DFW Mustang Forums banner

Post your favorite ab/core exercise

1K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  matts5.0 
#1 ·
Trying to expand my catalog.

My favorite is to get in push up position with my feet a little wider than shoulder width apart and do a push up. When I come up I pull an arm off the ground and flex my abs when I get to the top of the push up and do a two count. Alternate sides and repeat.

I like it because it works the abs diagonally rather than up and down.

#3 ·
yuck yuck yuck! I hate planks!

I like laying on the floor with one leg out and the other at a 90 to the ground. Alternating back and forth extending my legs while raising my shoulder blades off the ground I rotate with a 10 pound weight on the opposite shoulder. Also I take and put the plate above my forehead like I am holding a base ball cap bill and sit up with it while alternating my legs. Don't know what it is called but the instructor at the local gym does it in her 15 minute ab class and it got me hooked....

#11 ·
Ab workouts suck. That being said, I have no favorite, I just want the most affective.

Anyone got any tips on love handles?

#18 ·
I'm about to do the ab ripper x workout. if you go to google videos and search p90x ab ripper. the first two videos are the actual dvd.

#19 ·
jsut for clarification..there isnt a single exercise that will get rid of love handles... You have to just lean up your whole body. There is no spot reduction of fat. Working your abs and obliques to death isnt going to tell your body to use the fat in your love handles for energy.

#23 ·
Fuck it then. I'll just swim the English Channel.

#21 ·
#25 ·
Gay and you rush to send me a PM?

If this is naked pics of your adolescent body I'm going to be really disgusted.

#29 ·
the best core workouts are squat and deadlift

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.