Interesting web site hollywood wants to shut down - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
IA2

Interesting web site hollywood wants to shut down

I heard about this site on the radio on the way to work this morning and decided to check it out - it's interesting:

http://www.boycott-hollywood.us/

The real interesting thing is that a lady started the site on her own as a personal project and it has ballooned into a very busy website. Busy enough to attract hollywood lawyers that want the site shut down. Her ISP has caved and she'll have to re-host it elsewhere.

Apparently it's OK for hollywood celebs to have free speech but for us to do so it's libel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2003, 01:00 AM
The Janitor

in my favorites now
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 01:10 PM
Never settle always excel

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox466
Nice link. I had to control D as well...
The idea McCain would run on a ticket with Kerry is a joke. To even suggest it put's someone in the belief system of Rush who never cuts and pastes to spin things . I like McCain and can say with all confidence neither Bush nor Kerry hold a stick in the wind to him when it comes to service to this country and honesty. It is funny that anyone who is against Bush or seemingly so is trashed in the radical right media. If McCain had ever hinted to wanting to run on a bi-partisan ticket the main stream media would have covered that to no end. I don't think they should shut this woman's sight down, free speech is free speech even if she gets some things wrong.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
The idea McCain would run on a ticket with Kerry is a joke. To even suggest it put's someone in the belief system of Rush who never cuts and pastes to spin things . I like McCain and can say with all confidence neither Bush nor Kerry hold a stick in the wind to him when it comes to service to this country and honesty. It is funny that anyone who is against Bush or seemingly so is trashed in the radical right media. If McCain had ever hinted to wanting to run on a bi-partisan ticket the main stream media would have covered that to no end. I don't think they should shut this woman's sight down, free speech is free speech even if she gets some things wrong.
IMHO- John McCain is by far, the most HONORABLE representative of AMERICAN leadership today, and one of the all time best this country has ever had!

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:46 PM
NOT the Oldest Fart HERE

John McCain - Powell or Rice 2008

how would that be?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 02:53 PM
Time Served

Re: John McCain - Powell or Rice 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
how would that be?
Rudy Giuliani - Rice would be better

JOE
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Lifer

Re: John McCain - Powell or Rice 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by jyro
how would that be?
If Kerry doesn't earn my vote (again) in 2008, and there are not better candidates (in McCain's case it would hard to top), I could easily vote for McCain/Powell. They both seem too smart and honorable to let wall street "own" them, and are both globally savy to restraint, as well as knowing when and how to "pull the trigger", when necessary, for American security, while actually staying focused on the bullseye.

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Never settle always excel

Re: Re: John McCain - Powell or Rice 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by black01gt
If Kerry doesn't earn my vote (again) in 2008, and there are not better candidates (in McCain's case it would hard to top), I could easily vote for McCain/Powell. They both seem too smart and honorable to let wall street "own" them, and are both globally savy to restraint, as well as knowing when and how to "pull the trigger", when necessary, for American security, while actually staying focused on the bullseye.
Excellent call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement