JetBlue turns traitor! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2003, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

JetBlue turns traitor!

Buys 65 A320 from Airbus with an option to buy 50 more. Almost 4 billion worth of planes from a company founded by the French and Germans (later UK and Spain).

Sacre blu'!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 07:14 AM
TWIN SPINNER

It is not really that simple.

In their defense they started buying AirBus aircraft a few years back and could not have known what was to take place.
With that said, low-cost carriers thrive for several reasons. Probably the most important one though is flying with a standardized fleet (one type) of aircraft. Southwest does the same thing. It greatly improves flight schedualing, simplifies training and makes maintenance workers masters of that particular aircraft. Now compare that to an airline like American that uses 10 different aircraft.

So I can't blame them for not going against the phylosophy that has helped to make them so successful. Can you?

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 09:22 AM

I don't know a whole lot about the airline industry, but why couldn't they have just bought from Boeing and supported the American economy?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
It is not really that simple.

In their defense they started buying AirBus aircraft a few years back and could not have known what was to take place.
With that said, low-cost carriers thrive for several reasons. Probably the most important one though is flying with a standardized fleet (one type) of aircraft. Southwest does the same thing. It greatly improves flight schedualing, simplifies training and makes maintenance workers masters of that particular aircraft. Now compare that to an airline like American that uses 10 different aircraft.

So I can't blame them for not going against the phylosophy that has helped to make them so successful. Can you?
Josh, if you know my posts, you know I posted this thread tongue in cheek. In reality, I've owned JetBlue stock since its tank to the low 20s in mid-Oct of last year.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 01:29 PM
Pushed to the limit

if I recall correctly, JetBlue has never bought Boeing or anything outside of AirBus.

Are they still traitors or just doing what they have to do to stay in business and make money doing it?

Business is business.

Buying dogs kills.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by PWTRTXSS
if I recall correctly, JetBlue has never bought Boeing or anything outside of AirBus.

Are they still traitors or just doing what they have to do to stay in business and make money doing it?

Business is business.
Again, it was tongue in cheek. JetBlue can buy anything (legal) it wants to.

It goes with the list of French Companies I posted before of everything else we should boycott to be "good Americans".

Which was also tongue in cheek to go with all the changes from "French Fries" to "Freedom Fries" and "French Toast" to "Freedom Toast" and all the pouring of French wine into the gutters.

Hell, through Renault's majority ownership of Nissan, Renault is a large customer of mine. I'm writing a proposal for a RFP I received from them today. A nice big fat one.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2003, 02:35 PM
Pushed to the limit

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Again, it was tongue in cheek. JetBlue can buy anything (legal) it wants to.

It goes with the list of French Companies I posted before of everything else we should boycott to be "good Americans".

Which was also tongue in cheek to go with all the changes from "French Fries" to "Freedom Fries" and "French Toast" to "Freedom Toast" and all the pouring of French wine into the gutters.

Hell, through Renault's majority ownership of Nissan, Renault is a large customer of mine. I'm writing a proposal for a RFP I received from them today. A nice big fat one.
My post wasn't for you.

Buying dogs kills.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2003, 11:06 PM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
Originally posted by sbaxter
I don't know a whole lot about the airline industry, but why couldn't they have just bought from Boeing and supported the American economy?
I suppose they could have 5 years ago when the company started but it's a little late for that now. All they own are A320s and that is all they will fly until that aircraft is obsolete. I am not sure why they chose AirBus but for whatever reason AirBus' offer must have been more attractive than Boeing's.

I follow ya old fawk

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement