DFW Mustang Forums banner

On second thought...

961 views 74 replies 16 participants last post by  Taylor 
#1 ·
I am not jumping off the Cowboy bandwagon just yet. Are people really serious about benching Romo or even getting rid of him?! The guy can flat out play....he had one bad game against one of the better teams in the leaugue and those are facts. I know his track record isn't good in a game that counts BUT he IS the answer to the Cowboys playoff drought and return to a champioship. If the Cowboys cut him today there would be a mad scramble of about 25 teams in the leaugue to try and sign him, and if that doesn't say what kind of player he is or can be then you don't know football. So for now I will withold judgement, and believe he will learn from his mistakes as he and the whole team have vowed and be patient and hopefully be able to say I told you so come December and January.

#4 ·
It's not just one game. It's been like this since Romo started.
Yes, I think he's a good QB with alot of potential but he keeps repeating the same mistakes over & over.
Also, due to the fact he performs poorly during the playoffs. You can only let a trend continue for so long

#5 ·
Let me give you guys a different view. Im an Rams fan, and if you dont want Romo then trade him to the Rams and the Cowboys can have Marc Bulger. Im not a Romo supporter, but I dont think hes crap. No Romo isn't Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach, but hes damn near not Drew Bledsoe or Quincy puff puff pass Carter. Cowboy fans need to be thankful for what they have cause there are alot worse QB's in the NFL than Romo.

Now im all for one guy to replace Jason Garrett then hear me out, go get Mike Martz cause he can make this offense score points.

#62 ·
Let me give you guys a different view. Im an Rams fan, and if you dont want Romo then trade him to the Rams and the Cowboys can have Marc Bulger. Im not a Romo supporter, but I dont think hes crap. No Romo isn't Troy Aikman or Roger Staubach, but hes damn near not Drew Bledsoe or Quincy puff puff pass Carter. Cowboy fans need to be thankful for what they have cause there are alot worse QB's in the NFL than Romo.
Finally a voice of reason, thanks for your input, its good to read something from another prospective.

There was a lot of reasons we lost that game and it was not all of Romo's fault. He is still young, none of the great QB's had succsessful early years, people around here expect too much, actually the bandwagoners expect too much. The defense needs a alot of work, loosing Greg Ellis, Chris Canty and Zack Thomas is starting to show, those guys were very good!

#6 ·
I mean we have to be realistic in expectations...people say he plays in the mold of Favre as a "gunslinger" which has high risk high reward results. Favre did win a superbowl and they were steady in the playoff and championship hunt so I think Romo will produce the same results...he might not win three like Aikman but he will win one.

#7 ·
It also helps when you have a all pro rusher in Emmitt Smith, WR Micheal Irvin, Daryl Johnson. Does Romo have all of that? I dont think so

#11 ·
The real key to the Cowboys winning anything is getting rid of Dave Campo and bringing in someone that isn't scared to have the def secondary challenging the receivers off the line. I'm tired of seeing the secondary playing in a prevent type look and giving up 5-10 yards with every pass.

Fix that first, then take another look at the offense.

#20 ·
iv been on the saints band wagon since they drafted reggie bush and signed drew brees im not gonna lie... first year together they made it farther then the cowboys have in a whole decade.

#50 ·
is ashame that hes not in already. this is the list of receivers who are more deserving than TO who are still playing or just retired.

Issac Bruce
Marvin Harrison (pending his court stuff)
Cris Carter
Torry Holt
Randy Moss

#52 ·
I don't think Romo is a really bad QB, its just that when he came out noone had ever seen him play. Now the league knows how he plays, I think he'll settle into a above avg qb. Def not a great one though. But hey we haven't had a true qb since aikman so fuck it.

#53 ·
Harrison? Are you kidding me? You want to keep TO out because he's a loudmouth. But you want to induct someone who's shot two people, and killed one? Really?

I'd love to hear the logic behind that....[/QUOTE]

thats why i put the pending court stuff. If he is quilty then your right hes gone. but if hes not then he should get in. Hey, LT got in.

#55 ·
JJ just said on the radio that Romo is his guy and I don't blame him. He made that choice when he got rid of ME O and now is going to have to dance with the one that brought him here. It really is fucking tough to be the QB for the Dallas Cowboys, I mean look at Cutler, the first week he had about the same game Romo did against NY and he didn't get crucified half as bad as Romo is. But Romo is the equivalent to Kobe in LA or A Rod in NY just to name a few who play for marquee franchises...if they fucking sneeze it's news to the media.

#56 ·
stop sounding like Newy off 105.3. Shit he threw Marc Bulger under the bus saying that he didnt do anything before getting paid. Fuck you Newy

#61 ·
never heard that station

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.