DFW Mustang Forums banner

MW2 Perk Builds

7K views 56 replies 23 participants last post by  BottleRocket 
#1 ·
What are your builds?

I'm playing with a knife build right now that absolutely smokes people on small maps. Marathon, Commando, Lightweight. You move so fast that the majority of people barely have a chance to bring the rifle up before you are right up on them.

#6 ·
Lvl 54

bling + (FMJ/ACOG on the ACR rifle and FMJ/Akimbo on G18)
commando +
ninja +

I like running around knifing people though so I may switch it up like Jedis and level up marathon and lightweight
X2 That was one thing I hated about the first one. I would get knifed so much.

The heartbeat sensor is and excelent item to use if you like to knife.

#7 ·
I love MW2 multiplayer.... but it is infuriating sometimes...

I remember one small map (Rust Maybe?) where 3/4 of the players were mid to high level setups like Jedi running around knifing each other.... just don't see the entertainment in that.... to each their own though....

The thing that REALLY drives me insane?

Face-full of shotgun at close range? Still alive...
A knife swipe while running by? Certain death....
:lmao:

#10 ·
depends what I'm doin, I don't have any particular build I use all the time but if I were to pick one... it would be package #6. Fal with a holographic site, sleight of hand, stopping power and ninja. All pro of course, probably gonna put bling pro on here in a minute so I can roll with the silencer as well. The tactical insertion helps a bunch on that package, usp 45 with a silencer as well.

#11 ·
I'm playing with a knife build right now that absolutely smokes people on small maps. Marathon, Commando, Lightweight. You move so fast that the majority of people barely have a chance to bring the rifle up before you are right up on them.
I need to build one of those. I got decimated by a fast moving knifer, and it looked like fun.

I'm at level 34 or so and I've spent the whole time so far using mostly one class, which is whatever assault rifle I'm trying to build out. (FAMAS right now, I've almost totally maxed out M4 and SCAR-H)

So far I've stuck with the PP-2000 as a secondary. Got used to needing that with the SCAR and it's bullshit 40 rounds.

The usual perks are Marathon or Bling. (Bling really just so I can get more attachments faster)

Stopping Power or Cold Blooded. (Depending on if I'm trying to be sneaky or not)

Scrambler

A Flashbang and a Claymore

#14 ·
Gawt damn, Im with Blake. I worked on my knife build and I was pulling 20-35 kills a game last night vs 10-15 with a sniper or assualt rifle. Only thing that is pissing me off is building up a pistol so I can get the tactical knife attachment so I can melee quicker. Too much damn fun though!! I was even able to finally turn on my higher up killstreaks so I could call in pave lows and stuff.

ACR with ACOG
G18 with red dot

marathon pro
lightweight pro
combat pro

#19 ·
Cool, thanks for the lowdown guys!

Sounds like that just has to be done. As far as getting there with a pistol, [OldManVoice] Back in my day [/OldManVoice] in COD4, a pistol was your only backup until you could level up and even then you'd have to sacrifice another perk for overkill. I would consider doing it passively: put a regular pistol as your secondary weapon when you snipe. That way, if somebody gets close, that's about your only option. No better teacher than necessity. It might take a while, but at least you're not spending entire sessions getting your ass whipped when you only have a pistol.

#20 ·
I tend to switch my classes around though one of my favorites is:

Riot class
Primary:Riot shield
Secondary:Varies, usually AA-12 or machine pistols
Grenades: Stun
Equipment: Throwing knife (works really well when people panic and run against riot shield; they get knife in the back) lol
Perks: Marathon, Lightweight, Steady Aim

#22 ·
Stupid question here, but can you use a gun with your riot shield and how do you do it? I've only used the riot shield once and it was in single player and I couldn't figure out how to use a gun at the same time.

Also, in general, how the hell do you aim fast? That's what kills me every time. If I come around the corner at the same time as another dude, he is always quicker on the draw. Even if I get a couple rounds in him first, he'll always somehow end up killing me, so I don't know if it's the round placement or the weapon.

#28 ·
have you guys tried the launcher glitch on mw2? If not you here is how you do it.

first make this class:
Primary weapon: any
Secondary: any launcher except thumper, but preferably the javelin
Equipment: Semtex
Secondary Grenade: any
Perks:
Marathon
Any or preferably Danger close
Ninja or any other perk
Deathstreak: any but final stand
What you do is you switch to your secondary and as you are holding the launcher hold the semtex grenade DO NOT THROW IT, cancel the throw by switching your gun (press Y, or Triangle). Now you should be holding your launcher, for the glitch to work you CANNOT AIM down the sight you can still knife people. Basically run around and let people kill you, watch what happens!

Idk if this works on PS3 as I have only seen it on Xbox

#43 ·
I didn't know Glocks had clips on them, most I've ever seen fit into holsters. I guess clips make it tactical?

Mags is what the people are looking for here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.