DFW Mustang Forums banner

Week 11

988 views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Big A 
#1 ·
Progress report:

Who is still in this thing?
It's time to start cutting back on them carbs. :D

#4 ·
Still no more weight lose. Finished my 2nd tri today, and cut my time by 28 min, on a course that was considerably more hilly than the first one. Really gonna have to start working on my transition from the bike to running. It takes me about 2 miles into the run before I start to feel normal running again.

#5 ·
i started off good and well i slacked off midway. now with working two jobs theres no time for working out. i havent stopped eating healthy though. im glad at the weight did i did loose though. good luck to all the others.

#6 ·
I'm closing in on 20lbs lost. Its not as much as I would have liked to have lost but the scale is moving in the right direction. If I can make it to 220lbs from starting at 250lbs I'll be pleased. Especially if I can tell a difference in my before and after pics.

#7 ·
So what the deal? Are we meeting to weigh in and seen results? Or is this judge thing pretty much gone?

Even though im not competeing im down to 125 and exactly where i want to be. Still working on the abs but i can tell my progress. Its amazing how your body can look when you cut the bews out! :)

#10 ·
No change here. Stable at 25lbs lost. Personal/Work issues continuing to kick me in the crotch, and my workout buddy and I got taken down on our during-work workouts, so that's fucked up my workout schedule like a mofo. Still feelin' good about the progress I've made so far, still chuggin' water and eating as well as I can. I'll get there some day, and I never expected to turn into Mr. Olympia in 3 months so, it's all good.

#11 ·
25 lbs lost in 3 months sounds pretty good to me. I'm shooting for 30lbs at the end of this thing but I'll likely get to 25lbs as well. Getting older sucks, weight just doesn't go away as fast. And seeing the damn marks from the tiger claw attacks don't help either.

#12 ·
avinson said:
So what the deal? Are we meeting to weigh in and seen results? Or is this judge thing pretty much gone?

Even though im not competeing im down to 125 and exactly where i want to be. Still working on the abs but i can tell my progress. Its amazing how your body can look when you cut the bews out! :)

the rules have not changed. Final pics will be sent in with proof of date and you will judge from both sets of pics. Looks like you may have about 5 or so finish to judge from. :p

#14 ·
These last few weeks of tests, projects, and finals have killed my workouts...It's a struggle to lift 2 days a week, and even then the workouts suck when only sleeping about 5 nights a week...but no excuses...haha.

On the other hand I have found a new strategy that will assure my victory over you scrubs!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDCxH88-9X8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDCxH88-9X8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#15 ·
Been following the progress and even though not participating I've been in my own contest since my 20 year high school reunion is coming up in October.
I haven't lost shit for weight. I think right around 13lbs. Since I started over 2 months ago however I'm lifting more than I was 20 years ago and now I'm sporting a sag on a pair of shorts that used to be the tightest pair. Even though I'm not seeing any weight loss which is disappointing in a way I'm going to stay the course since I am seeing strength results.

#16 ·
SS Junk said:
Been following the progress and even though not participating I've been in my own contest since my 20 year high school reunion is coming up in October.
I haven't lost shit for weight. I think right around 13lbs. Since I started over 2 months ago however I'm lifting more than I was 20 years ago and now I'm sporting a sag on a pair of shorts that used to be the tightest pair. Even though I'm not seeing any weight loss which is disappointing in a way I'm going to stay the course since I am seeing strength results.

You're losing fat and gaining muscle, therefore your weight is staying the same while you're leaning up. That's awsome really. Good work bro...

Greg

#20 ·
GRAYHORSE said:
You're losing fat and gaining muscle, therefore your weight is staying the same while you're leaning up. That's awsome really. Good work bro...

Greg
Much appreciated. What's frustrating is fat loss results are much quicker than it is to obtain then muscle. Over the years when I would train regularly before I would do stupid shit like lift and then not eat. Sure I'd lose the fat quick, but I would not gain one bit of strength. I never wanted to change this for fear of eating too much for what I was exerting. Now that I'm old and married I figured I'd go a different route and it seems to be working... just sloooowwwly. :)

#22 ·
ruffdaddy said:
These last few weeks of tests, projects, and finals have killed my workouts...It's a struggle to lift 2 days a week, and even then the workouts suck when only sleeping about 5 nights a week...but no excuses...haha.

On the other hand I have found a new strategy that will assure my victory over you scrubs!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDCxH88-9X8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kDCxH88-9X8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
I gotta give them credit...they make the most of what they have.

#23 ·
Doug Hatton said:
My weight is up by 17lbs, BF% is down 4%... feelin' about as ripped as I ever have in my life.... I'm taking this competition DOWN!
Doug's taking a gram a week!

#24 ·
DON SVO said:
Doug's taking a gram a week!
No shit, right? lol

Well, I'm not quite down to my overall goal, and I haven't stepped on a scale since I broke 200lbs, but the mirror tells me that I'm down another pound or two. My strength is finally being affected at this point, and I'm kinda lookin' forward to hittin' Galveston next week, and forgetting that gyms and chicken breasts even exist.

The upside is that my cardio is consistent, and my stamina is getting longer, so after my respite I'll be primed to kick it into over-drive, and drop well into single digit bodyfat. Keep in mind that though the contest is coming to a close, that doesn't mean that you're "done". Getting/staying in shape is a life long commitment.:)

#25 ·
The Raven said:
No shit, right? lol

Well, I'm not quite down to my overall goal, and I haven't stepped on a scale since I broke 200lbs, but the mirror tells me that I'm down another pound or two. My strength is finally being affected at this point, and I'm kinda lookin' forward to hittin' Galveston next week, and forgetting that gyms and chicken breasts even exist.

The upside is that my cardio is consistent, and my stamina is getting longer, so after my respite I'll be primed to kick it into over-drive, and drop well into single digit bodyfat. Keep in mind that though the contest is coming to a close, that doesn't mean that you're "done". Getting/staying in shape is a life long commitment.:)

I hear that. My contest was over on the 29th. Im eating my ass off right now trying to gain all my weight back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.