DFW Mustang Forums banner

Are CHL's "legal" on ***** reservations?

619 views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Hass 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows if CHL's are actually honored on tribal lands. I've been known to wander onto some from time to time.

#6 ·
It is interesting that the CHL classes I have had (each a different instructor) have never mentioned reservations. There are at least two reservations in Texas and it is not mentioned in any of the study material or reg books. If fact they really don't talk much about traveling in other states beside what states are reciprocal with Texas. I just got my Utah license last year and the info was sparse for anything on their test. Utah has to be one of the more gun friendly states that I have visited. Navajo and Ute reservation are in the Southern part of Utah (where I like to hang out) and I think there are a few others. Nothing in Utah laws mentions reservations.

I guess it's because the instructors are not required to provide the info and there are only a small percentage of people who would need to know. I find gun laws entertaining in that most are just so stupid that it's like a Mad TV skit. The laws are also very annoying and pontentially life altering. I say vote Libertarian!

Wayne in FW

#16 ·
Depending on the tribe I'd think open carry is the order of the day in most cases. Your license will not be reciprocal though if that's what you are asking. Treat them as a sovereign nation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.