DFW Mustang Forums banner

Oh Noes! A Black rifle!

497 views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  PooterWS6 
#1 ·
Well, black and green:D
Just waiting on my carry handle to go shooting, ill be changing out the stock too, I didnt realize the LE shorty stocks were so short:p

See less See more
#5 ·
1BAD06 said:
Yeah, I really need to get an AK before the ban as well. I was thinking the same thing. I just need to find a dealer, or wait until the gun show here in May.
Good call!
Im not sure about the gunshows down there, but usually they are worth checking out.
J&G sales had some badass deals on RPKs, my buddy got one for $400 to his FFL, came with bipod/carry handle, and its really in awesome shape.
They sold out before I could snatch one up...:eek:
Im looking for either an AK-74 or RPK next :)

#6 ·
Very nice Wade. I see you picked up some P-Mags as well ;) You going with an optic or you going to add a rear sight on there?

#8 ·
evil jose said:
Very nice Wade. I see you picked up some P-Mags as well ;) You going with an optic or you going to add a rear sight on there?
Thanks!

I just picked up one Pmag, just for photo ops:p

I need to pick up some 30rnd steelies(44mag has a good price on 30rnders with magpull followers, $11)

Im going with a carry handle(iron sight) for now, maybe if I win the lottery Ill drop some coin on a Eotech or some shit(very unlikely)
Im still wanting to build a nice scoped rifle for long range fun:D(But I think bolt actions will be last on any paranoid ban list, so not a high priority at the moment)

I just ordered some Serb .223 and some cheapo Wolf, and it put a little dent in the wallet...:(

#11 ·
propellerhead said:
Where'd you get it from?

I heard there are many many Eotech-like optics for much less. If you're not going into a combat zone then there's no reason to pay the high price.
The lower I got at the past gun show($120, Armalite/Eagle) and the rest I got from MAPartsinc.com($530 to my door, with the $15 PMAG)
16" midlength, 1:9/chrome moly, flat top(obviously:p), I swapped the plastic CAR stock for the LE shorty(thinking it would be a little longer than it actually was) Its a full parts kit with everything except the lower.

Hell, I was just impressed the shipping time, ordered on a Tues, and UPS tried to drop it off on Thurs...(from Illinois)

For the optics, ill stick to iron sights for now :eek:
Ive seen some of the cheaper stuff, but I havent heard much feedback, if they actually work well enough to make it worth while...

03trubluGT said:
I would go with some kind of optic of your choice, but use this as a back up:

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=171

I have one that came on a Stag Arms upper and I really like it.
Not bad, but I only see one adjustment?(elevation, no windage?)
Really I should have just gone with an A2 upper:eek:

#15 ·
PooterWS6 said:
The lower I got at the past gun show($120, Armalite/Eagle) and the rest I got from MAPartsinc.com($530 to my door, with the $15 PMAG)
16" midlength, 1:9/chrome moly, flat top(obviously:p), I swapped the plastic CAR stock for the LE shorty(thinking it would be a little longer than it actually was) Its a full parts kit with everything except the lower.

Hell, I was just impressed the shipping time, ordered on a Tues, and UPS tried to drop it off on Thurs...(from Illinois)
I'm planning to do the same thing. Gonna hit the gun show this weekend and get a nice lower. Then I'll just mail order the rest.

I like the classic A2 look too. That's what we had when I was in the USAF. I'm slowly warming up to the carbine style though.

#16 ·
Fox466 said:
I like the black and green as well. Nice looking rifle!
Thanks! :cool:

propellerhead said:
I'm planning to do the same thing. Gonna hit the gun show this weekend and get a nice lower. Then I'll just mail order the rest.

I like the classic A2 look too. That's what we had when I was in the USAF. I'm slowly warming up to the carbine style though.
Cool, I got my lower from Lone Star(if hes out there, he should be at the next Dallas show I believe)
Yeah, really I should have just bought an A2 upper kit(but the price difference was $475 vs $550- A2) :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.