DFW Mustang Forums banner

Alright... let's discuss this !#$ing Guitar Hero thing.

2K views 129 replies 47 participants last post by  line-em-up 
#1 ·
Is this the most retarded shit ever?

I see people buying whole game consoles, all these different versions of the game, different guitars (or covers?) just so they can stand in front of a TV for HOURS AND HOURS and press the little buttons as the coins appear on the screen.

Please help me understand the mass hysteria behind this thing. It reminds me of the Macarena, and in six months everyone playing it is going to look just as dumb.

#28 ·
Played once and hated it.

Played it again and liked it.

Played it a shitload more times and fucking love it.

#29 ·
avinson said:
Yeah i will have to play it. Look pretty sweet.

Go to best buy, some of them have rock band set up. If anything, you can pick up one of the guitars. They made them differently to feel more like a real guitar. and they have 5 extra fret buttons at the bottom for solos (don't have to strum when using them for designated solo's). And you want to see someone get into that game, watch me play the solo to "Wanted Dead or Alive", lmao. :D

#31 ·
i dont like the game, but im sure its fun and all......but seriously, who else is just really GLAD that rock n roll is making a comeback lately? seen all the shit out there now?

#32 ·
jluv said:
I'm waiting for the rap version, Bling Bling Hero. There will be a button on each piece of icy hot jewelry, like a watch, chain, grill, pinky ring, etc. You'll have to rap about yo shit and point at each piece in time with the verse.
omgz! rofl.

#34 ·
Hollywood said:
Go to best buy, some of them have rock band set up. If anything, you can pick up one of the guitars. They made them differently to feel more like a real guitar. and they have 5 extra fret buttons at the bottom for solos (don't have to strum when using them for designated solo's). And you want to see someone get into that game, watch me play the solo to "Wanted Dead or Alive", lmao. :D
LOL its going to have to wait till after Christmas.

#35 ·
Stroked71Bowtie said:
Along the same lines though, do you get aggrivated with people who play games like Gran Turismo instead of getting in their car and going to Skip Barber or any other racing school? What about grown men who play Madden instead of signing up for a local team?
Well, one BIG difference is that a real car costs several thousand dollars, and real football can get you hurt.

A real guitar to learn on costs less than this game!

But yes, I do get aggravated by people that spend hundreds (thousands) of hours bullshitting on video games. I've got a brother that tops that list.

#36 ·
46Tbird said:
But yes, I do get aggravated by people that spend hundreds (thousands) of hours bullshitting on video games. I've got a brother that tops that list.
Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist.

JKZ<3

#37 ·
46Tbird said:
Agreed. By the time I have kids, playing around outside is going to be a foreign concept, and that's just fucking wrong.

#38 ·
46Tbird said:
Well, one BIG difference is that a real car costs several thousand dollars, and real football can get you hurt.

A real guitar to learn on costs less than this game!

I know how to play real guitar and i still love the game. :confused:

Dont hate Danny. Have you actually played it?

#42 ·
ANYOEN REMEBER THE STAR TREK EPISODE WHERE THE CHICK BROUGHT BACK THE LAZER EYE VIDEO GAME AND YOU HAD TO PUT THE DISCS INTO THE CONES THAT WAS SWEET

#43 ·
Chili said:
I played it for the first time at White_lightning's party (well, Rockstar, but same thing). It is actually a really fun game even though it is really pretty basic. It's like Dance Dance Revolution for us lazy people who don't want to jump around.

We got one of the Guitar Hero games for the buys for Christmas and I can't wait to give it to them so I can play it. :D
I bought Guitar Hero II back in February for my kids, but they can't play it all that well, so I've been rockin out on it every now and then :D I really have fun with it, but I don't play it every waking second of everyday either

#44 ·
Hollywood said:
Danny, I didn't understand the hype on Guitar Hero either until I tried it. Once I played it, I got hooked.
x2. I rocked that guitar Sat night! :D

#45 ·
mutherjuggz said:
I bought Guitar Hero II back in February for my kids, but they can't play it all that well, so I've been rockin out on it every now and then :D I really have fun with it, but I don't play it every waking second of everyday either
I wish I had the time to devote to any video game these days. Every couple of months I might put a few hours in on GTA..

#47 ·
Add me to the list of people who thought it was retarded and then changed my mind after playing it. I played it for the first time saturday and I'm sure I'll have it or Rock Band by the first of the year, just have to make sure I get everyones Christmas squared away first.

#48 ·
BLKGT said:
its been over 6 months and now its part III and Rock Band.

idk, I suck at it but i find it fun plus it has some good music in it.
Yep, Guitar Hero I was released Nov 2005.

I don't have GH or RB but I can appreciate the fact that REAL guitar sales have skyrocketed since 2005. I personally prefer spending my time on my Epiphone Dot or Breelove but I've got nothing negative to say about GH.

I'm betting I'd get addicted if I start playing. That's probably a good reason for me to not even try ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.