Anyone hear about the Iraqi protesting? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Anyone hear about the Iraqi protesting?

I saw on cspan that they wanted the "American Occupation" out of their country that we just free'd. Whats up with that shit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:41 AM
Time Served

I seriously doubt that that will happen. In my opinion they might end up setting up a base over there and they will keep rotating our soldiers in and out. Kinda like how they are doing with Korea, of course it will be a hardship tour, and the soldiers should get hazardous duty pay and seperation pay. In my opinion we should keep our presence strongly felt in that region.

- NTOSVO's wife
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

I know we arent just going to get up and leave, but its really annoying to see that shiznit on tv because the panzifists are going to say we need to get the fudge out of there.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:05 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by NTOSVO
I seriously doubt that that will happen. In my opinion they might end up setting up a base over there and they will keep rotating our soldiers in and out. Kinda like how they are doing with Korea, of course it will be a hardship tour, and the soldiers should get hazardous duty pay and seperation pay. In my opinion we should keep our presence strongly felt in that region.

- NTOSVO's wife
It's already happening.

Quote:
The protest was small compared with the 20,000 who marched today in Nasiriya against the American presence in Iraq, but it was the largest such demonstration in Baghdad yet, prompting the marines to seal off the hotel, and the Sheraton next door, for several hours and to beef up security.
Quite a few more people than were present at the toppling of the Saddam statue. You won't see that on Fox News. Like I've said all along, the Iraqi population might hate Saddam, but they don't like the US much more.

Free To Protest, Iraqis Complain About The US

Many Iraqis Turn Anger Towards US

20,000 Iraqis Protest, 'No To America, No To Saddam'
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:14 AM
Lifer

At least they have the RIGHT to protest, courtesy of Uncle Sam....

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:16 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vertnut
At least they have the RIGHT to protest, courtesy of Uncle Sam....
Yep.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:19 AM
Lifer

I hope the Iraqi's (and the rest of the world) take notice that we aren't gassing folks because of the protests. I have to respect that right that we have given them...a great example of FREEDOM.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:03 AM
Time Served

I think it is kind of funny. Just a few days ago, we were watching TV and their were some Iraqis who were saying stuff like "We love Bush" and things similar to that ( I know it was just a few compared to the Iraqi nation, but still...)nature and now all of a sudden, and now they want us to pick up and haul out. I don't think so. It amazes me how ungrateful people are around the world. Just my opinion......

-NTOSVO's wife
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Lifer

Has NTOSVO ever actually posted, or is it always his wife?

You need to register yourself as -NTOSVO's wife.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Time Served

OH I KNOW!!!

I have tried and tried to register but for some reason it won't let me. He wants me to make sure that everyone knows it is me and not him just in case I tick someone off or something.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Lifer

Was that you or your wife?

LOL
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:37 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by NTOSVO
I think it is kind of funny. Just a few days ago, we were watching TV and their were some Iraqis who were saying stuff like "We love Bush" and things similar to that ( I know it was just a few compared to the Iraqi nation, but still...)nature and now all of a sudden, and now they want us to pick up and haul out. I don't think so. It amazes me how ungrateful people are around the world. Just my opinion......

-NTOSVO's wife
It's easy to portray anything you want on television.

Give it time. Regardless of the tyrant Saddam was, you have to remember there were quite a few civilian causalties also. The bulk of these people in the cities have lived under Saddam's rule unscathed, oppressed, but alive. They are now looking at a situation where they have unexploded cluster bomblets in their trees, on their roofs, in their grass and lost relatives.

The bulk of people in Baghdad weren't tortured under Saddam's rule (oppressed but not tortured). Given the choice between being oppressed and living with your wife and children and being free but without a home or your wife and children, I guess alot of people would take the oppression.

They haven't truly tasted any freedom yet.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 10:54 AM
Time Served

True................ but I was under the impression that Saddam would not let his civilians flee from their homes even though he knew we were coming. I was informed that he would set up huge weapons at peoples home so if his soldiers saw that the family was trying to escape they would be "dealt with" by his soldiers. IMO they should be just as much if not more disgruntal towards Saddam and his outrageous acts on humanity as with our military. It did not help that his soldiers were dressed as civilians and also using civilians as body shields. I could not imagine the feelings of confusion and compassion that our boys felt over there while being attacked by someone who may have been using a woman or a child as a bullet vest.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 11:01 AM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

All the protests shows is that we have to work in earnest to get things running in Iraq again and get them securly on the road to self government. I wouldn't be surprised if we did keep a base in Western Iraq (boy that would scare the shit out of Syria) but for the most part I think most American troops will be out of there by this time next year.

It was good to hear that over 2000 Iraqi civilians showed up to be volunteer police. It sounds like they might be ready for self governance sooner than we expected.

Remember one thing, the Iraqi people for the most part are not uneducated. There are tons of college grads there. An educated populace is one that can be free.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 01:06 PM
Time Served

Given the choice between being oppressed and living with your wife and children and being free but without a home or your wife and children, I guess alot of people would take the oppression.

alot of coward would.

the only reason why they died was because a coward would not take on the us, away from the women and children
he wanted every one to look at the us and frown even though it was his choice to use human sheilds(i think he got this idea from the americans thet went up there to protect his ass with the human shield<--these people should be seen as traitors).

any rational man with balls would welcome death if they had a chance to gain freedom for his family from an oppressor. Too bad noone over there had any balls handy.

excuse me for what your about to read
i cant stand the way those ungrateful bastads want us gone thats why i would have just nuked them all and that would show that we are seriouse about terror &
1 it would have been cheaper than a war
2 no americans would have died for those ingrate
3 no guessing if sadam made it out alive
4 any one that is protecting any terrorist or bin laden and his group would give them up in a heart beat
5 did binladen go to the un and ask if he could run a coulpe of planes into our buildings

sorry the ranting is over
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 02:46 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by uberkool

alot of coward would.

So, the Iraqi civilians are cowards now?
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
So, the Iraqi civilians are cowards now?
yep

is there any other way to see it
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 04:04 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
yep

is there any other way to see it
Obviously, not for you.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 04:31 PM
Time Served

ok let me put it in a way you can under stand

your wife is being slaped over and over agian and the only way tho stop him is to get in the middle of him and your wife and kick his ass but he also has a friend in the bushes and that guy has a gun pointed at your wife ready to shoot if some one enterfears whith his slapping.

so the way your thinking is to do nothing
cuz she is safer being slaped then to be shot.

i would take the chance and get in the way of the gun and her and comence to kicking his ass. if i got shot at least she would be ok, and you never thought to think that the gun was never loaded it was there to scare you, or hes just a really bad aim

just
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 04:42 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
ok let me put it in a way you can under stand

your wife is being slaped over and over agian and the only way tho stop him is to get in the middle of him and your wife and kick his ass but he also has a friend in the bushes and that guy has a gun pointed at your wife ready to shoot if some one enterfears whith his slapping.

so the way your thinking is to do nothing
cuz she is safer being slaped then to be shot.

i would take the chance and get in the way of the gun and her and comence to kicking his ass. if i got shot at least she would be ok, and you never thought to think that the gun was never loaded it was there to scare you, or hes just a really bad aim

just
Of course, your wrong assumption is that everyone's wife is getting slapped around.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 08:38 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Hey guys, 01cobra is an educated guy that has ties to the middle east. He will school you on some things that you are unenlightened on and will also show great bias towards all the rag heads. It is really futile to argue with him. He will either make you look stupid or he will blindly argue with you. He is a little left of center with Arab bias. Therefore he will not sound like the crazy Mike Moores, or CNN, but he is still sleeping on the left. That is why he is a little hard to argue with. He hides his liberalism very well, he will even tell you he voted for GWB, but we all know the only reason he did that is to get away from the sick act of GORE and CLINTON. He doesn't really "agree" with anything GWB is doing. And when he shows you pics of killed arab children and tells you of "Iraqi resistance", just ask him what good the Arab part of the world has done for this world. He will reply, ..."well, they pump lots of oil and they have invented...................... and they like to kill each other." Then you need to ask him what bad the US has done for the world and he will write you a book. Good day! thumpthump.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2003, 09:19 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Just when I think we come to an understanding lilthump, you open your mouth again.

First off, you are damn skippy. If there wasn't oil in the Middle East, the US wouldn't give a shake of piss to the Middle East.

Your pro rag head comment describes your true roots, which is racism. As long as you understand that, cool. You are a racist.

As far as the drivel about be left and voting for Bush because I was tired of the antics of Clinton and Gore, you are totally off base (as usual).

I am a member of the Republican Liberty Caucus. Its affiliated with the GOP. The goal of RLC is to elect pro-liberty individuals to office. We are for phasing out any forgein aid and against interventionism (like this war). The war on terror has done more to take away liberties in this country that anything else in this country's 200+ years of existence. While you and the rest of the parrot heads are rah-rahing the fall of Saddam, check out what Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) is proposing regarding the Patriot Act (the most misnamed Act ever).

The RLC always endores the GOP nominee (which is why GWB got my vote), but we may endorse others in primaries.

I agree with some of what GWB and his administration have done, I disagree with things he has done. His intervention in Iraq is one thing I disagree with, just as I disagreed with Clinton and his intervention in the Balkans, Haiti and Kosovo.

The reason I don't sound like Micheal Moore is because I don't share his views. Duh.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:05 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Just when I think we come to an understanding lilthump, you open your mouth again.

First off, you are damn skippy. If there wasn't oil in the Middle East, the US wouldn't give a shake of piss to the Middle East.

Your pro rag head comment describes your true roots, which is racism. As long as you understand that, cool. You are a racist.
Right right about the oil. Why don't we just take over Kuwait, or how bout Venez in S. America. Lots easier and plenty of oil. And why do you use the word racism. Is that all you can throw out when someone clearly sees the truth? I think the correct word for me is discrimination -- "the ability to see or make distinctions." So you using racism is a little lacking as would be you using the word prejudice--"hatred of a paticular group" "detriment caused to a person by the unfavorable conviction of another." I can be discriminate of all races and all sexes, I see it as the simple ability to look at the actions of a person or persons and make a logical guess of their future behavior. And I therefor look at the Middle East as a threat to me and my family. I personally think the world would be a better place if it all fell into the ocean. Thats just my dumbass opinion.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:45 PM
None

Back to the topic...

The protesters are more than likely being paid to do so by an outside source (syria, iran, etc)

90.1 has had several stories about how other countries are hiring up crowds of poor villagers, making them signs and then sending them in to "protest".
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 12:50 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by lilthumper
Right right about the oil. Why don't we just take over Kuwait, or how bout Venez in S. America. Lots easier and plenty of oil.
We took over Iraq in about 3 weeks. How much easier do you want it? Wonder how long US companies will be running Iraq oil until its turned back over to them?

Quote:
And why do you use the word racism. Is that all you can throw out when someone clearly sees the truth? I think the correct word for me is discrimination -- "the ability to see or make distinctions." So you using racism is a little lacking as would be you using the word prejudice--"hatred of a paticular group" "detriment caused to a person by the unfavorable conviction of another." I can be discriminate of all races and all sexes, I see it as the simple ability to look at the actions of a person or persons and make a logical guess of their future behavior. And I therefor look at the Middle East as a threat to me and my family. I personally think the world would be a better place if it all fell into the ocean. Thats just my dumbass opinion.
A study in contradication. You make a case for you not being racist and then say "world would be a better place if it all fell into the ocean". I'll place you right up there with Pol Pot, Stalin and Hilter. Who cares about individual cases, don't the whole lot of them consider Osama their hero? Better to kill them all and sort them all out later! Hell, nothing or nobody good ever came from that region.

Waz that? The largest distributor of American Flags in the world was started by an Arab??? What? He donated a portion of this profits to the 9/11 relief fund? A Palenstinian at that??? The White House is a customer??

Better remove him from the earth, he obviously is plotting something against us.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
\(_o)/

Uberkool = uberstuipd
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 02:05 PM
GO TROOPS!!

Whatever 01cobra. You are babbling. I will continue to always look someone in there eyes and I will be able to get a very good hint of there intentions. I can see an Arab guy and pretty much tell if he hates me. I can look at a black guy that has a rag in his pocket and his pants hanging off his ass, and as soon as he makes eye contact with me, I can tell. I am 90% sure of it. Just like I quickly looked into Kiesha's (black girl) eyes in highschool, I immediatley could see what she was and we became the best of friends. Now, if I was a racist or a truely prejudice person, I would have never given her the time of day. Yesterday, I saw a nasty looking homeless white dude walking across the street, As soon as we made eye contact, I simply looked through him. YES, he is a lazy worthless peice of shit. White-trash, whatever you want to call it. This is my interpritation of discrimination. The Arab nations have had a 100 yrs to clean up their own, and as soon as they attack my country, its time to clean it up for them. Same goes for Africa, they have had 100's of years to take care of their own and they have done nothing but continue to kill each other, enslave each other and so on. But of course, its all whitey's fault. You can twist my words however you wish, but the fact remains that the worlds problems are not the evil white american male's fault.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 02:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by lilthumper
Whatever 01cobra. You are babbling. I will continue to always look someone in there eyes and I will be able to get a very good hint of there intentions. I can see an Arab guy and pretty much tell if he hates me. I can look at a black guy that has a rag in his pocket and his pants hanging off his ass, and as soon as he makes eye contact with me, I can tell. I am 90% sure of it. Just like I quickly looked into Kiesha's (black girl) eyes in highschool, I immediatley could see what she was and we became the best of friends. Now, if I was a racist or a truely prejudice person, I would have never given her the time of day. Yesterday, I saw a nasty looking homeless white dude walking across the street, As soon as we made eye contact, I simply looked through him. YES, he is a lazy worthless peice of shit. White-trash, whatever you want to call it. This is my interpritation of discrimination. The Arab nations have had a 100 yrs to clean up their own, and as soon as they attack my country, its time to clean it up for them. Same goes for Africa, they have had 100's of years to take care of their own and they have done nothing but continue to kill each other, enslave each other and so on. But of course, its all whitey's fault. You can twist my words however you wish, but the fact remains that the worlds problems are not the evil white american male's fault.
Ah yes, the 'my best friend is black" argument! Works everytime.

You were the one that posted the comments. You are now back tracking.

Babbling, yes, something you are highly qualified at.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-18-2003, 02:49 PM
GO TROOPS!!

I'm not backtracking at all. This world would be better off without them. It would fall into the see and then Haliburton and the oil companies could use sea rigs to pump all the oil. And you don't want to hear the "my best friend is a black person"? Ok, how bout my favorite conveniance store is owned by a guy from JORDAN. He's a raghead too, but he has been asimilated by whitey, so he is ok now.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2003, 04:34 AM
Lifer

Nothing like a free society to voice your opion. Would like to see those same people to protest under a regime like hussiens(sp? who cares he was/is an ass)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement