I guess all the French aren't so bad... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I guess all the French aren't so bad...

PARIS - Two men attacked the director of a Paris theater Sunday, punching him and slashing his face, apparently because of a play he is staging that criticizes President Bush (news - web sites), the theater said.

Attilio Maggiulli, director of the Theater of Italian Comedy, was attacked in the building's entrance on Sunday, said Claudine Simon, his assistant. One man held him down, while another cut his face. They also splashed paint on the theater's walls, she said.

It was unclear exactly what motivated the beating, said Simon, who said she found her employer bleeding in the entryway. But she said it may have been over the play the theater has been showing since Wednesday, titled "George W. Bush, or God's Sad Cowboy."

Simon suggested the assailants might have been offended by a poster showing a skull in a cowboy hat to represent Bush, or by a photo of an Afghan man that the theater showed as part of its publicity display.

"They said things like, "Oh, you're defending the Arabs," Simon said. They also insulted President Jacques Chirac, one of the main opponents of the U.S.-led war in Iraq (news - web sites). The play is critical of Bush but doesn't directly touch on the Arab world, Simon said.

The assailants fled, and Maggiulli was treated at a Paris hospital, Simon said.

The theater director wants to shut down the play to protect the actors, but a final decision has not yet been made, Simon said. Maggiulli founded the theater in the Montparnasse neighborhood to stage works by Italian playwrights performed in French.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-06-2003, 08:08 PM
XL

Well, at least we know 2 out of 58,978,172 people are on our side.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 10:21 AM
Time Served

Yeah! I mean assaulting people for expressing their opinions is the American way and all! Are you reatarded?

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2003, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by steve small
Yeah! I mean assaulting people for expressing their opinions is the American way and all! Are you reatarded?
ah... another punk ass newbie...

Steve, if you actually read posts before you post, you would know the satirical nature in which this was posted.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Time Served

Well I am pretty sure that just because I accidentally put one too many letters in a word that it does not make me retarded.
I have read a lot of Old Fawk's posts and I do not agree with most of what he has to say. And yes I may still be labeld a punk ass newbie but I have been a member for quite sometime, I just usually do not find it necassary to reply.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 12:12 PM
Lifer

Steve,

You were entirely correct with your first comment.

Though I'm sure old fawk may have just been sarcastic, most people on this board are predominately conservative. If you don't think like they think, then you are a lunatic liberal terrorist. How can anyone help but take someone serious after all of the bashing that goes on.

Have a nice day.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-27-2003, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Well I am pretty sure that just because I accidentally put one too many letters in a word that it does not make me retarded.
I have read a lot of Old Fawk's posts and I do not agree with most of what he has to say. And yes I may still be labeld a punk ass newbie but I have been a member for quite sometime, I just usually do not find it necassary to reply.
Quote:
You called me reatarded because I made the comment they not all French were bad because a few of them bloodied a French director. It was posted in a satirical nature.

You readily admit you don't agree with most of what I say (which is cool).

You decided that this was an easy post to *own* me (by the use of the "are you retarded?"). In the process, you owned yourself.

The post was so obviously sarcastic. For your benefit, I will mark are sarcasm in the future with [sarcasm][/sarcasm].
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 01:09 PM
Time Served

I understood that you were not being literal. But it did seem that you were slightly condoning the actions of the assailants.Which I sort of found offense to because there actions were in no way justified. Ill try to not get pissed in the future when you are being sarcastic.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 PM
Lifer

How big of you, steve small.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I understood that you were not being literal. But it did seem that you were slightly condoning the actions of the assailants.Which I sort of found offense to because there actions were in no way justified. Ill try to not get pissed in the future when you are being sarcastic.
I understood you weren't being literal...but it did seem that you were slightly condoning the actions of the perps....

Sorry, it makes no sense to me.

Get pissed all you want. Its a message board. Getting pissed at others over the internet is half the fun. Enjoy it!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 46Tbird
How big of you, steve small.
TBird, welcome home. Hope Cali didn't change you any.

I know every time I go out there (which is frequent, the freeway shot you took look really familiar) I wonder why I come back. Then I talk to a few people in Texas and realize why I did!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:21 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Getting pissed at others over the internet is half the fun. Enjoy it!

Oh yea!! I'm pissed at you old fawk!!
Just kidding. Are we having fun yet?
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2003, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by line-em-up
Oh yea!! I'm pissed at you old fawk!!
Just kidding. Are we having fun yet?
Lol.

Yea, I can be a dick sometimes.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Lifer

An old dick, with droopy balls.

Honestly, that was my first time ever to Cali but I don't see myself going back for a while. It was waaaay too busy, with signs and cars and shit in your face everywhere you go. Plus what's the good of having a beautiful sunny beach if the ocean water is 52*?

Fugg that, I'm headed to Florida next time I want to hit up the beach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement