DFW Mustang Forums banner

Nintendo Wii's!!!

686 views 29 replies 18 participants last post by  Thats M Life 
#1 ·
I've got a buddy who works for Best Buy of Frisco, just called and told me they got in about 120+ Nintendo Wii's!

Good Luck & God Speed :D

#27 ·
Shorty said:
Look at all the big brain marketing gurus in here. If you consider that the lost sales due to supply problems have been claimed as high as a billion dollars by some, why the fuck would this be a marketing trick? The Wii has been sold out since launch last year. Analysts believe that they could be selling about twice the 1.8 million consoles a month they are currently producing.
people want what they cant have..half the people buying these damn things ASSUME their kids want them just because they're impossible to get and hte other half are a-holes like me who bought them to sell on ebay to the first half. Almost anyone you talk to prefers to play the xbox360 or ps3..only really little kids prefer the wii because its easier and half their games are for people with no brains or under the age of 7. If nintendo wanted to they could have fixed the problem after the first sell out season (last xmas)..but now they have the most wanted system instead of the most available had they bumped production. Despite what some of you tards say this system has not been sold out year round..just the last 2 months. Look at how many people on ebay had stacks of 30+ I can give you a guess as to when they bought them all...The only reason they even sold out in late oct/early nov was because of people buying loads of htem to sell during xmas because they knew people would get stupid over them. Reminds you of the tickle me elmos/furbys parents will go to any length to get what they think is the hottest gift especially if half the other kids wont be able to get it

#28 ·
#30 ·
Shorty said:
they have bumped production from 1 million units a month to 1.8. All of your anecdotal rambling is interesting and all but I'll stick to the facts. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/t...echnology&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Try reading your own article you fucking git :rolleyes:

"Industry analysts suspect that Nintendo is intentionally keeping the supply low to maintain a buzz. If so, they say, the company risks permanently losing customers, because gift givers might not buy a machine in the new year.

“Nintendo is afraid that if it makes too many Wii, the boom may crest too quickly,” said Masayuki Otani, an analyst at Maruwa Securities in Tokyo. “It doesn’t want to satisfy all demand right away.”

And look..that last one is even from right in tokyo where they are made..imagine that..im not just some conspiracy thinking prick!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.