DFW Mustang Forums banner

No 9mm ammo to be found?!

1K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  Vertnut 
#1 ·
Damn it! My daughter's in town and wanted to go the indoor range (Bullseye) in D'ville. I keep three mags loaded (a box), but wanted another 200 rds. or so. Walmart in Midlothian, Waxahachie, Cedar Hill, Desoto...not a single box! Sports Authority? Nope. They told me that they can't even keep the stuff, because it's all gone the day it hits the shelf. Piss on you, President Barry!

#3 ·
Same probs here too, just went to Walmart in Little Elm this morning and they had nothing in regards to 9mm and .40 cal ammo. I jumped one CTD and ordered a bunch to start stocking up.

#4 ·
Walmart by me has about 1000 rounds of .40 but no 9mm. I have been in line at the counter before and people before me completely clear them out of 9mm. Im talking buying 2000 rounds of Blazer Brass..

I was at Walmart yesterday and they had 2 boxes of 9mm...talked to the guy and he said the guy bought 1900 rounds and left the 100 to be polite :rolleyes:

#10 ·
Buying a box at a time is the way todo it. Doesnt seem like much but you can really add the shit up. I did that for a while with my .45 and i finally stopped at a 1000 rounds.

I just added it to the things to get list. I've got a few hundred 9mm left most is hp stuff. Most people that are buying the stuff prob wont even shoot it for years. I know ive still had the same thousand rounds for over a year. If i do go shoot i go replace it next time im in wal-mart.

#16 ·
I try and buy a box or 2 of ammo whenever I'm at Walmart as well. Last time I was there I didn't see any WWB of 9mm but I picked up one of .40S&W and .38 Special. Damn if they are fazing out the ammo at Wally World I'm sorta screwed and will actually have to go out of my way to buy ammo :mad:

Hey Randy, is Bullseye open on Sunday's?

#20 ·
.45acp is touch and go, good luck finding a choice of defense loads:mad:

Finally found a box of 230g Hydra Shok's at academy on Bryant Irvin (one box left) They had winchester and blazer FMJ too... CTD had mag tech, and wolf FMJ in .45 and golden sabres were the only defense rounds.

Glad to finally have some defense loads in the XD, now it can sit happily next to my bed locked and loaded:cool:

#23 ·
Alpine gets my vote!

I like shooting up there. Always plenty of left handed rifle benches.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.