DFW Mustang Forums banner

speed 1.0 mbps on my laptop

281 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AbecX 
#1 ·
I replaced my router thinking that was my problem. But I only got a few days out of it without any problems then back to the same old shit. I have to hard wire the x-box in just to be able to play since the adapter will just lag it out.

The router i got now is Linksys WRT150N.

The only thing is better now it actually stays connected. Last router it wouldn't even be picked up on the networks.

any help?

#6 ·
Mine does the same shit. It will be ok at 54 for a while then start sliding down to 1. It might creep back up to 5 but it's generally around 1.
Doing the "repair connection" gets it back to 54 for a minute, but then the downward slide starts again.

It really pisses me off, but I have bigger fish to fry than a damn wireless connection so I haven't done anything about it yet.

I'm definitely interested in what some solutions could be.

#7 ·
Stroked71Bowtie said:
Mine does the same shit. It will be ok at 54 for a while then start sliding down to 1. It might creep back up to 5 but it's generally around 1.
Doing the "repair connection" gets it back to 54 for a minute, but then the downward slide starts again.

It really pisses me off, but I have bigger fish to fry than a damn wireless connection so I haven't done anything about it yet.

I'm definitely interested in what some solutions could be.

this guy knows what I'm talking about :D , hell at my old house for a good year when I first got my laptop, never had a problem with the wireless. But now I have moved and nothing but problems.

#8 ·
wireless is made to fluctuate speeds depending on signal strength, its never going to be stable. Just go wired, wireless sucks and I don't support it.

#9 ·
AbecX said:
wireless is made to fluctuate speeds depending on signal strength, its never going to be stable. Just go wired, wireless sucks and I don't support it.

lol, I will stick with wireless in some instances. Wires running all over the house isnt nice either.

#10 ·
thats why you run them through the attic and make network ports, network wiring can be made to look clean, let alone its a hell of a lot more stable and secure that any wireless connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.