DFW Mustang Forums banner

Speaker Packages

454 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike69 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I want to start putting together a surround sound package. I know nothing about home audio. The only thing I have is the T.V. So what is a good speaker package for the money??? Also what is a good reciever fro the money?

#2 ·
Whats your budget? Thats going to be the #1 important thing here. What kind of quality do you want?

You can get speaker packages for as little as a couple of hundred bucks, all the way up to the thousands. Receivers are also going fall under the same guide lines.

Money=better components!

#3 ·
What's a good budget for a POOR Mexican? Maybe something like $1200.00 total. It will take me some time to get everything. I want to get the reciever or speakers first then the other later.

#4 ·
For inexpensive HT speakers that will give you good quality sound, I would go with HTD(www.htd.com). I have a set of their level 3 package at my house right now, and I could not be more happy. Local(Plano) company.

Their level 2 package(for an entire 5.1 system) will run you $976 + tax(http://www.htd.com/cabinet-speakers/level-two-speakers). Level 3 package will run you $1646 + tax(http://www.htd.com/cabinet-speakers/level-three-speakers).

These are excellent speakers for the money! I know I couldn't be happier with mine.

#6 ·
Leah said:
I'm a fan of onkyo. :eek:
Hey, I like Onkyo too! In fact, I'm a fan of their HTIB offerings. I have a 7.1 system now that sounds great (by my standards) and I've had my eyes on a new one that has HDMI pass-through. They are tough to beat for the price ($300-$500 for everything, including the receiver).

That said, I know it's not considered "high end" home audio equipment.

<-- car audio guy

#7 ·
jluv said:
Hey, I like Onkyo too! In fact, I'm a fan of their HTIB offerings. I have a 7.1 system now that sounds great (by my standards) and I've had my eyes on a new one that has HDMI pass-through. They are tough to beat for the price ($300-$500 for everything, including the receiver).

That said, I know it's not considered "high end" home audio equipment.

<-- car audio guy

$300-500? Damn, I have more than that in just cables :(

#9 ·
Are Klipsch speakers any good? I'm thinking of buying there speaker package with there powered sub woofer.

#10 ·
Mike69 said:
Are Klipsch speakers any good? I'm thinking of buying there speaker package with there powered sub woofer.

Denpends on the package. As with any manufacture, they have some packages that are awesome, and others that are not so good. Depends on your budget, and your ears. If the cheaper system sounds good to you, then thats all you will need.

#14 ·
I bought the Klipsch Quintet III speaker system with there 10" powered subwoofer. Also got a Yamaha receiver (RX-V461) & a Toshiba HD DVD player. I paid $1200.00 for everything. I heard this set up & it sounded good to me.

#15 ·
I bought the Klipsch Quintet III speaker system with there 10" powered subwoofer. Also got a Yamaha receiver (RX-V461) & a Toshiba HD DVD player. I paid $1200.00 for everything. I heard this set up & it sounded good to me.

#16 ·
Mike69 said:
Sounds like a nice rig. Let us know when it's set up.

#18 ·
Will do, it should be more than enough for me. Just need to figure out how to connect everthing now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.