DFW Mustang Forums banner

So close, yet so far

304 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Thehead 
#1 ·
Went to ennis tonight, loved the weather, hated both the entry lines to get *IN* to the 'plex, and also the staging lanes. I picked out two cars that had 'lapped' me. The outside lanes were definately the quickest moving lanes.

First and only run was a 13.11@106.95@2.011 . My eight MPH was down a mph or two at 84.39. Car weighed in at 3510 with me in it at 7/8 tank (my weight is like 18x) .

I bet if i had taken out more of the crap i had in my car, and adjusted the struts shocks to 1/4 instead of 5/5 it would have made enough of a difference to get a 12.9 or better . Powershifting would have helped to, but im not that worried about 12's. The weather out there was great for racing, but my bitch ass cant take much of any kind of cold for long.

Ill post up about everything else that happened in the other thread. :)

#3 ·
32VfromHell said:
not bad for 18 inch radials for me :shrug:
SLOWNESS!!! :p

actually that's not bad at all for 18" street tires. what was your 1/8 ET? put some slicks on that dang thing already. i want to see some 7's in the 1/8 and mid to low 12s in the 1/4. don't make me call your slow ass out to motivate you ;) . putting my bullit intake on next week...:D . gotta get retuned but then maybe we can get to the track over spring break.

marcus

#4 ·
your car was running pretty good last night... but i agree, some slicks and you'll have some decent times.... word for the day "SLICKS"!:D

#6 ·
2cammer97 said:
so were you out there running? :)

marcus
yeah i was out there, made 2 passes.. both on radials, just for shits and grins and to see how what kind of time's it would run.... 1st pass 2.3 60ft 13.4x @ 110 next pass... 1.89 60ft, NICE, then spun in second 12.9X @110... when i get the rear suspension and the vibration sorted out i'll put some slicks on it and see if i can bust off some low 12's .....

#8 ·
Thehead said:
yeah i was out there, made 2 passes.. both on radials, just for shits and grins and to see how what kind of time's it would run.... 1st pass 2.3 60ft 13.4x @ 110 next pass... 1.89 60ft, NICE, then spun in second 12.9X @110... when i get the rear suspension and the vibration sorted out i'll put some slicks on it and see if i can bust off some low 12's .....
not bad. but you've got a light coupe with a 347....i won't be happy till i see some 11's. ;) :D

marcus

#11 ·
Ylw 98~~SNAKE~~ said:
Nice times ryan.....what kind of tires were you on???? I decide to powershift second gear on my second run and it spun like a bitch. I lost alot of ET from that but it stuck a lil better than the first run. powershift it and youll get a 12 for sure
Toyo Proxies T1-S, 295/35/18 in the back.

Yes, i WAS going to use BJ's drag radials , but the lines were un-flippin-believable. I got ONE run in.

I was considering powershifting the run, but it felt like a solid run so far, with it going straight and not a lot of shimmying out back, so i stuck to my plan of just driving it as it was.

my 1/8 time was only like an 8.5.

This was at the same RWHP level as before, 305rwhp, so i think im going to throw back on some pulleys, a throttle body, driveshaft, lower control arms and a reworked intake and see if i can get 12.7's on radials. That would be nice. Kills me though how i added longtubes and exaust........and am at the same power as i was two years ago. Gah, i guess that crap was helping me more than i thought!I would have the control arms and intake on my car by now if i didnt run into a money-collection problem :mad:

If i switch to some drag-oriented tires and wheels i bet my car will drop another hundred pounds. 3200 pounds sounds nice :)
How much does a gallon of gas weigh? I had almost a full tank.

#12 ·
2cammer97 said:
not bad. but you've got a light coupe with a 347....i won't be happy till i see some 11's. ;) :D

marcus
not as light as you think... it tipped the scales at 3360.... not all that light for a coupe... but i'm a fat ass too soooooo!!!! FATMAN CREW!!!! i honestly think with a few things that i have left to fix and then some slicks it will be a solid 11.7-9 car on motor.... maybe i'll spray it after that???;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.