DFW Mustang Forums banner

Any Palm Pre owners?

1K views 48 replies 16 participants last post by  Quick '91 GT 
#1 ·
I decided to go with the Palm Pre over the iPhone this weekend. Phone is on a week back order (as expected) but I'm stoked. Anyone else own one?

#8 ·
I've got one and love it. Plus they released the Mojo SDK on yesterday so apps should be comming soon.

They say you cant use it as an Ipod anymore but i haven't updated mine so i can confirm that. but know that the SDK is out someone will find a way to make it work again.

I've got a lot of good info off of www.precentral.net about it as well

edit: didn't see you posted their review CJ

#9 ·
I have one(just a toy) and my GF has one. She loves it. I use doubletwist for the music/video sync. The only thing I don't like is not many apps for it. Once they start getting some apps, it will over come the iphone. the multitasking is epic

#16 ·
I listened to the advice from you guys and I bought a pre. I kinda wish I didn't. I have several things I don't like about it.
1 It doesn't ring real loud when you get a text message or any other notification.
2 It doesn't have as many programs for it and prolly wont ever
3 I heard the programs cant use sound for input so that counts out Shazam or whatever its called
4 the battery doesn't last very long at all.

#17 ·
I turned mine back in after two weeks due to the same issues above PLUS:

5) It stayed in Roam while at my house.
6) I have dude hands, so the little keyboard sucked.
7) Not many customization options at all.
8) Sprint sucks. They have some of the worst customer service I have even seen. I have been a customer for 12 years but that ends very soon.

#22 ·
like omg, you have to jailbreak, oh noes!!1! i jailbroke 2 iphones at my gym last night while i was drinking my protein shake (this includes obtaining the proper firmware and jailbreaking software), don’t tell anyone, but you don’t have to be a l33t hax0r :rolleyes:

based on the rate that apple is snatching up market share (and considering that programs work across all generations 99% of the time), which platform would you want to develop for?

2.8% to 13.3% from Q2 2008 to Q2 2009! that kind of momentum is hard to stop, especially considering that it doesn’t tell the full story...
Apple brought its much-anticipated new device — the iPhone 3G S — to market at the end of the second quarter of 2009, but its full potential will only start to show in the sales figures in the second half of 2009.
Not to mention the compatibility of the iPod/iPhone, how many cars do you know of that come pre-wired for a palm-pre, mytouch, or blackberry?

sure, i agree, a non-jailbroken iPhone is not the greatest, but once they are opened up they are the best out there currently. great hardware, great firmware (esp. when jailbroken), great compatibility, tons of accessories, and a HUGE fan base with tons of developers.

#23 ·
like omg, you have to jailbreak, oh noes!!1! i jailbroke 2 iphones at my gym last night while i was drinking my protein shake (this includes obtaining the proper firmware and jailbreaking software), don’t tell anyone, but you don’t have to be a l33t hax0r :rolleyes:

based on the rate that apple is snatching up market share (and considering that programs work across all generations 99% of the time), which platform would you want to develop for?

2.8% to 13.3% from Q2 2008 to Q2 2009! that kind of momentum is hard to stop, especially considering that it doesn’t tell the full story...

Not to mention the compatibility of the iPod/iPhone, how many cars do you know of that come pre-wired for a palm-pre, mytouch, or blackberry?

sure, i agree, a non-jailbroken iPhone is not the greatest, but once they are opened up they are the best out there currently. great hardware, great firmware (esp. when jailbroken), great compatibility, tons of accessories, and a HUGE fan base with tons of developers.
No need for prewiring as they are blue tooth so they are pretty much universal. Ford Sync, heard of it? I can BT my TP and play music right from it but my co worker has to plug in his iphone to play music. Hell, he has to plug it in anyways cause battery life barely lasts a full day for him. Even my boss rags on the iphone and including my execs. They all hate the battery life but need to be in the "cool exec tech clic"

I could give two shits less about the preteens/teenage buying the iphone. Hell, atleast 85% of apple's market are blind sheep. Lets see business world stats. Blackberry vs WM vs Apple and see how many businesses actually use the iphone. BB will prob come out on top on that.

and nice joke about across all generations 99%. I guess you are a Sony Fan Boi too.

Or mommy and daddy bought you a puter for Christmas.

#24 ·
what is the best phone if you want:

to text a lot
google maps(does not have to be turn by turn gps, just regular google maps like on a computer)
some internet use
good camera/camcorder

i am not into adding apps so i could care less about that. i don't need lightning fast internet, i have sprint but i don't think my phone is 3g and the speed it has is fine. just curious...

sorry for hijacking your thread CJ

#25 ·
do you have your upgrade? Once the TP2 comes out, im upgrading to that and I could sell you my old TP.

#36 ·
i saw your edit and i know what you are talking about but that's not what i am saying.

example, my gf and one of her gf's both have tmobile. they txt back and forth a lot. she has shown me txt conversations between them and it's one long txt sent and recieved. however when she sends me a txt with more than 160 it breaks them up into multiples like you said. most of the time they get there(to my phone) in the wrong order. so i have to wait for them to get in and piece them together. very annoying

#48 ·
haha, i guess sprint heard me bitchin'

right now i pay $84 a month for 900 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else. there are 4 lines on one account but we all have our own plans. got a call to where we will share 3000 minutes but still have our own individual plans. just share anytime minutes. good thing is i use the most mintues, average 600-700 mins a month. the other guy on the plan uses 400-500 average and the two other girls use maybe 200-300 a month average each. that knocks off $100

so now my bill will be either $60 or $64 a month...depending on taxes and etc.

so it looks like i'll prolly stay with sprint :eek:

#49 ·
GREAT! Way to stick to your guns about saying "fuck you" to Sprint. You caved very easily when they offered to give you a reach around.

j/k...good for you...now tell a mofo how to get on that train!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.