Bush Hits Paydirt!!! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Bush Hits Paydirt!!!

To all you doubting Mustafa's who said we fought the war for nothing just because we didn't find chemical agents at the local strip mall in Bagdad... What do you have to say know? They found a dozen 55 gallon drums of chemical agents and will probably find more. That's what happens when you talk too soon, you end up sounding like a democrat who voted for a president who wouldn't have even gone over there. And would have waited for them to kill half the U.S. before they would have eventhought something seemed peculiar. Go "W"
For those of you who don't like the fact that Bush has proved you wrong... "Here's a quarter, call the Dixie Chicks, maybe they care!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-27-2003, 10:24 PM
Lifer

I would bet we haven't even thoroughly searched 20% of that country yet, we will definitely find more.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 12:08 PM
87 T-tops

they will definitely find more...over the next year they should find quite a bit more.

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 12:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Patience, grasshopper. 2 of 3 field tests said it was weapons grade chemicals. Every other time they've had positives in the field, it turned up negative in more sophisticated tests. The other times, all field tests were positive, when the more elaborate tests said it was pesticide.
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 01:03 PM
Lifer

We need to remember that we have a TON of guys sprayed with a little anti-foliant called "agent Orange"- wasn't classified as a poison, but it sure as hell was effective. Me thinks there is a very thin line between "pesticides" and chemical weapons.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 01:09 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

I can find 100s of pesticides in Home Depot I would rather not have sprayed on me. But I use them in my lawn (MSMA just this morning).
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Lifer

Our EPA forced us to quit making hundreds of items 30 years ago, that are still used all over the world. My point is just because it's classified as a pesticide, doesn't mean it can't (and hasn't) been used as a weapon. Hell, a truckload of fertilizer brought down a Federal building in Ok City. That stuff you see in Home Depot, is Koolaid compared to pesticides from the '70's.

post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 06:14 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Re: Bush Hits Paydirt!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fordboy91
To all you doubting Mustafa's who said we fought the war for nothing just because we didn't find chemical agents at the local strip mall in Bagdad... What do you have to say know? They found a dozen 55 gallon drums of chemical agents and will probably find more. That's what happens when you talk too soon, you end up sounding like a democrat who voted for a president who wouldn't have even gone over there. And would have waited for them to kill half the U.S. before they would have eventhought something seemed peculiar. Go "W"
For those of you who don't like the fact that Bush has proved you wrong... "Here's a quarter, call the Dixie Chicks, maybe they care!"
Quote:
N E A R B A Y J I, Iraq, April 28 — Two days of tests which identified dangerous chemicals in more than a dozen 55-gallon drums found in Northern Iraq appear to have been wrong.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/w...els030428.html

Actually, that's what happen when you talk to soon.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 07:44 PM
Pushed to the limit

Re: Re: Bush Hits Paydirt!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/w...els030428.html

Actually, that's what happen when you talk to soon.
May I be the first to say...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Just goes to show that legitimacy rests on CONCRETE proof... and it is helpful to have legitimacy BEFORE starting a war.

When/if something turns up (under supervision of the UN), props will be in order.

Thank you.

Buying dogs kills.
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Hey PWT, you believe everything Iraq says!!! You must be crazy if you think they are honest, and unbiased, You do know that's who we were after right.
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Most of the people against the war, are not whole heartedly against war. How many protesters were marching when Clinton sent troops in to Kosovo? ZERO! Most of these people are anti-Bush. If Bush has said that they was no way in hell that the US should go in to Iraq, they would have been protesting about the suffering in Iraq.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 04-28-2003 at 09:54 PM.
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 09:59 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
Most of the people against the war, are not whole heartedly against war. How many protesters were marching when Clinton sent troops in to Kosovo? ZERO! Most of these people are anti-Bush. If Bush has said that they was no way in hell that the US should go in to Iraq, they would have been protesting about the suffering in Iraq.
That, I can believe.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:24 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Hey PWT, you believe everything Iraq says!!! You must be crazy if you think they are honest, and unbiased, You do know that's who we were after right.
Quote:
I never said that I believed Saddam and his chronies. All I am saying is that Bush almost single-handedly has done one of the most reckless acts in modern history by going to war against the will of the rest of the world without concrete proof of anything. He just gave the entire world a reason to do whatever the hell they feel like doing if they think there MIGHT be a reason. We have laws against that in this country. The cops can't just bust your door down because you might have a dime bag in your nightstand. Hell, we all MIGHT have one.

To add insult to injury, there is talk of installing a democracy in Iraq. What the hell is that about? Trying to make them do things the way we do them is ridiculous. There is only one way to make money in that region and separation of church and state is an impossibility. A lot of the Iraqi's are going to want a Theocracy and then I hear Rumsfeld all over the airwaves saying he won't allow it. How does he plan to stop the will of the people?

It just gets more ridiculous to me by the day.

Buying dogs kills.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
I am not anti-Bush and I feel the need to point out that we have always been pretty good at watching dictators/despots/warlords kill thier own people as well as their neighbors. Of course, there was never this much oil involved before... and nobody in Kosovo tried to kill our President's daddy.

Buying dogs kills.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 12:52 AM
Lifer

C'mon PWT, you can't be serious that the war was only for oil. You seem to be a pretty staunch liberal. My brother is a die hard liberal and you are saying the same crap he spews out. What about France, Germany, and Russia not wanting to support us through the UN when it was based on the fact that Saddam had promised them lucrative oil fields if they stopped the war?

It was the right thing to do, 76% of the people in the US agree(according to a liberal CNN poll), and yes anyone who did not protest Clintons little military jaunts but protested this war, is anti-Bush, not anti-war.

You called Bush reckless for going up against Saddam, and said it will cause more attacks on our soil. I say we need to respond to the one that has already happened, and try to prevent further attacks. We may not find weapons of mass destruction, hell he had 12 years of UN pacifisim to hide, destroy, and/or perfect WMD. Do you think we will find them in 2-3 weeks?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 07:49 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 90 Notch
It was the right thing to do, 76% of the people in the US agree(according to a liberal CNN poll), and yes anyone who did not protest Clintons little military jaunts but protested this war, is anti-Bush, not anti-war.
I love how if your anti-war your automatically liberal. But, for now, I'll forget this misconception.

Right after 9/11, only about 3% of the US population mentioned Iraq/Saddam as being responsible. In January 2003, in a poll by Knight Ridder, 44% of the US population believed either "most" or "some" of the hijackers were Iraqi citizens (correct answer a big fat zero).

When this administration talks about 9/11 and Iraq, its very common to mention them in the same sentence or paragraph. While never being able to prove the link, they provide just enough innuendo to sway opinion.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 10:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
When this administration talks about 9/11 and Iraq, its very common to mention them in the same sentence or paragraph. While never being able to prove the link, they provide just enough innuendo to sway opinion.
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/....ap/index.html
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 11:21 AM
No, I don't have a turbo

Quote:
Read it. Interesting that a bunch of newspaper people found all of these top secret documents and the military didn't. Also a link between the two 15 years ago doesn't say a lot.

Anyone watch The Daily Show last night? Tell me how you felt about that debate.

Oh.. and today's news.. looks like we're winning more friends in Iraq- School Shooting

Punxsutawney Jesus, Illuminati Elitist
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 11:26 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Figured someone would post that link. The intelligence community has already downplayed the documents found (British and American. Sort of like all the "chemical weapons" found headlines.)

According to British intelligence, there were fleeting contacts, but not long term contacts. It also said that suggestion that the French giving the regime regular reports of dealings with the US were nothing more than orginary diplomatic traffic.

There is no love loss between the British and French. If these documents were all that and a bag of chips, they would be trumpeting them from the highest mountain.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 11:55 AM
Pushed to the limit

I am for the death penalty and anti-welfare. I am also anti-bad decision making. Why do you have to start with the labels? That is the first time I have ever been called a liberal. Even some of my friends who have called themselves conservative and republican have turned against Bush. My stance has nothing to do with party lines or set political views. I think Bush used force and destroyed the homes of thousands of innocent people because he either didn't look at the long term or didn't know any better. He either listened to some really bad advice or is just not cut out for dealing with things outside of Texas. This war upsets me because I have a hard time believing that even with access to some of the smartest people in the world, this is the best we could come up with. I know, we are all experts and could have done it better, but damn man! I guess I just expected better.

This war may or not be about oil but I did notice how the prices at the pump dropped quite a bit when Baghdad fell. As Iraq produces more, the prices will fall even further and I am a big fan of that.

I still don't understand what the war with Iraq has to do with any past terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. What we have done is the equivalent of beating up Bob because he hangs out with Dave because Dave hit you when you weren't looking. Bob MIGHT have known that it was going to happen at some point so we had to kick his ass. But we didn't stop there. We had to burn Bob's house down too. Might as well get his neighbors house because he MIGHT have known that the Dave was capable of doing something evil.

Now you can read about how the U.S. is letting a known terrorist organization keep their weapons. So much for stomping out all terror which is what part of this war was about. This is what I mean by this deal getting stranger and stranger as the days roll by:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ran_mujahedeen

I hope we find WMD in Iraq. It gets us off the hook with the rest of the world.

Quote:
C'mon PWT, you can't be serious that the war was only for oil. You seem to be a pretty staunch liberal. My brother is a die hard liberal and you are saying the same crap he spews out. What about France, Germany, and Russia not wanting to support us through the UN when it was based on the fact that Saddam had promised them lucrative oil fields if they stopped the war?

You called Bush reckless for going up against Saddam, and said it will cause more attacks on our soil. I say we need to respond to the one that has already happened, and try to prevent further attacks. We may not find weapons of mass destruction, hell he had 12 years of UN pacifisim to hide, destroy, and/or perfect WMD. Do you think we will find them in 2-3 weeks?

Buying dogs kills.
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 02:39 PM
Lifer

Being anti-war does not make you liberal automatically per say, but if you did not speak up when a liberal president was going into other countries strictly for humanitarian reasons, then I say you are a liberal and your displeasure with this war is more about Bush than it is war. I believe that based on the fact that Saddam has killed more of his own people than Milosevic did, we were justified solely on the humanitarian basis. I have wondered why Bush has not mentioned that more. I didn't protest Clinton going into other countries for that, even though I had a major problem with him as a draft dodger and being our commander-in-chief.

There is no real misconception about most of the anti-war protesters being liberal, unless you were speaking against Clintons military jaunts as well. To me, it's not just liberal, it's hypocritical to protest one but not the others. I protested neither, even though I am conservative.

I also think most are looking for a smoking gun link to 9/11 and there won't be one, it is a common link to worldwide terrorism that makes Iraq a justified target.

I think the only time people dislike being labeled is when the label fits, but you don't want to wear it. Call me a death penalty loving conservative, and I will proudly say I am one. I don't hide the fact that my philosophy and that label are the same.

I never assumed the hijackers were Iraqi, I was surprised at how many were from Saudi Arabia though. You think some of the hijackers spent some time in Iraq? Probably so, who knows for sure though.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 03:08 PM
Pushed to the limit

Where did I say was ok with Clinton's military antics? I didn't. Just don't try the humanitarian "We are saving the people from a dictator" angle. It has too many holes. Bush hasn't mentioned that because there are tons of places where force could be justified and where people actually want us to help but you don't see us there helping anybody out. Just look 100 miles off of the coast of Florida. There are quite a few instances where we have decided to keep to ourselves when we could have been of service though Republican and Democratic presidencies. Not one of those places had oil though. I can PM you the places and who was in office.

Labels just tie you down and limit you. Use them as you wish. Call me what you wish. We have all been wrong at one time or another in our lives. Just ask our current President.

I forgot to mention that I have one friend who has labeled himself conservative. He thinks that Bush won the popular vote. I invited him to find that info and he refused to look for it. Thats what labeling does for you.

Last edited by PWTRTXSS; 04-29-2003 at 03:12 PM.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 03:26 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

There is no real misconception about most of the anti-war protesters being liberal, unless you were speaking against Clintons military jaunts as well. To me, it's not just liberal, it's hypocritical to protest one but not the others. I protested neither, even though I am conservative.

I didn't like Clinton's crap either. As neither did millions of others, not liberal in tone.

Quote:
I also think most are looking for a smoking gun link to 9/11 and there won't be one, it is a common link to worldwide terrorism that makes Iraq a justified target.
Please. This administration hasn't linked Iraq to 9/11 or to any terrorism for that matter.

Quote:
I think the only time people dislike being labeled is when the label fits, but you don't want to wear it. Call me a death penalty loving conservative, and I will proudly say I am one. I don't hide the fact that my philosophy and that label are the same.
No, its when someone pigeonholes you based on one part of your philosophy. Liberterians are against war with direct threat and hate the welfare state and large government. Are they conservative? Are they liberal? Republican? Democrat?

As far as your draft dodging Clinton comment, Bush ain't too much better.

Lets see....

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030411.html

Quote:
Yeah, the mainstream media have really kept a lid on this one. We wouldn't know anything about Bush going AWOL if it hadn't been for that obscure underground newspaper the Boston Globe, which broke the story nationally in May 2000. But you're right that coverage has been pretty thin. A few months after the 2000 election, former Bill Clinton adviser Paul Begala said he'd done a Nexis search and found 13,641 stories about Clinton's alleged draft dodging versus 49 about George W. Bush's military record. Why the disparity? We'll get to that. First the basics: Yes, it's true, Bush didn't report to his guard unit for an extended period--17 months, by one account. It wasn't considered that serious an offense at the time, and if circumstances were different now I'd be inclined to write it off as youthful irresponsibility. However, given the none-too-subtle suggestion by the Bush administration that opponents of our Iraqi excursion lack martial valor, I have to say: You guys should talk.

Here's the story as generally agreed upon: In January 1968, with the Vietnam war in full swing, Bush was due to graduate from Yale. Knowing he'd soon be eligible for the draft, he took an air force officers' test hoping to secure a billet with the Texas Air National Guard, which would allow him to do his military service at home. Bush didn't do particularly well on the test--on the pilot aptitude section, he scored in the 25th percentile, the lowest possible passing grade. But Bush's father, George H.W., was then a U.S. congressman from Houston, and strings were pulled. The younger Bush vaulted to the head of a long waiting list--a year and a half long, by some estimates--and in May of '68 he was inducted into the guard.

By all accounts Bush was an excellent pilot, but apparently his enthusiasm cooled. In 1972, four years into his six-year guard commitment, he was asked to work for the campaign of Bush family friend Winton Blount, who was running for the U.S. Senate in Alabama. In May Bush requested a transfer to an Alabama Air National Guard unit with no planes and minimal duties. Bush's immediate superiors approved the transfer, but higher-ups said no. The matter was delayed for months. In August Bush missed his annual flight physical and was grounded. (Some have speculated that he was worried about failing a drug test--the Pentagon had instituted random screening in April.) In September he was ordered to report to a different unit of the Alabama guard, the 187th Tactical Reconnaissance Group in Montgomery. Bush says he did so, but his nominal superiors say they never saw the guy, there's no documentation he ever showed up, and not one of the six or seven hundred soldiers then in the unit has stepped forward to corroborate Bush's story.

After the November election Bush returned to Texas, but apparently didn't notify his old Texas guard unit for quite a while, if ever. The Boston Globe initially reported that he started putting in some serious duty time in May, June, and July of 1973 to make up for what he'd missed. But according to a piece in the New Republic, there's no evidence Bush did even that. Whatever the case, even though his superiors knew he'd blown off his duties, they never disciplined him. (No one's ever been shot at dawn for missing a weekend guard drill, but policy at the time was to put shirkers on active duty.) Indeed, when Bush decided to go to business school at Harvard in the fall of 1973, he requested and got an honorable discharge--eight months before his service was scheduled to end.

Bush's enemies say all this proves he was a cowardly deserter. Nonsense. He was a pampered rich kid who took advantage. Why wasn't he called on it in a serious way during the 2000 election? Probably because Democrats figured they'd get Clinton's draft-dodging thing thrown back at them. Not that it matters. If history judges Bush harshly--and it probably will--it won't be for screwing up as a young smart aleck, but for getting us into this damn fool war.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Lifer

I never said Bush was perfect, just that between he and Clinton, I choose Bush. I even voted for Clinton in '92. He and all liberals let me down terribly when they just sat by while he lied under oath and had sex with Monica on his desk. I think your choice between the two of them kinda puts your political label pretty obvious. I had no problems with libertarians until I watched Bill Mahrer a few times, he's a nimrod IMO.

I love the popular vote comment, my brother hangs his hat on it, too bad we don't elect our president by popular vote. Anyone who claims that Bush's presidency is illegitimate based upon the popular vote comment is, IMO, talking sour grapes.

We can agree to disagre, but if you are only protesting this war and not other military action by liberal presidents, it is politically based, not intellectually based IMO.

I am no research guru, but common sense, based on world events the last 2 decades or so, shows Iraq to be a state that is supportive of terrorism.

There is nothing wrong with protesting in our country, just some people have a problem with people protesting while their are Americans men and women dying overseas.

I find it ironic that people like the dipsy chicks want to speak their mind protesting the war but when people say they aren't going to buy their records, they immediately claim it is unfair. Speak your mind and protest, just be ready to suffer the consequences.

I also let me my frustration with my very liberal brother influence my comments on here, and I shouldn't have.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 04:27 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Quote:
I can find 100s of pesticides in Home Depot I would rather not have sprayed on me. But I use them in my lawn (MSMA just this morning).
Don't spray that crap yet you ol fauck! The MSMA needs a little more heat to be really effective. And MSMA is harmless to you, I surely have dumped gallons of it on my arms through the years. But hey, I only have a spraying license, what do I know. Hey, just wanting to argue with you, haven't been on the board lately, and I miss you!
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 04:39 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by lilthumper
Don't spray that crap yet you ol fauck! The MSMA needs a little more heat to be really effective. And MSMA is harmless to you, I surely have dumped gallons of it on my arms through the years. But hey, I only have a spraying license, what do I know. Hey, just wanting to argue with you, haven't been on the board lately, and I miss you!
Thump! Where ya' been? Yea, I figured I needed a little more heat, but its getting up into the mid-80s, so I thought I'd take a shot. Of course the freakin downpour we had last night didn't help a freaking beat.

Getting tired of trimming the dallisgrass twice a week and I'll be damned if I'll be pulling that shit out by hand.

What kind of spraying do you do?
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 06:25 PM
Thread Kill

what in the hell do they need pesticides for over there ?

are they afraid bugs are gonna eat their dirt ?
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 06:33 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour
what in the hell do they need pesticides for over there ?

are they afraid bugs are gonna eat their dirt ?
Haha. Those sand chiggers are a beatch.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 10:00 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Quote:

What kind of spraying do you do?
I started a lawn company out of highschool and then got my sprayin license. Got sick of the heat in about 4 years! I forgot, you are in Dallas, OKC is barely touching 80. You want it above 80 during the day and above 68 at night. The thing that makes the MSMA work it light and heat, it won't work unless the plant "digests" it during the "cycle". Which works best in heat and sunshine. MSMA is a selective ingredient unlike round-up, which is non-selective and goes right after the root of every plant. The MSMA works with the grassy-plants leaf just like the "trimec" works with the broadleaf plants leaf. Always wait as LONG as you can after application to cut your grass. And if you get a good application, then it don't matter none if it rains in 24hrs, its already in the sum bitch. But wait to cut the plant for a week or more if you can. If that store bought stuff don't work, let me know and I can send you 3 ounces of the good commercial shiat. But I am sure a stupid rag head like you won't know nuttin to do with grass killin.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 04-30-2003, 10:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by lilthumper
I started a lawn company out of highschool and then got my sprayin license. Got sick of the heat in about 4 years! I forgot, ...
Lol. No, but I can kill a sand chigger like a mofo!

Damn, I hate to tell you this... My daughter is looking pretty good for a scholarship to OKC University in Dance Arts. Another rag head in your fine city... Don't worry, she has another 10 years to go, although, she will probably start summer intensives in about 2 years.

Fuck the topic, we are talking serious stuff here, my turf!

I'm hoping we can get some warmer nights in DFW so the soil temp can rise. We bought this house in Dec, sod was laid in Nov. Before that it was a wonderful field of Dallisgrass for the cow to chew on.

I've been mowing quiet frequently, to keep the dallisgrass from shading out the bermuda, but I need some higher temps for the bermuda to come alive.

Do you make DFW much? As much bantering we do back and forth, I figure I owe you at least one pitcher of your choice.
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 01:22 PM
Recovering Lush

Against the will of the world???
Did you forget that this was the 4th largest military coalition ever assembled?
How the hell is that against the will of the world?
Against you and a few Bush/America hating socialists, yes.
Agaisnt the world, no.
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 01:26 PM
Pushed to the limit

I was actually abroad when the war started.

Try talking to people from other countries before you spew your crap.

Here I am in Madrid just before the protests turned to riots. Ever feel like you had better hide your American passport before something really bad happened to you?

I guess I should add that the Spanish government was actually backing the war while about 85% of the country was against it.

I didnt forget but I would feel a lot better if the 4th largest coalition was less than 50% American.

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
Agaisnt the world, no.

Last edited by PWTRTXSS; 05-01-2003 at 01:46 PM.
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Lifer

Already got plans for a 7 year-old to attend school on a dance scholarship? Damn...no pressure, huh? Have been through all that with my senior (except soccer, not dance). Her academics actually got her the money (which is almost always the case), but she was heavily recruited to play, and will.

post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 05:10 PM
Recovering Lush

Uhm, America was only ONE country in the fourth largest coalition of countries ever assembled for a war. So, from a country standpoint, America was......3% or so, since each country would have its own, equal value. i dont know the total number of countries, more than 30, less than 60, so between 1-3%, regardless.
Now if you're talking manpower, that's apples and oranges.
And no, I never have, nor ever will, feel ashamed or frightened of being a member of the greatest country to ever grace Earth with her presence.

Quote:
Agaisnt the world, no.
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Uhm, America was only ONE country in the fourth largest coalition of countries ever assembled for a war. So, from a country standpoint, America was......3% or so, since each country would have its own, equal value. i dont know the total number of countries, more than 30, less than 60, so between 1-3%, regardless.
Now if you're talking manpower, that's apples and oranges.
And no, I never have, nor ever will, feel ashamed or frightened of being a member of the greatest country to ever grace Earth with her presence.

You said "military" coalition in your post so I figured you were talking about military forces which is manpower. Tell me that the U.S. didn't supply at least 50% of the muscle. Each country having equal value in a coalition doesn't mean squat unless they pony up equal forces and equal responsibility...unless you are trying to prove a point that doesn't really mean anything. If it was a real coaltion, then all of those countries would have an equal say in what happens with Iraq. I don't see that happening either.

I wonder how brave and indignant you would be when you are surrounded by 100 - 200 thousand people who are looking to destroy anything that is American. I really do wonder if you would be that big of a cowboy. I wouldn't wish it upon you but I would like to know. I guess if you never go anywhere, you will never have to worry about it.

Buying dogs kills.
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Lifer

If you're not a piss-ant country with a crazed dictator running it, you don't have to worry about 100-200 thousand people wanting to kick your ass. If the last administration had been kickin' ass instead of kissin' ass, we would not have had to show our ultra-dominate forces.

post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 07:19 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
If you're not a piss-ant country with a crazed dictator running it, you don't have to worry about 100-200 thousand people wanting to kick your ass. If the last administration had been kickin' ass instead of kissin' ass, we would not have had to show our ultra-dominate forces.
That's right but I was talking about the the anti-war protests/riots that I was caught up in when I was in Spain in March. I just walked out of the metro and BAM, there it was. Thousands of American haters for as far as you could see.

Buying dogs kills.
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 08:51 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
Already got plans for a 7 year-old to attend school on a dance scholarship? Damn...no pressure, huh? Have been through all that with my senior (except soccer, not dance). Her academics actually got her the money (which is almost always the case), but she was heavily recruited to play, and will.
No pressure. I figure if I wasn't paying for 6 hours/8 hours of dance each week, I would be able to fund her college education. As it is now, she'll need the scholarship. :-)

I started her with tennis/golf/basketball at 3-4 yrs old, but she kept gravitating back to that dang dance. She's already 4' 8" and 70 lbs, there has to be an athlete in there waiting to get out. I have visions of the whiteboy's answer to the Williams sisters.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Lifer

If dance is her thing, then let her roll! For years, I've seen parents force their kids to play a sport that they didn't have a passion for...just did it for "mom" or "dad". That wears off, and leaves some long-lasting resentment. There are WAY too many 300lb. mama's re-living misspent youths, through their kids. Sounds like she's already an athlete...just trying to find her "thing". There is NOTHING more attractive than a fit, wholesome young lady.

post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Lifer

Re: Bush Hits Paydirt!!!

Quote:
To all you doubting Mustafa's who said we fought the war for nothing just because we didn't find chemical agents at the local strip mall in Bagdad... What do you have to say know? They found a dozen 55 gallon drums of chemical agents and will probably find more.
So can you tell us if those chemicals turned out to be WMD's?

That's funny, I figured they would be able to find them right off the bat, considering how much they were preaching about it. Didn't Colon Powell have photos that he showed the UN? Hmmm..

Quote:
That's what happens when you talk too soon, you end up sounding like a democrat who voted for a president who wouldn't have even gone over there.
(N E A R B A Y J I, Iraq, April 28 — Two days of tests which identified dangerous chemicals in more than a dozen 55-gallon drums found in Northern Iraq appear to have been wrong.)

That's ironic. Are you trying to tell us you're one of those crazy liberal Democrat's. Or, are you one of those butt-fuckin right wingers who likes to steal people's money any way you can without any concern for their welfare. AKA - American Airlines execs, Enron execs, etc, ect..

Quote:
For those of you who don't like the fact that Bush has proved (Did you mean "proven"?) you wrong... "Here's a quarter, call the Dixie Chicks, maybe they care!"
So he's proven us wrong? How? Where are the WMD.s?

While I'm glad we got rid of Saddam and his cronies based on the fact of their human rights violations, I don't trust bush (or anybody in government). They will tell the sheeple anything, knowing that the majority will believe them. You are a great example.

Anyway, I wanted to point out how you sounded like a little girl, "I told you so, I told you so, nanny nanny booboo.

So, ..
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-02-2003, 12:54 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Quote:

Do you make DFW much? As much bantering we do back and forth, I figure I owe you at least one pitcher of your choice.
Daughter moving to OKC? Wow, I think some of the raghead chics are kinda hot!! I will be down for FFW for sure, I occasionally come down to check out some of AlP's junk. I'll see ya at FFW!
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 12:26 PM

Quote:
You wouldn't think you'd need a whole hell of a lot of pesticides in the freakin' desert! But what you do have should definitely be stored in drums and buried in the desert until you need it.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 01:46 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 427 camaro
You wouldn't think you'd need a whole hell of a lot of pesticides in the freakin' desert! But what you do have should definitely be stored in drums and buried in the desert until you need it.
Obviously, you don't know the geography of Iraq or you would know the northern Iraq (from Baghdad, north) is far from desert.

Go read up on the Kirkuk region.

Thanks for playing.
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-04-2003, 11:22 PM

obviously i don't. let me go study up on that and i'll get right back to ya. lucky for me you seem to know everything. So tell me, old fawker, why they buried those drums of "pesticide" in the middle of the part of Iraq that IS a desert.

Last edited by 427 camaro; 05-04-2003 at 11:26 PM.
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-05-2003, 08:23 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by 427 camaro
obviously i don't. let me go study up on that and i'll get right back to ya. lucky for me you seem to know everything. So tell me, old fawker, why they buried those drums of "pesticide" in the middle of the part of Iraq that IS a desert.
Do you actually realize that even here in the US we use pesticides in desert regions? That some people actually grow stuff in desert climates? Of course not.

But, in this case, it's a non-issue. The drums were found to contain conventional rocket fuel by further analysis (analysis done here, stateside).

But, of course, if you actually would get your news from a source other than the FoxNews ticker, you might have actually known this little tidbit of information.

Trying to sound smart from a position of ignorance is never a good thing. Just though I'd share.
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Do you actually realize that even here in the US we use pesticides in desert regions? That some people actually grow stuff in desert climates? Of course not.

But, in this case, it's a non-issue. The drums were found to contain conventional rocket fuel by further analysis (analysis done here, stateside).

But, of course, if you actually would get your news from a source other than the FoxNews ticker, you might have actually known this little tidbit of information.

Trying to sound smart from a position of ignorance is never a good thing. Just though I'd share.

DEPRECIATION: WHAT A BITCH:

Used Car Consumer Prices

May 8, 2003

2001 Ford MUSTANG-V8

Coupe 2 Door Cobra (5 Spd.)

Average Trade-In................. Average Retail
......... $22,025...................................... $24,925

Last edited by 427 camaro; 05-09-2003 at 01:23 AM.
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 07:31 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

01WhiteCobra, being an asshole to hold your ground and claiming other peoples opinons or thoughts are ignorant is not a very good debate tatic.

Bush is set with a needle in the haystack job right now of finding the shit, will your mindset change if/when we uncover the first multi truck load batch of anthrax or some other random deadly virii? I'm sure some people will think it was planted goods via US seeing as we are the worlds worst threat.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 10:15 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by AbecX
01WhiteCobra, being an asshole to hold your ground and claiming other peoples opinons or thoughts are ignorant is not a very good debate tatic.

Bush is set with a needle in the haystack job right now of finding the shit, will your mindset change if/when we uncover the first multi truck load batch of anthrax or some other random deadly virii? I'm sure some people will think it was planted goods via US seeing as we are the worlds worst threat.
Abecx, being an uninformed asshole is never a good debate tatic.

The reason they went into Iraq for WMD reasons was because of faulty intelligence.

Please tell me where I called someone's thoughts ignorant, or implied such. Except for your stupid ass.
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 10:46 AM
¯\(º_o)/¯

Quote:
Abecx, being an uninformed asshole is never a good debate tatic.
True, but you arent the kind of guy to stoop to the level of calling people ignoramiouses ( sp? ). I guess you had just 'had enough'.
Quote:
The reason they went into Iraq for WMD reasons was because of faulty intelligence.
Nah, we went to war because of oil.
Quote:
Please tell me where I called someone's thoughts ignorant, or implied such. Except for your stupid ass.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 11:00 AM
Pushed to the limit

Abecx,

You have an issue with 01 calling someone's opinions ignorant?

Buying dogs kills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement