DFW Mustang Forums banner

Anyone re-wire a Mach460?

581 views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  STROKD 
#1 ·
So, I think I need to bypass the factory amps, but are the amps in the trunk only for the subs, or for the whole system? What is the easiest way to bypass the stock amps, but use the stock wiring and speakers? I don't have my components handy, so I'd like to use the stock gear for now with a sub, sub amp, and my Alpine. If I pull the back deck amps out of the trunk, will the front speakers sill function normally? The radio is already in the car and it sounds prtty decent. I just wanted to be able to turn it up louder. I'd also like to know if there is a way to put some sort of highpass filter on the speakers to keep them from popping when i turn it up.

Whats the easiest way to do this without replacing everything?

#2 ·
mine has all the factory amps plus the one i added for the sub. i dont think i understand why you are wanting to remove the amps.

to answer your question i think without them you will get no sound without rewiring the whole thing

#3 ·
whitetrash said:
mine has all the factory amps plus the one i added for the sub. i dont think i understand why you are wanting to remove the amps.

to answer your question i think without them you will get no sound without rewiring the whole thing
weight and space mainly... a 12W7 will just BARELY fit in the back under the lip if I pull that huge ass rack thing out...

What entails re-wiring the front and rear speakers? would I just run seperate wires to the speakers from the deck, or from the amps input back to the speakers? I know I could figure it out, just trying to skip the trouble shoot steps. :eek:

#5 ·
EW said:
Each amp runs 2 5x7's. We run high pass into the mach system and use the deck sub out to drive the sub amp.
Can you elaborate? I was going to run deck power, but the god damn KTP is on perma back order, so I am just going to run a 2x75 old ass PG amp to the highs... How do I run signal to it? Can I just un hook at the amp and run a wire back to my PG? Would that work technically? I'd rather not spend days probing signal wires to get it to function. :eek: Not assuming too much, the left amp runs the left two 5x7s, and the right amp the right side of the car? If so, that will be cake to hook up... What sounds best to HP cross the front speakers? 80 Hz? I'll be crossing the 12W7 at about 70-75, so I want a little bit of a blend w/o a spike where they roll off... Usually 15-20 Hz works best on a 18dB crossover, but I'll be using a PXA. what does Alpine cross roll off at? -12? I guess I need to read the damn book, all this shit is brand new still, never been hooked up yet, so I have no god damn clue what I'm doing. :eek:

#6 ·
ok nevermind, friend locally has done this and he said it sounded like ass cause the stockers cant take a lot of power. :rolleyes:

Im just going to leave all the stock wiring and run my own around it, front and rear components, one 2 channel amp wired in parallel to F/R and a sub. Should sound a lot better and LOUDER than stock speakers would re-wired anyway. Stupid Ford, wish they made Cobras with basic systems. :rolleyes:

If anyone needs info, he sent me this

http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/Mach.html#Mach 1000 Overview

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.