No street racing posts - Page 2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-09-2006, 08:05 PM

no problem...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 09:42 PM

has anyone else had a dream about some kid in an old beat to shit dakota trying to race you in arlington? i've had this dream 3 times and i always win but barely, oh well though dreams are wierd that way
post #53 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-26-2006, 10:13 PM
CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally Posted by acCobra427
has anyone else had a dream about some kid in an old beat to shit dakota trying to race you in arlington? i've had this dream 3 times and i always win but barely, oh well though dreams are wierd that way

go back to sleep newb! We all like you better that way.

2006 GSX-R 1000
2001 Mustang Bullitt
1992 Mustang Coupe

post #54 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta
To answer the noobie's question about where to race. There are several tracks around the Dallas area to race your car legally.

To my knowledge..the only TRUE quarter mile track is the Ennis Motorplex...run by a bunch of idiots the last time I was there. They charge too much, don't prep the track very well, way to strict on some rules, not strict enough on others, and you will have to sit in line behind 300 16 second (or slower) Civic's, Accords, Neons, Camry's, etc to get your one run in for the night.

Cedar Creek Dragway in Gun Barrel City is a decent 8th mile track if you like Redneck racing (station wagons, Pintos, riding lawn mowers...etc (if you can power it by an engine its probably ok there).

Denton County Dragway is a nice 8th mile (unless its been expanded again) track. Nice staging area, lots of parking, good track personnel.

Redline Raceway north of Rockwall on I-30 is a pretty nice 8th mile track with plenty of parking, good staging area, good track people as well.

One of my fav's is Kennedale near Mansfield. Good 8th mile track. Well prepped, close by, good personnel. All around fun track. Watch the drive going in cuz the cops LOVE that little road.

I guess I should mention Yellow belly in Grand Prairie. 8th mile..if its still open and you wanna race there...dont stir up any trouble or you might get shot. VERY ghetto track.
i seen some videos of yellow belly theres alot of okies that are scared to go there. They dont want there shit to get jacked.
post #55 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Darkside

How do you race a street anyway?

"Time is the best teacher.........unfortunately it kills everyone of its students"
post #56 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
Maybe because it's owned by someone else. Since you are a noob here, you don't know that there was an issue several years ago where several local websites which had local street racing information (stories, callouts, etc) were sued and forced to pony up huge legal fees to fight it.

So no stories = no future legal fees. Get it?

If ya really feel the need to talk street racing, then go back to Stangnet or start your own forum.
ROFLMAO!!!!.....now thats rich.

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #57 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
SVT God

Why is there no street racing posts? This section would be more lively.

2010 Chevy Equinox
1998 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 - RC 3" lift, 31" Duratracs
post #58 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Time Served

do it safe go to the track
post #59 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 PM
next...

Its threads like this that bring out some real idiots. Newbs what if it to death, but do and get banned
post #60 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM

what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if what if.

That is all.
post #61 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302_plus_a_few
LOL!!! What part of this sentence do you not understand?

There are to be no posts about street racing in any form or fashion.
he he

its all about the twins TTB RACING...
post #62 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

one more reason to not street race

http://www.gunoak.com/heather/?page_id=4
post #63 of 93 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 11:07 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyro
damm, horrible. I've got two daughters and I can't imagine losing one in that senseless way

Take that shit to the track!
post #64 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Time Served

Maybe someone on this site should actually step up and crack down on the "Mexico" street racing posts. It is pretty lame to allow those things to go on here with a supposed "no tolerance" rule.
post #65 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Grass Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmh165638
Maybe someone on this site should actually step up and crack down on the "Mexico" street racing posts. It is pretty lame to allow those things to go on here with a supposed "no tolerance" rule.
Shut up fag and mind your own business

Oxford white 03 cobra aka Grass Snake
post #66 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM
[]D[][]\/[][]D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmh165638
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Just say you were at Kennedale or Denton or some other track. I know its kinda lame but sites have been sued over this stuff in the past and I dont want it to happen here.

-Chris
hrmm I suppose Mexico counts as some other track
post #67 of 93 (permalink) Old 08-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue88Coupe
hrmm I suppose Mexico counts as some other track
They are talking about edinburg down by the border

71 Camaro 355sbc 6.472 @ 104mph/10.311 @ 128
Powered by: Tripp Motorsports E85 carburetor

NHRA Super Street-4040
IHRA Hot Rod-404
NHRA ET-404M
IHRA SSS-4X4M

How am I supposed to get my own T-Shirt with all those different numbers?
post #68 of 93 (permalink) Old 09-16-2008, 04:44 PM
Time Served

Spoken like a true street racer. You must be proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator03
Shut up fag and mind your own business
post #69 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Talking

go to the bitch ass track newbie, oh wait im a newbie too!
post #70 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Time Served

unsanctioned automobile events

Look guys this isn't the only website that has this rule. I am a member of a website that used to promote street racing. You would have to know someone on the inside to join. From that point within a week of two you would become a member. To place on their list you would have to race somone and then if you beat them you would get their place. If you didn't win then you were last.
We used the site to arrange when where and who. It didn't take long before the cops knew who we were what we drove and of corse what we did. The worst feeling i have ever had was being at a resturant @ 3am and there being two police officers there. One said hey your that guy on ##### the one with the blue mustang. Oh shit now how he knew me I don't know. I have no record,never been to jail etc. The point is it isn't worth it. Fun it may be but not worth your life or another's. You really never know what may happen.

IT AINT TRICKIN IF YOU GOT IT
post #71 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Time Served

As with most of the people on this board, I used to attend the street races every weekend. I loved it. Seeing friends and badass cars was a nice escape from the daily grind. I lost two friends out there. Both times it was senseless, childish stupidity that were to blame. It's not worth it! Go to the track! Go to the track! Go to the track!

It sucks being slow...but it's harder to break shit!
1987 Toyota Corolla GTS 1.6L DOHC 4AGE
post #72 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 12:05 AM
you cant see me

Ttt

Last edited by Futurama; 01-13-2009 at 12:11 AM.
post #73 of 93 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1994SilverGT View Post
so the what if we dont mentoin where the race took place. only how it turned out. Like we took off and i pulled so much by this gear...?
If you write it correctly, there should be no way for anyone to tell where the race took place. Thus you can still talk about a race that you had on the street, and no one will know that it took place on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksthem1 View Post
i think thedark1337 is a pretty cool guy. eh plays the game and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillaxed View Post
- later on when i was about 16 i suddenly came to the realization that i had zero appeal to women and i said "i'm going to say i'm gay from now on"
post #74 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Time Served

So....since im a newb...........how do you street race???? Do you mark the street with paint, walk out a quarter mile and mark then end with paint? which street do you use to street race?? i'm very confused on the issue of street racing...

89 Lx- HP-458
TQ-448
she is slow.
post #75 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownStroked89Lx View Post
So....since im a newb...........how do you street race???? Do you mark the street with paint, walk out a quarter mile and mark then end with paint? which street do you use to street race?? i'm very confused on the issue of street racing...
There's a street in Ennis, Denton, and Kennedale that is already pre-marked. Just go down to one of those places and have a go.

By the way, they also have lights and a big sign to let you know your speed and E.T.
post #76 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IT"S_JUST_AN_S10 View Post
I lost two friends out there. Both times it was senseless, childish stupidity that were to blame. It's not worth it! Go to the track! Go to the track! Go to the track!
i know this is an old thread but just wanted to give my .2 cents.
people die at the track too! sorry to hear about your friends but if they did stupid stuff at the track then they'd probably get hurt as well.
also, their are more accidents out there of stupid people speeding and weeving through traffic on a daily basis. yeah, street racing is illegal but their are more idiots out there texting while going 70 on the highway causing more accidents. people driving w/ their dogs on their laps blocking their view!
post #77 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Pumpkin Head R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralvarez View Post
i know this is an old thread but just wanted to give my .2 cents.
people die at the track too! sorry to hear about your friends but if they did stupid stuff at the track then they'd probably get hurt as well.
also, their are more accidents out there of stupid people speeding and weaving through traffic on a daily basis. yeah, street racing is illegal but their are more idiots out there texting while going 70 on the highway causing more accidents. people driving w/ their dogs on their laps blocking their view!
It has nothing to do with any of that. It is a liability to the web site owner.

You are the company you keep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
holy shit!

god bless.
Photobucket
post #78 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
It has nothing to do with any of that. It is a liability to the web site owner.
believe me, i understand that part.
it just gets to me when people make such a big deal about street racing when their are more accidents involve on a daily basis w/ idiots behind the wheel

i'm not trying to start no war or anything, i do understand the disclaimer/precaution
post #79 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0_cj View Post
man, i was racing this trans am at the track, he got the out of the hole first, then he took this fuckin crazy left, and then a right, man i could barely hang.
bwahahahahahahahbwa

Im back
post #80 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Time Served

Thumbs up hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
To answer the noobie's question about where to race. There are several tracks around the Dallas area to race your car legally.

To my knowledge..the only TRUE quarter mile track is the Ennis Motorplex...run by a bunch of idiots the last time I was there. They charge too much, don't prep the track very well, way to strict on some rules, not strict enough on others, and you will have to sit in line behind 300 16 second (or slower) Civic's, Accords, Neons, Camry's, etc to get your one run in for the night.

Cedar Creek Dragway in Gun Barrel City is a decent 8th mile track if you like Redneck racing (station wagons, Pintos, riding lawn mowers...etc (if you can power it by an engine its probably ok there).

Denton County Dragway is a nice 8th mile (unless its been expanded again) track. Nice staging area, lots of parking, good track personnel.

Redline Raceway north of Rockwall on I-30 is a pretty nice 8th mile track with plenty of parking, good staging area, good track people as well.

One of my fav's is Kennedale near Mansfield. Good 8th mile track. Well prepped, close by, good personnel. All around fun track. Watch the drive going in cuz the cops LOVE that little road.

I guess I should mention Yellow belly in Grand Prairie. 8th mile..if its still open and you wanna race there...dont stir up any trouble or you might get shot. VERY ghetto track.
hey im offended, ive only shot 2 peaple at yellowbelly and they were asking for it!

ABRACADABRA HOMES!
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Time Served

Thumbs down hmmmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownstroked89lx View Post
so....since im a newb...........how do you street race???? Do you mark the street with paint, walk out a quarter mile and mark then end with paint? Which street do you use to street race?? I'm very confused on the issue of street racing...
i know this is a old thread but WTFFFFFFFF!

ABRACADABRA HOMES!

Last edited by fordracer; 03-20-2010 at 01:52 PM.
post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Sorry about that...i thought lining out street racing on the forum was what yall were talking about...i'll try to keep it in line.
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

"There are to be no posts about street racing in any form or fashion. This is a liability for us as well as you." You deleted mine.....wtf's up w/ reid's story still being on the forum?
post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Lifer

b/c know one gives a fuck who you are or your ricer stories....

Welcome to Stangs bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
i got 20 says you car wont run in this year..now go run along and play on ls1tech..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-less Chris
damn it son..i only had a few more days..sunnmamabitchin asshat! alight jaypee ill meet ya and pay ya your 20..fuckstick!
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
SEB
CAPTAIN CAVEMAN AGGGWHOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracer View Post
i know this is a old thread but WTFFFFFFFF!
Man your Red Hatch always makes me take a second look. Your car just look tough! Nice ride

GOD BLESS TEXAS

August Landscaping
214-779-7278
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

blow me
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

it's bullshit and you all know it...because all of you ppl know eachother gives you an excuse to treat "newbs" like shit? And if i drove a ricer, I assure you I wouldnt be posting shit on a STANG website forum. I've been in the mustang game for quite a while and it kinda sucks to be shit on by ppl who should embrace one of their own. It's all good though. I'm not going away any time soon.
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_packman View Post
it's bullshit and you all know it...because all of you ppl know eachother gives you an excuse to treat "newbs" like shit?
Yes.
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_packman View Post
it's bullshit and you all know it...because all of you ppl know eachother gives you an excuse to treat "newbs" like shit? And if i drove a ricer, I assure you I wouldnt be posting shit on a STANG website forum. I've been in the mustang game for quite a while and it kinda sucks to be shit on by ppl who should embrace one of their own.
Wha wha wha whaaaaaaa whaaaaa!

My '03 Sold.
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

There were some dates posted on track meetings two at K Dale and two at another track would love to know what those were. It was nothing to do with street racing just track meet dates.
thanks
post #91 of 93 (permalink) Old 06-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

clutch problems

i blew the clutch right through the bellhousing in my 1989 5.0, does anyone know where i can find a flywheel,clutch,bellhousing cheap and if so give me a call at 972-832-7899

thanks
dustin
post #92 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 03:55 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

Go to the track safely.
post #93 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 01:44 AM

Outstanding Economic Papers Writing Services

If handling your Economics Papers Writing Assignment obligations seems difficult considering the intensive nature of studying programs, hire Outstanding Economic Papers Writing Services and Reliable Custom Papers Writers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement