DFWstangs Forums - View Single Post - Came From El Paso
View Single Post
post #50 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 PM
Jim H

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckacosta
Wow! I know none of those bars except maybe Aceitunas and the Stampede. You see I am 28 but I left El Paso when I was 20. So no bars for me....at least not in El Paso! Now Juarez.....that's a different story.
A lot of those bars closed in the early to late 80's. ELP was a great rock and roll town back then.

Juarez...hmmm let's see...
Freds
Spanish Town Inn
The infamous White Lakes
Ant there was a new modern club that I went to a couple of times before I moved in 1990 but don't remember the name. Great pick up joint. Kind of had a Miami Vice feel to it.

In the 80's I had a friend from Mexico who had diplomatic plates and a courtesy card and man you could get away with just about anything you wanted to with no bribes to anyone and no fear of getting arrested.

I still have quite a few friends who live and have business establishments there. I'm going to have to make a trip out there some day but I know it won't be the same.

When I left in 1990 Lee Trevino Street was the last exit before Zaragosa Road and I did pass through there about 3 years ago and the east side had exploded.

Wonder what the hot rod scene is like?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome