DFW Mustang Forums banner

Signed up for it today

882 views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  Rafa 
#1 ·
January 24th, I take the CHL class.

I'm fairly excited about it, thought I would share with yall.

#11 ·
Yeah, you can use it for breaking into peoples houses, getting ice off your windshield, spreading peanut butter on toast, applying waxes, dividing cocaine, a bookmark, aquarium glass cleaner, straight edge, that perfect caulk bead, guitar pick, and you can make cool motorcycle noises on your bicycle.

#4 ·
Class taken 3/8/08
Fingerprints redone 3/28/08
Packet sent 4/2/08
Packet received 4/4/08
Processing Application 4/17/08
Still Processing Application 6/26/08
Application Completed - license issued or certificate active 7/11/08 8:20 am
Plastic delivered VIA UPS 7/11/08 9:14 AM

there is my timeline

#5 ·
DAMN!

My boss took his classl, and around 5 weeks later had plastic in hand. I hope I get lucky.

If I remember correctly, don't ya get some sort of tracking number, or something similiar, so you can check and see when the certificate becomes active online?

#6 ·
Congrats, Just go to the range a time or two and you will do fine.

#9 ·
I'm not really concerned with the course of fire....I go once a week anyways.:cool:

#14 ·
Red River Firearms, an open-to-the-public range here in Sherman, they also do LEO classes/training.

Pretty nice place.

#16 ·
TTT!!!

Today is the day!

Class starts in about an hour.

Thought i'd keep those of you that give a shit updated.

#19 ·
Red River Firearms in Sherman Texas.

From what I've heard of my instructor, Mr. Blankenship, he's serious and pretty intense. Should be interesting......I've already been briefed on some of the stories he'll tell.

I'll give a write up of it later tonight when I get out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.