DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wolfe Race Craft Open Employment Positions

2K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  SSsierra90 
#1 ·
We have 2 positions we are looking to fill.

Positions Available - click here

Link above has all the information along with contact info. Everone will be required to come in for an interview and to fill out application to be considered.

Thanks
Dan

#27 ·
97ssconvertible said:
Not difficult to make money in. Its actually a pretty stable career. My dad has been working in machine shops since 78 and i dont think he was ever out of work for more than a week. that career kept me fed for 18 years. while not a rich man he doesnt want for much
I didn't realize they were machinist positions, I assumed they were shop hands... Yeah, machine work is a good place to be

#28 ·
Cooter said:
I didn't realize they were machinist positions, I assumed they were shop hands... Yeah, machine work is a good place to be

i agree with you on the shop hands thing ;) that only helps pay small bills. but its fun and a good job if you are young and dont have a bunch of bills

#29 ·
The starting pay may be a bit low (we are looking for a general shop helper, not a specific skill), But you have to look at it as a starting position to a skill and an opprotunity. We are looking for someone that wants to work and learn the job. Someone that is willing to prove they are worth more and be valuable to us, then the pay raises will come as you become more valuable to us.

I can tell you if you like this type of work and are willing to actually bust ass and pay your dues it can be very rewarding and can pay very well. But your not going to start out at a higher pay when you don't know or have the skills needed yet to do the job.

I can tell you when I started here I made 7.50 an hour and did that for over a year. I worked my ass off and learned what i needed to know. As i learned things and became more valuable then the pay raises came along as well.

If the first thing your going to do is complain about the pay, then your probably not what we are looking for. But if you feel you have the skills to start out at a higher pay then come in and prove it!

Both positions are still open:
CNC Operator / Helper
General Shop Helper

May also have a TIG Welder Position open for the right person.

#30 ·

talisman said:
There are plenty of people in this country living on less than $8 an hour. It might not be a great living, or one that you'd be interested in, but that doesn't mean there aren't millions out there doing it every day. If you want to get rich the automotive industry isn't a great field to try doing it in. David is a cool guy and easy to get along with. This is a great opportunity for someone.
Could you live on leass than $8 an hour?

#32 ·
Dan @ Wolfe Race Craft said:
The starting pay may be a bit low (we are looking for a general shop helper, not a specific skill), But you have to look at it as a starting position to a skill and an opprotunity. We are looking for someone that wants to work and learn the job. Someone that is willing to prove they are worth more and be valuable to us, then the pay raises will come as you become more valuable to us.

I can tell you if you like this type of work and are willing to actually bust ass and pay your dues it can be very rewarding and can pay very well. But your not going to start out at a higher pay when you don't know or have the skills needed yet to do the job.

I can tell you when I started here I made 7.50 an hour and did that for over a year. I worked my ass off and learned what i needed to know. As i learned things and became more valuable then the pay raises came along as well.

If the first thing your going to do is complain about the pay, then your probably not what we are looking for. But if you feel you have the skills to start out at a higher pay then come in and prove it!

Both positions are still open:
CNC Operator / Helper
General Shop Helper

May also have a TIG Welder Position open for the right person.
that's cool... I suppose I've become embittered over the years listening to promises of future pay increase based on performance with little actual increase :eek:

granted, these were larger outfits than Wolfe, and in a smaller company like that, there's a lot less red tape to cut through to make a real raise happen.

And before anyone quips in with the obvious zinger "well, you must not have performed enough to warrant a raise!"... I've been offered raises the past two jobs I've left... I recently put in my notice at my current job, and they offered me $12k to stay. It's a mix of a compliment and an insult when they do that :eek:

#33 ·
line-em-up said:
Could you live on leass than $8 an hour?

Not currently, but I've got a large house, 4 cars, and a wife these days. When I was younger I started at my current job at $7.50 an hour over 10 years ago. I now make... Considerably more than that. If I had to make it on $8 an hour... I would. I'm no stranger to eating tuna and water for dinner so that I could afford a set of gears for a Fox body. Just becaue you don't WANT to, doesn't mean it can't be done.

#34 ·
talisman said:
Not currently, but I've got a large house, 4 cars, and a wife these days. When I was younger I started at my current job at $7.50 an hour over 10 years ago. I now make... Considerably more than that. If I had to make it on $8 an hour... I would. I'm no stranger to eating tuna and water for dinner so that I could afford a set of gears for a Fox body. Just becaue you don't WANT to, doesn't mean it can't be done.
the cost of living is considerably higher than it was 10yrs ago :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.