So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
TWIN SPINNER

So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

I'd love to hear something from Michael Moore, Susan Serandon, Janeane Garofalo any of them. Or how about something from all the little pussies on this website that said they dodge the draft.
I'd love to hear them say that it was not worth it after seeing all the smiling faces on the streets of Baghdad today.

de oppresso libre

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 08:17 AM
Time Served

Re: So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
I'd love to hear something from Michael Moore, Susan Serandon, Janeane Garofalo any of them. Or how about something from all the little pussies on this website that said they dodge the draft.
I'd love to hear them say that it was not worth it after seeing all the smiling faces on the streets of Baghdad today.

de oppresso libre
AMEN!!!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 09:28 AM
Punk Ass Bitch

I was just thinking of making a thread about this same thing. Where are all of the little whining bitches now? What do they have to rant and rave about now that all those people are so happy?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 10:07 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

What is interesting is looking at all the times there was major use of American force, you will find a Democrat in charge of the White House almost every time...

WWI - Woodrow Wilson, Democrat
WWII - Franklin Roosevelt, Democrat (worked for more than a 1 1/2 before Pearl Harbor to get US involved in WWII)
Korean War - Harry Truman, Democrat
Vietnam War - JFK/Lydon Johnson, Democrat
Gulf War I - Bush, Republican
Gulf War II - Bush, Republican (although a good argument could be made that Clinton should have a long time ago!)

So 4 out of the 6 major uses of American force came when a Democrat was sitting in the Oval Office.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
What is interesting is looking at all the times there was major use of American force, you will find a Democrat in charge of the White House almost every time...

WWII - Franklin Roosevelt, Democrat (worked for more than a 1 1/2 before Pearl Harbor to get US involved in WWII)
Gulf War II - Bush, Republican (although a good argument could be made that Clinton should have a long time ago!)

So 4 out of the 6 major uses of American force came when a Democrat was sitting in the Oval Office.
A cowboy, an Indian, and a Muslim are sitting in a bar. The Indian says "Once we were many, now we are few....", the muslim chuckles "Once we were few, now we are many!" . The cowboy looks at the muslim and says "That's just cuz we ain't played cowboys and muslims yet.".

The Bush family just wanted to play a little Cowboys and Muslims...I can't blame em!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:29 AM
KEK

Quote:
Originally posted by sbaxter
A cowboy, an Indian, and a Muslim are sitting in a bar. The Indian says "Once we were many, now we are few....", the muslim chuckles "Once we were few, now we are many!" . The cowboy looks at the muslim and says "That's just cuz we ain't played cowboys and muslims yet.".

The Bush family just wanted to play a little Cowboys and Muslims...I can't blame em!
LOL - That was good. I don't think I blame 'em either.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:02 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

Using todays definition of Demoncrat, and applying to Wilson, Roosevelt, and Truman is a stretch.......don't \ya think?
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:06 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
Using todays definition of Demoncrat, and applying to Wilson, Roosevelt, and Truman is a stretch.......don't \ya think?
I never applied anything. Just stated a facts.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:14 PM
Pushed to the limit

Re: So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

This ordeal is far from over.

You do know that the actual overthrow of Saddam was the easy part, right? I want those faces smiling years from now.

Nobody knows what Iraq will look like in 10 or 20 or 30 years.

I have a hard time believing that anybody in the US knows who will be running Iraq a year from now since the war effort was put together pretty hastily.

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh

de oppresso libre

Buying dogs kills.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:15 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
I never applied anything. Just stated a facts.
I understand that...but, were you stating it as random barroom trivia, or was there a point behind it?
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:17 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I understand that...but, were you stating it as random barroom trivia, or was there a point behind it?
Just thought it was some interesting info alot of people didn't know.

You know me, Hook Em, if I had a point, there would be 3 paragraphs behind it.

Barroom trivia is an interesting analogy since I'm sucking down the first Guinness of the day.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Just thought it was some interesting info alot of people didn't know.

You know me, Hook Em, if I had a point, there would be 3 paragraphs behind it.

Barroom trivia is an interesting analogy since I'm sucking down the first Guinness of the day.

Just checking....I had an arguement with someone last noight at the bar, regarding war and Presidents, that was along the same lines...I'm quite happy not to have to rehash it. It was unpleasant to get sucked into while trying to watch the Stars choke away game 1.....Oh well...game 2 Friday will be better!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:36 PM
KEK

IMO - I don't think we should rebuild them. I have a feeling they will get us back, and rebuilding them would just make the day they do it even sooner. I could be wrong, but I just have the feeling.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:51 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:
Originally posted by f0ur sixer
IMO - I don't think we should rebuild them. I have a feeling they will get us back, and rebuilding them would just make the day they do it even sooner. I could be wrong, but I just have the feeling.
Only good comes from rebuilding: Good for us, economically, job wise, and PR wise.
we win on all 3 levels, plus its easier to monitor the situation.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 12:53 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Amen. President Wilson was a racist!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 01:02 PM
KEK

Quote:
Only good comes from rebuilding: Good for us, economically, job wise, and PR wise.
we win on all 3 levels, plus its easier to monitor the situation.
Yes that's true, we can't just let them go on there own. But that could be a very possible thing. Don't doubt them.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro-Israel; Pro-War

Re: Re: So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWTRTXSS

I have a hard time believing that anybody in the US knows who will be running Iraq a year from now since the war effort was put together pretty hastily.
Tha is actually not true, theis war effort has been in planning for over a year. In fact, it should have come to pass alot sooner.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-10-2003, 11:27 PM
Pushed to the limit

Re: Re: Re: So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

so you are telling me that the U.S. knew that Turkey wouldn't cooperate over a year ago? Did the U.S. also know that nobody would find any chemical weapons or weapons of mass destruction three weeks into it? Did we know that the U.N. wouldn't back us over a year ago?

It all seems pretty "on the fly" to me. I don't think there is anything wrong with that when it works. I think we got pretty lucky that we went up against an inferior opponent.

So where is the plan for the future of the region? I bet that there was never a plan for that.

Quote:
Originally posted by red93coupe
Tha is actually not true, theis war effort has been in planning for over a year. In fact, it should have come to pass alot sooner.

Buying dogs kills.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 11:26 AM
Resident Epicurean

Re: Re: Re: Re: So what do the anti-war pacifists have to say about Iraq today.

Quote:
Originally posted by PWTRTXSS
I think we got pretty lucky that we went up against an inferior opponent.
We live in America. We are the world's super power. ALL opponents are inferior when it comes down to it.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Lifer

Lucky my ass. When you are the biggest, baddest boy on the block, piss on luck. People don't understand that in politics, your opponents will ALWAYS find fault in what you do. They might have to go back to 1959 to do it (God save us!), but an argument can and will, always be made.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:41 PM

I read yesterday that Russia Germany and France all want to
get with us and disscuss what they think should be done
with Iraq.

WHATEVER!

Now that we have cleared the field they want to step up to bat!
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 12:53 PM
Lifer

They can send food to Iraq. They can send volunteers for humanity work to Iraq. They can their goddamn wine to Iraq, because we're not buying it here. But...those countries gave up their rights to reap the benefits, by not sacrificing along with us. We scared the shit out of every country on this earth. Funny how North Korea hasn't let out a PEEP lately, huh?

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 01:29 PM
Resident Epicurean

I agree with Vert, it's funny how those other countries want to stand up to us and tell us we are in the wrong..... But then once the shit starts rollin, they all want to help. I guess just about every fifty years or so, we are going to have to start something with someone to prove to the rest of the world, that we haven't lost it yet. And that they aren't as bad as they think they are.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 02:05 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Michael Moore actually did have something to say today, he brought up some interesting , if not typical American, things that have ocurred since his speech and Maine's embarrased to be from Texas speech:

1. The day after his speech attendance at his latest documentary went up 110% (source: Daily Variety)
2. His book, Stupid White Men, is back in the #1 slot of the NY Times best seller list. 50 weeks on there, 4 returns to the #1 spot, something virtually unheard of. (Source: NY Times)
3. He says his email has been mostly positive, but the hate e-mails have been hillarious. (Source: Him)
4. In the two days after the Oscars, more people pre-ordered "Bowling For Columbine" than the Best Picture nod "Chicago" (Source: Amazon.com)
5. He finished up his funding for his next documentary (which is all about the Bush family) and has been offered a slot back on the tele. (Source: Him)

As far as the Dixie Chicks, their album is still Number 2 on the Billboard Country charts, losing the number 1 position this week to some new album.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Recovering Lush

Quote:

5. He finished up his funding for his next documentary (which is all about the Bush family) and has been offered a slot back on the tele. (Source: Him)
"Next" documentary?
That would imply Bowling was a documentary....which is FAR from the truth.
Documentary is not a word I would choose for "Bowling for Columbine." Not a dig on you...a dig on that farce of an award he received.

Last edited by HookEm; 04-11-2003 at 02:45 PM.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 03:04 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
"Next" documentary?
That would imply Bowling was a documentary....which is FAR from the truth.
Documentary is not a word I would choose for "Bowling for Columbine." Not a dig on you...a dig on that farce of an award he received.
He words not mine. The only work I've seen him do ever, was when he had his TV series on for a short spell. Some of it was pretty funny.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Worship me

The reason there were democrats in office in the past is the democrats were the more conservative party at the time. In recent years the roles of the two parties have reversed..

What is funny is that my parents, who are the models for conservative folks everywhere....don't drink, smoke, don't like homos, hate big government, pro-life.....insist on voting a straight democrat ticket in every election. Makes no sense at all to me....
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 04-11-2003, 07:15 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally posted by AL P
What is funny is that my parents, who are the models for conservative folks everywhere....don't drink, smoke, don't like homos, hate big government, pro-life.....insist on voting a straight democrat ticket in every election. Makes no sense at all to me....
My parents never vote, they take George Carlin's stance:

"I get to bitch about government because I don't vote. If I voted than I was responsible for putting these assholes in office. I didn't vote them in, so I get to bitch about them"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement