DFW Mustang Forums banner

Wall Mount for 46"

599 views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Mark04 
#1 ·
Are all wall mounts the same or are there some to stay away from??

I've got a new Sony Bravia that I'd like to wall mount. I'd like to get a wall mount that won't give me any issues without breaking the banks.

#3 ·
pgf223jjw said:
i have been building theaters for 12 years go with peerliss brand all i use
thay are the strongest most flexable on the market thay will taylor a mount to your needs at no extra charge too

I cant agree with that one. Omni Pro or ProMount are about the only 2 in high use commercially or heavy residential. Peerless is used alot only becuase half the time that is the only thing walmart or bestbuy will carry... Cheap is not always better

#4 ·
Pearless and Cheif make great mounts...but they are expensive

check out www.monoprice.com The mounts are cheap but lots of positive feedback on the different mounts. I have yet to see a 1/8" steel bent bracket break by just holding a TV.

#7 ·
#8 ·
8mpg said:
Im sure it would work great...just dunno why you would pay $150 for a mount. I have hung a TV on one of those mounts though. Worked just like every other mount I have used.

Just yesterday we hung a 60" Pioneer Plasma on this same mount
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=3724&seq=1&format=2

and its only $60

LOL, who's telling the lie? Ok, someone come clean.... Here is the WARNING at the bottom of the site on the MOUNT you used

Warning: This mounting bracket is not compatible with PIONEER(r) brand TVs because their mounting holes are too far apart from side to side unlike other brand TVs.

#9 ·
dman said:
LOL, who's telling the lie? Ok, someone come clean.... Here is the WARNING at the bottom of the site on the MOUNT you used

Warning: This mounting bracket is not compatible with PIONEER(r) brand TVs because their mounting holes are too far apart from side to side unlike other brand TVs.
LOL... you got me there. The mount is JUST like it. I dont remember seeing a big name on the box, like Chief or Pearless... It was a cheap mount

#10 ·
We use the Peerless ST650 for a good majority of our plasma installs. Never had a problem.

I'd like to get my hands on a monoprice mount though, I'm sure it would be fine for most applications. In 7 years of mounting tvs to walls and ceilings, I have never seen a mount fail, regardless of brand name. It has always been the way the mount was installed to the wall.

#13 ·
That's the one I bought, except it was $27 at the time and it was like $36 shipped. Comes in a nice orange box, that says monoprice on it. I think the folks who have signs on the side of the road by Fry's/BB are using those. I see them advertised on CL every once in awhile when advertising wall-mount installation.

#14 ·
#15 ·
Monoprice wall mount

I bought this one from Monoprice, and installed my Samsung 46" LCD on it without any problems. Its just like the reviews said, the directions suck, but it wasn't hard to install without them, and I went and bought some 5/16 x 3" lag bolts to mount into the studs just to be safe. I don't know the weight of your tv, but mine is pretty light (57lbs w/o stand).

I bought the mount, 2 25' HDMI cables, 1 25' VGA cable, and a 25' audio cable shipped overnight for $178 total. No complaints whatsoever.

Here is the mount I got:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082801&p_id=3004&seq=1&format=2

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.