DFW Mustang Forums banner

and my wife always asks me why....

969 views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  turbosvo 
#1 ·
do i take my gun everywhere we go...like today when we went to lunch she asked "why do you take that everywhere, we are just going to eat and then back home...."

well on the way home we(me, wife and child) are about 2 miles from our house traveling down a 2 lane road that is 45 MPH, its on the outskirts of town but still inside city limit and somewhat residential so it has the 45mph limit. well i am heading down this road doing about 47mph and this guy in an expedition gets right on my butt and then passes me in a no passing zone. no big deal but i honk at him to let him know he's an idiot(we were going up a hill at this point and couldnt see the other side of the hill). well when he gets in front of me he slams on his brakes and begins flipping me off, which i gladly returned one back to him. he keeps this up for about a half mile and then slams his brakes on and pulls halfway off the road in the grass and motions for me to pull over. i slow down give him the finger again and proceed to pass him..he doesnt like this and decides to get back in behind me again about 2 feet off my back bumper. my wife and child are freaking out and she dials 911 to get an officer on the way. we are nearing the entrance to my neighborhood so i keep going to not let this guy know where we live. i know about another mile up the road is a major intersection that i will have to stop on and potentially wait for traffic, so i slowly opened my center console and slid my pistol out and put between my legs, there was no way he could have seen me take it out. luckily when we got the the intersection i didnt have to wait on anyone and was able to turn before he could get out of the car(if he intended to do so)...as i turned he honked and was cursing and flipping me off, but luckily he made a wise choice and proceeded to go the opposite direction. he was very close to seeing the barrell of a XD pointed between his eyes if he would have continued to act in the manner he did with my family in the car.

after we knew he was gone, and i was somewhat calmed down i turned to my wife and said "we were only going to lunch and back home....and look what almost happened"....i bet she doesnt ask about me taking my gun next time :D

See less See more
#5 ·
You damn instigator. Doing 2 over the fucking speed limit. Id rode your ass too!!! :D

Glad it didn't end up in a knock out shoot out brawl. I bet she'll never ask it again. This is the reason I'm interested in getting my CHL.

#6 ·
my dixie wrecked said:
You damn instigator. Doing 2 over the fucking speed limit. Id rode your ass too!!! :D

Glad it didn't end up in a knock out shoot out brawl. I bet she'll never ask it again. This is the reason I'm interested in getting my CHL.

there's no need in hauling ass on that road, and there are sherriffs always doing radar on that road as well...unfortunately they werent this afternoon :(

i think now its time to talk her into getting a CHL, because she was scared shitless and if she was by herself could have really been in danger w/out one.

#7 ·
runin90lx said:
there's no need in hauling ass on that road, and there are sherriffs always doing radar on that road as well...unfortunately they werent this afternoon :(

i think now its time to talk her into getting a CHL, because she was scared shitless and if she was by herself could have really been in danger w/out one.
Thats the way it always goes. When you need em they're never there. But hats off to ya for defending your family. :D

#8 ·
I had a similar incident only with a female.

I was headed home from work, traffic was moving at the speed limit during rush hour. A lady pulls over in the shoulder of I20 and is yelling something at me through her window. There is not enough room for her to slip in in front to me, and she pulls back in behind my truck. I shrug it off, as I am on the phone with my sister the whole time. I pulled exit, and the lady is on my ass, literally under my bumper. She follows me as I turn. I let my sister know what was going on , and pulled into a busy parking lot. SHe does too. I roll down my window and ask why she is following me, she yells at me that I was driving too low in the fast lane, and that my truck smokes, and she is on the phone with the cops.

I told my sister to haven on, call 911 and they dont know anything about it. I tell the lady that I am in fact on the phone with 911, and she is not, I am leaving, she need not follow. 911 asks if I need an officer, and since the lady was not following anymore, I said no.

I dont really know what the lady thought she was going to accomplish, and my sister was shocked that a woman would pull some BS like that on a male in a lifted truck, not knowing if that male had a gun with them or not.

Just so happens, I was bringing my .40 home from the office, one of my coworkers had borrowed it for the weekend.

#9 ·
Baron said:
I had a similar incident only with a female.

I was headed home from work, traffic was moving at the speed limit during rush hour. A lady pulls over in the shoulder of I20 and is yelling something at me through her window. There is not enough room for her to slip in in front to me, and she pulls back in behind my truck. I shrug it off, as I am on the phone with my sister the whole time. I pulled exit, and the lady is on my ass, literally under my bumper. She follows me as I turn. I let my sister know what was going on , and pulled into a busy parking lot. SHe does too. I roll down my window and ask why she is following me, she yells at me that I was driving too low in the fast lane, and that my truck smokes, and she is on the phone with the cops.

I told my sister to haven on, call 911 and they dont know anything about it. I tell the lady that I am in fact on the phone with 911, and she is not, I am leaving, she need not follow. 911 asks if I need an officer, and since the lady was not following anymore, I said no.

I dont really know what the lady thought she was going to accomplish, and my sister was shocked that a woman would pull some BS like that on a male in a lifted truck, not knowing if that male had a gun with them or not.

Just so happens, I was bringing my .40 home from the office, one of my coworkers had borrowed it for the weekend.

male or female makes no difference in the idiots we call society today.

#16 ·
The Luby's in Killen, TX
The Wedgewood Baptist Church in FT Worth
Viginia Tech
The recent mall shootings in Omaha, NB

Shall I continue?

My wife hasn't questioned my continuous carry since 1992 when a couple that I knew got car jacked outside a movie theater on Hulen....

#17 ·
deso said:
I don't understand why we still have horns everyone takes them as a reason to fight someone.
a horn is to be used to prevent an accident, not to bitch someone out for making an illegal maneuver.

not saying I don't use it for that reason, just saying that if you use it to bitch someone out, you might have a fight on your hands.

#20 ·
DOHCTR said:
You kept a cool head and handled the situation just fine.

Well done sir.
Keeping a cool head is not returning the bird. Had the OP not honked or returned the bird, the offender may have kept going on his merry way.

IF the OP had shot this person, it would not be a clean shoot IHMO, as the OP failed to keep the situation from escalating.

#21 ·
HOOCBB said:
Keeping a cool head is not returning the bird. Had the OP not honked or returned the bird, the offender may have kept going on his merry way.

IF the OP had shot this person, it would not be a clean shoot IHMO, as the OP failed to keep the situation from escalating.
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!

<---------Shoots the bird.

#23 ·
a few months back while towing my 24' trailer/race rig to houston for a race, I was headed down 59 out to MSRH and just minding my own business in the left lane doing 75mph (over the posted speed limit) and as I approach a slower car in the right lane, this fuck in a 2000 or so M5 comes shooting through between us nearly taking out both cars and nearly loosing it in front of me as his lane change got him into a small tank slapper. I slammed on the brakes which really doesn't do much at those speeds with 17k pounds rolling along and damn near hit him...I am talking INCHES from turning him into a really expensive German road stain...

So he starts brake checking me and pulling along side of the truck with his window down, acting like he is going to side swipe me and cursing and generally wigging the fuck out. At this point, all I can do is keep both hands on the wheel and do my best to not become a victim of a stupid accident. I slow down to like 45mph and pull into the right lane and 1/2 on the shoulder hoping he will just go on down the road and get the fuck away from me. At that point he starts to position the car along my driver's door appearing to try and force me over to either run me off the road or have a fight. I casually reached into the console, pulled the Sig out and pointed at him through his passenger window. His eyes were about 6" in diameter and he tore ass out of there doing well over 130mph. All of this about 6 miles from the race track. :rolleyes:

So I put everything away, and get back up to speed and on my way to the track. Pull in past the main office and he is parked outside the office! I parked the truck and got out and slid the gun in the back of my pants under my shirt and walked inside and asked the counter girl if she knew the guy in the black M5 parked outside. He must have heard me because I see him run to his car, get in and tear out of there screeching tires and breaking the 10mph speed limit in the paddock. Turns out the clown was inquiring about a membership and when I told the counter girl to call the police about what had happened, they immediately put him on the "watch" list to be never granted a membership. Can't imagine what that hot head would do on a race track?! :rolleyes:

Thankfully never saw him again but the way things are going with people now these days and all the medicated assholes out in the world, I just don't feel safe anymore and currently carry in the truck, CHL pending and rarely have a gun more than 10 feet from me outside of work.

Hell, there was a black couple driving around Plano today robbing people in broad daylight in the alleys and in neighborhoods....heard that they caught them down in Richardson...CRAZY FUCKING SHIT IN THIS WORLD!!!!

#25 ·
HOOCBB said:

Not trying to start more shit over hong/bird throwing, right or wrong.

BUT

Had the OP been forced to make the call to shoot, there should not be a witness that said that the OP/Shooter failed to keep the situation from escalating. The bird and the horn would not be introduced into weather or not it was a clean shoot.

Just like the guy that shot and killed the two burglars while on the phone with 911, had he not said "don't move, your dead (then hearing a shot fired)" he would not have ONE SINGLE problem now.

Just my opinion, I know that if I am in a situation and I am the one left standing the story will be very close to exact as I can make it as long as any wrong doing on my part might be omited. Maybe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.