DFW Mustang Forums banner

How much do you pay for your gym membership?

983 views 50 replies 36 participants last post by  Katrina 
#1 ·
Thinking of joining a gym... I figure if Im paying for it, I will get off my ass and go. Just wondering what you are paying. Im thinking of joining LA Fitness because theres one kinda close to my house and one by the school I go to.

#28 ·
about 14 dollars a month here too.. I paid $5XX up front at Ballys with a "hookup" they offered me. I've been with them since '88 but this is a decent price. I have the premier plus membership which means i can go to any Ballys in the country and use all equipment,pools,raquetball,weights and spinning/steps etc classes

#31 ·
lethal injection said:
anyone have a hookup at a 24 or LA in Arlington?

Right now i am on a 7 day trial with 24 and the best deal they've thrown my way is 36/mo with 1XX start up :rolleyes: .
I"m going to LA next to see what its like and see what the prices will be.

Let me know what LA offers. I can probably knock down the start up fee.

#34 ·
$650 for 3 years at 24, came with 5 personal trainer sessions and some protein cookies, shakes, bars. Haven't use the personal trainer deal yet though since they won't ever call me back.

#35 ·
lethal injection said:
anyone have a hookup at a 24 or LA in Arlington?

Right now i am on a 7 day trial with 24 and the best deal they've thrown my way is 36/mo with 1XX start up :rolleyes: .
I"m going to LA next to see what its like and see what the prices will be.
Let 24hr know you're gonna go look at LA. Me and a friend did that, and she had all start up fees waived and only pays 25/month.

#39 ·
ruffdaddy said:
Let 24hr know you're gonna go look at LA. Me and a friend did that, and she had all start up fees waived and only pays 25/month.
Talked to a guy at a local owned gym today and he said its pretty common for them to do that. He said they can work all sorts of deals when you tell them you are thinking of the competition.

We (girlfriend and I) decided we are going to the small gym by the house. They dont get busy, there is a trainer there at all times and helps people out. You get free 1 on 1 training a few times then hes always there for guidance. $20/month with a 2 year contract. Its 1/2 a mile from the house... my biggest sell is they dont get very busy...The trainers said its usually 10 people or less at a time working out.

#40 ·
78.00 a month for the Wife and I total; too much for what equipment the gym has but it is only 2 blocks from my house :D

#41 ·
8mpg said:
Talked to a guy at a local owned gym today and he said its pretty common for them to do that. He said they can work all sorts of deals when you tell them you are thinking of the competition.

We (girlfriend and I) decided we are going to the small gym by the house. They dont get busy, there is a trainer there at all times and helps people out. You get free 1 on 1 training a few times then hes always there for guidance. $20/month with a 2 year contract. Its 1/2 a mile from the house... my biggest sell is they dont get very busy...The trainers said its usually 10 people or less at a time working out.
I would actually prefer a local gym, but going to school in arlington and working in plano...it's too hard to stick to just one gym. I actively use 4 seperate gyms depending on which workout I'm doing, and if it's after work, school, or on an off day.

#42 ·
Bobby C 01TA said:
about 14 dollars a month here too.. I paid $5XX up front at Ballys with a "hookup" they offered me. I've been with them since '88 but this is a decent price. I have the premier plus membership which means i can go to any Ballys in the country and use all equipment,pools,raquetball,weights and spinning/steps etc classes
i got that same hook up

#45 ·
if your anywhere near h.e.b. you can get one at strouds fitness it think it was like 360 for a year and a half.. its a pretty hardcore gym though, most the people that go there are competitors, the theme of the gym is powerlifting and bodybuilding it seems.

#49 ·
TxFordGirl said:
Where do you go? I pay $55.00 a hour for a personal trainer.
Ultimate Physique. He is a good friend. He charges $30 per workout and his gym is only for personal training so you don't have to worry about off the street people. He is really good with women and has trained several for NPC and all natural shows.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.