DFW Mustang Forums banner

Another great story from Houston (CHL related)

36K views 758 replies 69 participants last post by  Pokulski-Blatz 
#1 ·
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=6941778

Vendor fights back against attackers
Friday, July 31, 2009 | 8:03 AM

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A vendor says three teens approached him and attacked while he was working. That's when he says he pulled out a gun and fired, killing one of the suspects.

The confrontation started about 11pm on MLK near Reed Road. Authorities tell us the vendor was parked at a gas station as he was delivering snack products to the store. Police say he was inside the store and when he walked back out, he was approached by three teenage boys who demanded the snack products.

When the vendor refused, authorities say the teens, all three of them, began to assault the vendor by punching, kicking and hitting him. During the assault, the vendor was able to defend himself.

"The individual is a concealed handgun license carrier, was armed at the time, retrieved a weapon and subsequently shot and killed an individual here on the scene," said Officer Brian Evans with the Houston Police Department.

Authorities say one of the teens, who was 14 or 15 years old, died at the scene. The two other accomplices ran off, but were later caught and arrested.

The case is being referred to the Harris County District Attorney's Office.

See less See more
#3 ·
Fuck with the Debbie Cakes and catch a bullet. Just the way the world should be. Too bad that the other two did not get any lead for their troubles.

Just noticed MLK, nice I can only imagine the ethnicity of said 3 young jouviniles. Obama would say the gentleman Debbie Cake vendor acted "stupidly".

#10 ·
Thats bullshit and you know it. That guys life was never in danger. Three 15 year old boys beating you up is not Immediate danger for your life. Whats this world coming to when a 15 year old boy is sentenced to death for trying to steel food.
Are you a bunch of pussies that got beat up in school?

#11 ·
You are one stupid motherfucker.

#15 ·
I am sorry, if three or even one 15yr old boy did this to your wife would you take the same defense, should not have shot him? If I am getting mugged and or beat on they are taking a bullet or half dozen. If thugs knew that death was the outcome to their douchebaggery we would have a more polite society.

How do you know this guy was not a 125lb skinny dude getting pounded on by three 160+ people?

#21 ·
What would this dude say had they killed the guy? Probrably "should have deffended himself" lol... it's allways easier to critisize after the fact than have a plan of action before hand... Mine is shoot to kill 12 or 90 I dont give a fuck, mess with me die... easy as that

#37 ·
Oh I see 5.0 this is how you think it should have gone!

While the guy is getting the shit beat out of him he should have asked for a break and stated "Stop I have a gun" and the forementioned beating would have ceased at this point and gun fire would not have been needed.

Hey get real and get a life the only warning these assholes should have been given is the click of the gun being cocked, but wait if he was carrying locked and loaded you couldn't have that. That sorry candy vending fucker he was just spoiling for a fight!

Those poor little kids,,,bullshit I think its great he shot that asshole dead! One less future burden on society!

#45 ·
He has shown this level of stupidity, dumbassery, and idiocy in enough threads that it is no joke.

#53 ·
I think what was done was correct, 3 14-15 year old kids jumping one guy trying to make a living. The only thing i don't like about this was he actually killed the kid, i would have gone for wounding shots rather then fatal shots. But when the shit is hitting the fan, you don't think that way. You just try and eliminate the threat, and that is what he did. He was not in the wrong, but if it was me i would have a hard time sleeping knowing i killed a 14 yr old kid, even though he deserved it. But, natural selection is a hell of a theory, and the world will probably be a better place with out the little thug still being around, but if he would have been wounded maybe he would have changed his ways because getting shot was not fun?, probably not because little gangsters would just think it was cool to be shot.. But you never know. I don't like reading about young kids getting shot..even if the deserve it.

#59 ·
Nobody has brought up this question... What if he had beaten the kid to death? I was the victim of an attempted car jacking at a gas station in Houston some years back. I beat the guy into a coma. I was then informed that if he did not make it I would be facing possible charges of Voluntary Man Slaughter because the force was "excessive."

#60 ·
You need to work on your story telling skills. As far as I am concerned "He was fighting like mad until that last punch and then he went limp"

OOPS

Oh yea, I almost forgot 5.0 svo, you are as dumb as a chicken

#61 ·
Heres the deal

FUCK EM ALL!!!! Kill any bastard thats a criminal.Thats what these thugs were CRIMINALS.He done the right thing.The bad is this.He was only able to get off one shot and that was to END the attack which it did.The other two ran off.Had he shot them as they were running away I bet he would have charges against him because thats how fucked up the law is.Oh he could have fought them.He could have been a badass and kicked all three of there asses but then hes at fault GUARANTEE that .His ass would be sittin in jail.For all sorts of charges.They were minors.KILL EM ALL LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!!!!

#65 ·
Too bad he didn't get the other two.

#77 ·
i hope 5.0svo gets beat down to a pulp by some hood ass 14-15 year olds :)

but seriously 5.0svo, i have a question. if those kids were all 16 would that have been okay for the guy to use his gun?

what about 17?

...18?

get the point? if you wanna act like a man then you are gonna get treated like a man. you can say that someone is scarred all you want cause they pull out a gun to stay out of a fight, the person with the gun is the smart one. if some guy runs up on me like he is about to fight me he's getting a pistol in his face, if he stops then i will tell him to back away. if he gets to me before i can say stop then i'm putting that gun to his chest and pulling the trigger. plain and simple. you can try and act like you know the laws but you don't know shit.

#98 ·
I'm thinking what they did is called a "strong arm robbery" whereas no weapon was used, they used physical force and/or the threat of physical force to get the victim to comply.

I've seen it over and over in black neighborhoods where the orientals run conveninece stores. Blacks will overpower the smaller oriental to commit the theft/robbery.

#100 ·
he would talk his way out,maybe preach to the kids while they beat him.. lol then go to their house and make sure they are doing good in school after he got out of the hospital for good measure... hahaha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.