DFW Mustang Forums banner

Better eating starts where??

1K views 50 replies 23 participants last post by  Venom 
#1 ·
Looking to drop a few, hrmm, 40lbs by May. :eek:

Got the whole cardio/ workout thing going. What food can i eat That wont take me all freakin day to prepare.

Usually when i Diet, salads, & chicken breast tends to get boring.

Just looking for diff thing that i could maybe buy at the store and throw in the oven.

Help a fatty out here. Tahnks.

#27 ·
Usually at night is when i get the "hunger" attack. I have cut out any fast food, cokes, candy etc.

My work out time is around 6pm everyday.

I eat a salad w/ chicken when i get off work around 5pm.

then I Come home and have some fruit or a smoothie. (after workout)

Breakfast is usually cereal or oatmeal. Lunch is turkey on wheat with mustard, no cheese.

Eating like this get me to my goals.

Seeing how i ate at all the junk food joints before, this should help alot. :confused:

My friend im working out with ( ex bodybuilder) tells me to take in alot of protein?

He has trouble gaining weight.

I DONT want to get bigger, just tone up what i got.

#28 ·
halo/horns said:
I'm not a fan myself. Yack.

But, I'm also pretty dedicated to getting the baby weight off too. I guess I'll buy some to try and force down as another snack option.

Try non-fat plan yogurt. If you cant stand it plan cut it with a little vanilla, just dont go crazy.

Oh and snack on vegetables too. Just dont let them swim in ranch. :)

one last thing
Nuts... Eat them. :D

#29 ·
meats - chicken, fish, lean red (try to avoid it), turkey is awesome

veggies - anything green, try to prep without salt and don't use butter.

as for the 'carb' type foods, avoid white bread, white rice, etc... low-sugar wheat bread, whole grain pastas, brown rice, oatmeal, etc are complex carbohydrates.

to be perfectly honest, you need to find out what you are taking in daily. what do you weigh? a cross-country runner can consume 7,000 calories a day when they are training out the ass. weight + exercise = needed caloric intake.

#30 ·
I am 5'6 and weigh 224. But its not all fat. I have a medium/ large build+ my gut. lol. :p

I "think" i need to be around 165 to 180. :confused:

I looked at some chart a few months back that said i should be 155 at my height. HA.HA.HA.

Aint gonna happen.

Im doing cardio about 6 days a week 30-45 min at day. keeping heart rate above 160.

Learning as i go. ;)

#31 ·
On days with solid cardio, 2,500-2,800 will do the trick. Any off day needs to be around 2,000. Eat 5-6 times per day, and keep water intake over a gallon, preferably closer to 1.5-2 gal.

<------ 5'6 and 155.

#35 ·
SEB said:
Good luck with it rhonda. I just eat it to keep from being catabolic at night. It digests really slow so my body can feed of that instead of itself.
How the HELL do you eat that stuff? I bought some last night and choked down a small bowl but damn it was awful! Kc said I should mix it with peaches but seems like that would cancel out the 'good' part of it. *shudders*

#36 ·
very important to eat something within 1hr of waking up. 1egg slice of whole wheat toast. or I just grab a glucerna because it has the slow digest carbs and about half of the other shakes. skipping breakfast usually forces the body into fat storage mode thus causing the beer belly. (in most cases) i'm trying to break this habit now.
also for lunch i usually grab a healthy choice meal or south beach mostly because of the protein and cheaper than whataburger or mcdonalds for lunch. main thing that helped me lose 25lbs was cutting all sodas including diet. and not eating fast food. I only allow myself once a week if i have stuck to eating good so i dont go on a binge.
also exercise is very important. if you really think about it, it's all common sense.

#37 ·
so can anyone give him (onjacks) and me some good examples cause i need to change my diet, and i dont want to do it wrong :) i tried looking it up, but all i get are types of diets.. already got the "calorie intake < calories burned" down. just need to know how to control the calorie intake.

#38 ·
lose the word "diet" and make lifestyle changes. you can lose weight on a diet but when you get off the diet the weight will come back. just make changes such as grilled chicken or wrap instead of a big mac, stairs instead of elevator or eat supper earlier (not after 6 or 7pm) . it takes 21days to create a habit so it will get easier. like i used to crave sodas now I cant stand them. just use common sense, people make it seem difficult so you think you have to buy a product from them in order to accomplish something.

#39 ·
jfrog said:
lose the word "diet" and make lifestyle changes. you can lose weight on a diet but when you get off the diet the weight will come back. just make changes such as grilled chicken or wrap instead of a big mac, stairs instead of elevator or eat supper earlier (not after 6 or 7pm) . it takes 21days to create a habit so it will get easier. like i used to crave sodas now I cant stand them. just use common sense, people make it seem difficult so you think you have to buy a product from them in order to accomplish something.
Good post! :cool:

One more thing that helps. You dont always have to have the front parking spot people. Park in the back and have a nice walk in.

#40 ·
There is a lot of good info in here, but IMO, better eating starts with portion control. Trying to change everything at once might not lead to failure, but it'll make succeeding MUCH harder. Manage your portions, meaning, more frequent, but smaller meals, first, and slowly start making more changes as you get comfortable. You didn't get heavy overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight, either.

#41 ·
DON SVO said:
On days with solid cardio, 2,500-2,800 will do the trick. Any off day needs to be around 2,000. Eat 5-6 times per day, and keep water intake over a gallon, preferably closer to 1.5-2 gal.

<------ 5'6 and 155.
Same height but I will never be 155lbs. When i got to 170lbs I thought I was in the best shape I had ever been in. I've weighed 135-155lbs before and there a strong wind would knock me down.

#42 ·
I think one of the biggest things is to eat more often, smaller portions. I've noticed that I eat a heck of a lot less calories if I snack 2-3 times per day. Snacks for me are ONLY fruits and/or veggies. Most of the time I take a banana and apple to work. Yogurt and granola in the morning, fruit around 10, lunch (usually veggies and some chicken), snack around 3, dinner around 7, usually some grapes around 9. You'll notice you eat a lot less at dinner if you follow this.

#43 ·
Hard boiled eggs are a good snack or turkey rolled up in a swiss ch. slice is pretty good too.

#47 ·
Well. Ive been eating better than I have in my entire life. I feel great, and it's only been almost 2 weeks. Lol.

Usually "good" cereal in the mornings. Subway for lunch. Salad w/ chicken or a good sandwich before workout.

Small amounts of fruit in the later hours.

Burning about 500 cal a day. 6 days a week. Am i on the right track??

Im gonna weigh myself every month to see my results.

Hope this shit works. :)

#48 ·
onjacks said:
Well. Ive been eating better than I have in my entire life. I feel great, and it's only been almost 2 weeks. Lol.

Usually "good" cereal in the mornings. Subway for lunch. Salad w/ chicken or a good sandwich before workout.

Small amounts of fruit in the later hours.

Burning about 500 cal a day. 6 days a week. Am i on the right track??

Im gonna weigh myself every month to see my results.

Hope this shit works. :)

Recommend you also take measurements, (neck, chest, abdomen, waist, and thighs) at first you may gain muscle and actually gain a few pounds, this will reassure you that you are progressing and not get discouraged.

#50 ·
oatmeal,blueberries
fresh veggies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.