DFW Mustang Forums banner

Weird Question about Sheep & Evolution

510 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BrianC 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a funny question for evolutionists...

Sheep must be sheared once or twice a year, if I'm not mistaken. If they are not sheared, they die. There is no animal that can shear a sheep and the sheep can't shear itself. Therefore, sheep depend on humans. Now, I don't understand how a sheep could evolve to dependance upon humans, because even if that had happened, we would still see sheep in the wild. It would seem that sheep would've had to have evolved after humans. How would you explain a sheep's need for humans? I wonder if evolution can explain this one...

#3 ·
Mr Majestyk said:
Although some breeds of domestic sheep have been selectively bred by humans for wool production, there are those bred for other purposes, such as meat. Not all domesticated sheep require shearing to survive, and there still are wild sheep in Europe and Asia.
Oh, ok, cool. I was not aware that there was any breed of wild sheep. I'll have to look into it now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.