business we can drum up, as well as any outside sponsors looking for some cheap advertising and publicity (we announce the sponsors each round throughout the evening). We could even set up to do this monthly, or bi monthly, or whatever. We are extremely easy to work with, and the track is outstanding this year. We have only been back open maybe six weeks, and we have already had 4 guys set personal bests, 2 of which were TTT5 cars: a 4.78@152, a 4.88@144, a 5.01@138 and a 4.94@140........so the track is hookin'. :D

Anyways....if anybody has an interest in doing something like this, please post, pm me, or email me at vnmous93cobra@hotmail.com and we can work out details.

See less See more
#3 ·
Kevin Cram, the chassis slammed down and unloaded around 80' out, threw sparks, got a little squirly, etc. but Kevin doesn't lift.......so he drove through it. It has more in it, just needs some tweakin. I have seen him put up 155mph trap speeds before ;) (small block turbo S10, no fast ford guys coming out yet this year locally)

#4 ·
vnmous93cobra said:
Kevin Cram, the chassis slammed down and unloaded around 80' out, threw sparks, got a little squirly, etc. but Kevin doesn't lift.......so he drove through it. It has more in it, just needs some tweakin. I have seen him put up 155mph trap speeds before ;) (small block turbo S10, no fast ford guys coming out yet this year locally)
So your saying he is running limited street TTT5 this year? Is so this should get interesting real quick. Who where the other Houston guy's running the other times mentioned? I can't wait...two more weeks till the first race. :)

#5 ·
Actually I misspoke, Keving runs outlaw 10.5, not true 10. One of the 5.01's was a TTT5 car, and we had a TPSA car run his personal best of 4.95 tonight. I can't mention the other names, they were NT passes, but Kevin ran the 4.78, and Jim Naylor was the TPSA car tonight. It has more in it, it's a new car they are working the bugs out of. He was hitting consistant 1.09 60's with it.

#6 ·
ttt

#8 ·
So far this year is has been a little slow, 30-40 cars a night or so, but by the middle to end of last year we had about 70-75 every friday. Hopefully we will be back there pretty soon. It gets boring watching 2 19 yr. olds hot lap a crx and a sentra for 2 hrs until closing time :D

#9 ·
I haven't had much feedback so far, however we have scheduled some index races.
June 10, July 15, Aug. 12, Sept. 2, Oct. 14, Nov. 4
Spectator $15, Car & Driver $55.00 All classes Semi-Finalist pays $40.00

4.90 winner 1000
r/u 400
5.40 winner 900
r/u 350
5.80 winner 800
r/u 300
6.20 winner 700
r/u 200
7.00 winner 500
r/u 100
8.00 winner 300
r/u 100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.