DFW Mustang Forums banner

Adrian Peterson Remind Me Of

1K views 34 replies 18 participants last post by  philsanity07 
#1 ·
Terrell Davis. Very stong, can break tackles and has decent breakaway speed. Terrell Davis was a beast before he tore his ACL in 1999.

#9 ·
I'm an OU fan so I've watched him for a few years now. He's just gotten better and better each year no matter what injury puts him out for the season. He still comes back the next year and dominates. I'm going to say he's the best in the league without a doubt. Once he's got a few more years and more experience we'll talk about the best of all time...

#10 ·
thats a tall order, Payton is number one. Fuck Emmitt Smith, take that dancing with the stars trophy and shove it up your diamonded ass. He might hold the record for the most rushing yards in nfl, but he's no Top 5 running back.

#13 ·
ad is almost an exact copy of eric dickerson. Same upright running style, likes to lay a hit just as much as juking a guy out of his socks & of course speed.
ad???

Ap

#15 ·
He does run alot like Eric Dickerson too. I dunno, no matter who he reminds you of, everyone that steps on the field or watches him play knows he is a beast. If injuries don't finish his career early, he is definitely getting at least 13-15k yards on the ground for his career.

#22 ·
He's a beast for sure.

#29 ·
Earl was an effin' beast in his prime. Always see the clip in my head of him lowering the boom as an Oiler on that Rams defender then running out his jersey.
It's at 1:30 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxugRBWN8gw

AD is a bad, bad man. No question. Power, speed, agility, he has it all. Just thought I'd throw a link up for some of the younger crowd who might not be familiar with Earl Campbell.

#31 ·
Notice how Campbell made his touchdown, put the ball down, and walked away. What an interesting concept. Also, that hit with him and #32 for the raiders...epic meeting of two heavy hitters. I can't remember the guy from the raiders, but he is in the hall of fame. He was a bad man.

#34 ·
TD was amazing. I believe it was micro-fracture surgery that ended his career (or at least made the return to old form impossible.)

#35 ·
yea, him and Jamal Anderson had that same injury

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.