DFW Mustang Forums banner

LOL - Plane at UT

1K views 54 replies 22 participants last post by  Big Studly 
#1 ·
There was a prop plane flying around the UT Austin campus today with a Banner saying "Quit Whining Mack - You Know the Rules". I chuckled, also at the fact that someone would blow their money on that.

#28 ·
99BRINGIT said:
There's a SHIT TON of Texas athletes on Oklahomas football team, because theres a SHIT TON more people that live in Texas in general. They cant all go to Texas schools. Look at the rosters of schools all over the midwest, and you'll see the same.

Population in Texas is......................23.5 Million
Population in Oklahoma is................. 3.5 Million

Homer or not, that is probably the stupidest comment Ive ever heard from the "pro-Texas" side.
I'm shocked there's 3.5 million people that want to live in that dump... ;)

#29 ·
bcoop said:
Again, bitter much? What the fuck does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Let me answer for you.... NOTHING.

Randy, I like ya, but you use this argument more than anyone on the board. From an outsider's point of view, it just makes you UT folks appear jealous. I'm just sayin, that's all.

It's funny that my one remark on this subject gets you so riled up.

Sorry for the agitation.

#32 ·
03trubluGT said:
Nope, really don't care except that people think that OU is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I didn't mean Texas as in Texas Longhorns, but the State of Texas.

I would like to know the percentage of students and income that comes from south of the Red River.
What do the players' home states have to do with anything?

#37 ·
03trubluGT said:
Do I really have to explain this???
The State of Texas≠The University of Texas.

#38 ·
Vertnut said:
I'm shocked there's 3.5 million people that want to live in that dump... ;)
pretty comfy here if you ask me.better than living around a bunch of steers and queers.best thing in texas is I-35 north.

#48 ·
the mex said:
im curious myself

I really don't care about college sports, or much sports for that matter. I do like to watch the Stars, but they seem to suck this year. I don't care if OU goes winless or takes the big game (whatever bowl game that might be).

With that being said, its not that I want to see OU do bad, or Texas do well, or vice versa for that matter, its just that it seems that a ton of people think that OU is great, and totally disregard where the majority of the students (and support) come from (Texas).

I'd like to see OU continue to thrive without a single student, or penny coming from the State of Texas. I think Norman would dry up and blow away.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't want to get into a pissing contest, just saying how I see it. You don't have to like it, just like I don't have to like your opinion.

Remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

#51 ·
03trubluGT said:
I really don't care about college sports, or much sports for that matter. I do like to watch the Stars, but they seem to suck this year. I don't care if OU goes winless or takes the big game (whatever bowl game that might be).

With that being said, its not that I want to see OU do bad, or Texas do well, or vice versa for that matter, its just that it seems that a ton of people think that OU is great, and totally disregard where the majority of the students (and support) come from (Texas).

I'd like to see OU continue to thrive without a single student, or penny coming from the State of Texas. I think Norman would dry up and blow away.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't want to get into a pissing contest, just saying how I see it. You don't have to like it, just like I don't have to like your opinion.

Remember, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.
That is a retarded statement, it isn't just Oklahoma. Texas puts great football players all over the nation. Matt Stafford at Georgia comes to mind, Todd Reesing and Chase Daniels too, as well as Drew Brees from years past. Texas and California have probably the most guys in D1 football compared to all the other states...why? Because they are 2 of the 3 largest states, so it only makes sense.

On that note, who is the greatest coach in UT history? From Oklahoma! Texas Tech has a statue of a noted Oklahoman on their campus, as well as a coliseum in Ft. Worth being named after the same guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.