DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wireless network help...

408 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  [CS]ls1haha 
#1 ·
I bought a new laptop for my wife and I am having trouble connecting using the Belkin54g router...it is asking for a passphrase or security key to access the network. I have never setup a passphrase and do not have a security key...how can I access the internet through with the laptop using the wireless router...the other laptop did not have this issue. Thanks.

#2 ·
My suggestion to you is...take the router back to Wal-Mart or where ever you got it..and get the more expensive one..instead of "G" it would be the "N"..which is what i have and it's awesome.

#5 ·
davbrucas said:
The one I have works fine for what we use it for...what advantages would the other one provide over my current one?
G is fine if you're using it a short distance of one or two rooms. You can look on the mfg's website for instructions on how to log into the router and set the passkey. Usually you have to use a wired connection and go to http://192.168.0.1 or something similar. It will ask for a user name and password. Often times the name is admin or administrator. The p/w is sometimes blank or the same. A manual will give you the information. Once in, manually set the passkey to whatever you want it to be so you'll remember it. Once that's done, just enter the key on the laptop and you're done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.