DFW Mustang Forums banner

More PS3 price cuts

703 views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  layla17 
#1 ·
#40 ·
i hate to break your little chain, but why would it be more cost effective to cut the backwards compatability? isn't that just a software issue? that software is already developed and sitting on their drives somewhere, it would take them about 5 minutes extra per box to put it on there, how is that cutting cost that much? other than that isn't it only minus 2 usb ports? Sony needs to think long and hard about what they're doing. the hard drive cut is the only thing that justifies the price cut. if the usb ports and the software are really that big of a deal then why not cut the price MORE? just my .02 but im sure someone will prove me wrong.

#41 ·
Only game I've even played online with my PS3 is skate, and if anyone has it, and wants their ass kicked, my sn is RuizGT:D Send me a friend request if you want.

#42 ·
sleeperLS said:
ive got a gen one as well with the talladega nights disc. But yet still i have only one game for the damn thing. picked up a 360 few months back and coundnt be happier. I am a die hard sony fan and once the games start rolling out that are worth a shit i might actually play it. But hell i baught it for the gran turismo games. But i also like fps as long as it isnt all futuristic crap.
GT should be out sometime in 2012... :rolleyes:

Fuck Polyphony. GT4 got pushed back so many times I almost didn't want to buy the game... :mad:

#43 ·
x a brazillian on the 360 :)

I sold my 360 last summer and bought a Wii. I honestly liked the Wii's controller concept and had a lot of fun with Wii sports. However all the games I wanted were not available so I sold it on Craigslist and got all my money back.

Now my wife and I are finally going to get a HDTV after I finish installing the tile floors (talk about an incentive) I thought about buying a PS3 for the blue ray player but a gaming console has to have the fuckin' games. IMO the PS3 simply doesn't have them. So next month, when the new HDTV comes to the house, I'm going to Wally World and getting a new 360 Elite.

#44 ·
Neiladin said:
i hate to break your little chain, but why would it be more cost effective to cut the backwards compatability? isn't that just a software issue? that software is already developed and sitting on their drives somewhere, it would take them about 5 minutes extra per box to put it on there, how is that cutting cost that much? other than that isn't it only minus 2 usb ports? Sony needs to think long and hard about what they're doing. the hard drive cut is the only thing that justifies the price cut. if the usb ports and the software are really that big of a deal then why not cut the price MORE? just my .02 but im sure someone will prove me wrong.
they admit that there's not much cost savings in eliminating backwards compatibility. They say it's an attempt to get people to buy ps3 games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.