DFW Mustang Forums banner

Inglorious Basterds

8K views 111 replies 44 participants last post by  That_Is_My_El_Camino 
#1 ·
A teaser trailer is showing on Entertainment Tonight, tonight. Chances are good it'll only be part of it, and some bitch is going to talk over it, but I'm fuckin' psyched for this movie.

The full trailer premieres before Friday the 13th, which opens... Friday, the 13th.

For anybody that doesn't know the premise:

From AICN...
"The whole trailer is built up around a long speech given by Brad Pitt, informing his group what their task is (to kill Nazis in the most brutal ways possible... the goal to make the Nazis fear them as much as the rest of the world fears the Third Reich) and how they will go about that task. There are flashes of action against this speech and it all culminates in a shot of a pissed off Hitler (notice there’s hardly ever a calm Hitler) screaming “Nein! Nein! Nein!” while pounding a table and then Pitt telling his group that every man is expected to deliver no less than 100 Nazi scalps."

#43 ·
I'm not sure if I'm going to see it first showing on Friday or on Wednesday at first showing. I have no chick and no chick wants me, so I'm flying solo. Hopefully, there will be no shithead kids that ruin the movie no matter what showing I go to.

#51 ·
Word.
My favorite part of most QT movies is the cool dialogue exchanges, and I don't think this movie had that with all the French & German subtitles.
The "holy shit, did they just do that?" factor, things they do before it builds into a big, tense, climactic act like you'd expect, before you have a chance to think about what's about to happen, are just as big as the dialogue, imo of course.

#57 ·
I haven't seen it yet, but the fact that it's Tarantino and the soundtrack is filled with Morricone, makes it a 4-star movie already.

#65 ·
i just took a chick on a date last night. it was a spur of the moment type of thing. we got there and i just picked this movie because it started about 10 min after we got there. i had never even heard of it. i must say i was surpised. i thought it was really good and so did she. hell i didnt even know it was a tarantino film till i saw his name in the opening credits.

#69 ·
Hans was a spectacular character. I'm hoping there could be an unrated version with more Nazi killings, but I will still add this one to collection, regardless.

Pitt was hilarious too, in his hillbilly-esque character. I was literally laughing out loud when the need for Italian dialogue came about. Hans played them so masterfully.

Awesome fucking movie. Will spend the money to see it again in theater, albeit the matinee prices.

#71 ·
Times two on pretty much all of that. Great film. Tarantino has really perfected the tense-dialogue monologues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.