DFW Mustang Forums banner

Call of Duty 4; Worth buying?

2K views 142 replies 37 participants last post by  98fakesnake 
#1 ·
Been looking at Call of Duty 4; Modern Warfare and it looks badass... Just wanting some feedback from the community or maybe some tips to other badass FPS games... Thanks.

Taylor

#3 ·
Buy it on any platform you fell like it, it's plays great on consoles, and your computer, well, i don't know it's specs, but if it'll make the game run like shit, then there isn't a reason to buy it for the computer.
Single player will keep you entertained, and the multiplayer will get you addicted.

#18 ·
well i played through the demo for pc and had to set most of the graphics settings to low or off for maximum playability. It was a lot of fun and liked the dynamic objectives/fast pace. Although the main draw for me was the cutting edge graphics... with the settings how I had them they were only slightly better than what I've seen on my PS2... :( I guess in the end i need to just save up for a ps3 or 360.

#19 ·
dudeitstaylor said:
well i played through the demo for pc and had to set most of the graphics settings to low or off for maximum playability. It was a lot of fun and liked the dynamic objectives/fast pace. Although the main draw for me was the cutting edge graphics... with the settings how I had them they were only slightly better than what I've seen on my PS2... :( I guess in the end i need to just save up for a ps3 or 360.

Thats why I only play on consoles....no worries if it will run on the computer or not

#21 ·
dudeitstaylor said:
If you're buying it for games: 360
If you're buying it for media(bluray): ps3

If yo'ure really into FPS games, then the 360 is going to be the way to go. Not only are the games better (so far), but for a fps, the controller layout is much more accomodating.

#22 ·
staticX said:
Thats why I only play on consoles....no worries if it will run on the computer or not
I haven't played consoles in over 3 years since world of warcraft release... Since i quit the game i've been looking for something to somewhat fill the void that was left in my gaming experience on the PC but without buying an entirely new system and dropping a couple g's i cant do it... Looks like a ps3 is in my future :eek:

#23 ·
Godmagnus said:
If you're buying it for games: 360
If you're buying it for media(bluray): ps3

If yo'ure really into FPS games, then the 360 is going to be the way to go. Not only are the games better (so far), but for a fps, the controller layout is much more accomodating.
I do enjoy the controller layout of the xbox, but from what I've seen the PS3 has superior graphics and seems like it will have better longevity in the market. Also from what I've heard from friends if you have an internet connection you can play the PS3 online for no additional charge, whereas the xbox requires you to pay a monthly fee to play online.. Granted, they both have their upsides and downsides, right now the PS3 seems the right choice for me.

#25 ·
dudeitstaylor said:
I do enjoy the controller layout of the xbox, but from what I've seen the PS3 has superior graphics and seems like it will have better longevity in the market. Also from what I've heard from friends if you have an internet connection you can play the PS3 online for no additional charge, whereas the xbox requires you to pay a monthly fee to play online.. Granted, they both have their upsides and downsides, right now the PS3 seems the right choice for me.
If $50 a year is going to break you, then blu-ray prices and game prices are going to hurt you a lot more.
As much as i've been a sony fan in the past, i have a little more faith in an online service that has revenue to perform upgrades and service repairs in a timely fashion.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

Please do research on graphics.

I plan to add a ps3 to my collection, but it won't be for the games. game playing was more important to me, and thats why i bought the 360.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.