DFW Mustang Forums banner

XBOX 360 HD-DVD Question

281 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ceyko 
#1 ·
I've been eyeing the XBOX 360 for awhile now. Previously there were 2 thoughts in my head..

1-It came with an HD-DVD player
2-I had a rear projection TV - and did not want to hook up a console to it and play games.

Well, now I have a plasma TV. However, as I start checking out the Xbox 360s more - I realized they don't actually have an HD-DVD player built in. It's external. Which really sucks since there are other HD-DVD players out there in the general price range now.

Any way, I played NHL 2008 (or something like that) at a friend's house and MUST get an XBOX soon. The problem is I read some internet articles indicating that the Xbox 360 might soon come with an HD-DVD player built in....

....is there any truth to that?

Take care,

#5 ·
ya....well, I'm also using the HD-DVD side (wife digs HD TV stuff) as a means to obtain an 360 as well. :D

Now with that said...I can live with the HD-DVD craping out as a standard...but I hope whatever is going to happen, happens soon.

#6 ·
bah, I became a console loser as of yesterday. Got one set aside....gonna buy the 120g drive, wireless adapter and HD-DVD player with it. Bundle that has the extra controllers and 3 games that I'd likely play....(Madden, Forza...and something else.)

Hangs head in shame....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.