DFW Mustang Forums banner

Has anyone ever broken a Pinky or Finger?

925 views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  JPS 
#1 ·
How bad is the pain?

I think I broke my pinky about a week ago I could barely move it and it swole up completey purple. It is now a week later and I can barely touch it without wanting to cry.... Maybe I am just a pussy, but how bad is the pain?

#2 ·
you waited a week to ask this? if you go to a doctor now they may have to rebreak it to set it right.

#4 ·
its broken and it hurts like a bitch, go to the doctor...

#6 ·
I waited 3 days before I went to the doc. Swelled up blue and green with a throbbing pain. Go to the doc and get it set before they have to rebreak it to set it.

#8 ·
broke them before more than once ( mechanic ). my hands are crooked as a back road but i always just tape em up w/ black tape. i went to the doc once and they gave me pills and a splint. i wore it for a bit but it just slowed me down at work. the only problem i have from it is my left middle finger is bout twice as fat as normal. and it can't bend well. mine never hurt that bad but pain doesnt bother me much after smashin them alot.

#9 ·
Broke my middle finger back in highschool, and broke again back in August. That one hurt like a MF'er. It's big as my thumb now. PUt a splint on it and doc said to bend the splint every weeks for about 5 weeks. I can make a fist now, but it's not normal.

#11 ·
shattered my thumb with a 30lb. T-post driver...........it hurt just a little bit not much as yours though. :D

#16 ·
Broke my left pinkie at the last knuckle first day of a 2 week hunt in Colorado; hurt but was tolerable so I didn't deal with it till I returned. Doctor said it would have to be rebroke and I would end up with less movement than I currently had but it would be straight without a lump. Needless to say it is still bent with a lump...fuck the rebreaking it!

And it was very sensitive to touch for about 6 months or more after it was broke :(

#17 ·
If its swelled up and purple after a week, you might wanna head for the doc. That much swelling can cut off circulation. Then you'll be looking at gangrene and amputation instead of having the finger rebroken and set properly. I've had breaks in the hand before and a couple in the fingers. I only had to have one rebroken and set. It hurt, but the local anesthetic helped.

Doc put a stretchy thing kind of like chinese handcuffs on the finger, told me to look at the nurse, then jerked it and I heard/felt a pop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.