DFW Mustang Forums banner

Denon Receiver repair shop in Dallas?

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  odenspike 
#1 ·
I got this receiver from a friend, with it only having the issue of sometimes blanking out video, after some time of use. It has done this a couple times, and come back on, but the last time it went to snow and stayed that way. i had to let it sit for a while, and it came back to normal. Is there anywhere in DFW that anyone can recommend to fix this cideo issue with the receiver?

#13 ·
Not to me. At work we seem to get more busted Denon shit then any other brand.

#4 ·
I would weigh the potential cost vs. value of the receiver. Might be better off replacing the unit other than the fix and replace cost of a video board.

Everyone says Denon is God. However, I've never had an issue with any of my Onkyo receivers.

#9 ·
may be the hdmi cable after further research. many people have the same issue on the xbox 360 forums when running an hdmi cable longer than 10'.

it is an hdcp error aka handshake issue. i need to try to switch the two cat 5 cables over to cat63 on the hdmi extender, maybe add a repeater, or move the equipment next to the tv, opposed to the opposite side of the living room. i did hard reboot the receiver though. thanks andrew.

when using all the same connections and my new ps3 it only did it once, unlike the multiple times with the same dvd in the 360; and it was for a split second, not really long enough to complain, like the several seconds on the 360.

here is a thread about it:

http://forum.xcpus.com/console-gaming/3028-xbox-360-video-issue-over-hdmi.html

http://www.xbox360forum.com/forum/d...-hdcp-link-lost-elite-hdmi-cable-problem.html

#15 ·
Product sheet (Denon AVR-2807) indicates that it is HDMI 1.1 Compliant and HDCP is supported.

Therefore, it is most likely the receiver is bad. Toss it and get an Onkyo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.