It is a big embarrasment to hear... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2003, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifer

It is a big embarrasment to hear...

...American parents blamed Bush for the lost of their love ones in Iraq.

Damm...dont they care about protecting the freedom of this country...chicken shits!

It hurts to loose a son or daughter but they dies for a good cause.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 04:22 AM

I think that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I almost died when I saw this on the news. It is a war. It's not a tickling match. People are going to die. It deeply saddens me that good people lose their lives. But they do not die in vein. They die doing something they believe in and they die with more honor than most will ever know. And they do it, not for money or riches, they do it for freedom. Your freedom, my freedom, the freedom that this country was founded on. If the parents of those soldiers who died don't understand that, they are taking something away from their children that have died and no amount of bitching about governments and this and that is going to replace what they took.

Noah
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2003, 08:46 AM
No, I don't have a turbo

Didn't see the story about the parents..

My take- I don't think 100% of the young men and women join the army wanting to go off and fight a war. You see interviews with soldiers where the reporter asks the soldiers what they are doing in Iraq, and they hesitate, then answer "just doing what I'm told. Taking care of business."

I'd wager that if people enlisting in the past were told, "hey, in 2 years you'll be in the middle of Iraq with a high possiblity of dying (not for our freedom necessarily, but for that of the Iraqi people).. Do you still want to enlist? Sure, we'll pay for your school and stuff." that they would say, "hey.. I don't think this is for me."

Todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement