disabled combat vet jailed on memorial day for allegedly not coming to a complet stop - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

disabled combat vet jailed on memorial day for allegedly not coming to a complet stop

Ha

Yes tonight in Farmers Branch I was out riding my chopper, I noticed a police car in the median on Webb Chapel, as I turned to go to my buddies place the cop began to follow me this is very typical when police see me out riding. Almost always I get followed by the police when out on my chopper.

I pulled into my friends driveway and as I was standing on the porch knocking on the door the same police car drove by 2 more times.

My buddy was not home, I left his house knowing there was a cop in the area who was interested in me.

I came to a stop sigh and as I turned right I saw the cop sitting on a side street waiting for me.
He shot in behind me and lit me up right away.

He said I ran the stop sign and turned wide.

My bike is almost 9ft long so turning wide is always how that bike turns.

He interrogated me for a while saying how I looked suspicious and was acting very odd.

I was ultra respectful the entire time to the young officer.

He finally told me I was under arrest, again never did I argue.

I asked him why I was being arrested and he said it was for not stopping at a stop sign and making a wide turn.

He impounded my chopper and took my ass to jail.

I write this 6 hrs later and still have red marks on my wrist from the handcuffs.. :-)

My parents who are very patriotic both cried when they found out I was arrested for such a minor offense.

Again I was not drinking and everything I have explained is entirely accurate.

Nearly $700 dollars later Im out.

Does anyone know a good criminal defense lawyer?

This was so unbelievably wrong.

BTW I'm fairly familiar with traffic law and am a class A CDL semi truck driver with a motorcycle endorsement, not to mention am also a pilot.

Hi Ya'll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

btw

BTW had gone nearly 13 or 16 years since my last traffic ticket or run in with the law.

Seems anyone and everyone I have told about this all say " No way" or people think I was drinking or being rude.

One of the local TV stations has picked up on this and has submitted for the dash cam video.

This should be pretty good.
all the dash cam video is gonna show is me just standing there say yes sir and no sir and me trying to deffend aligations of criminal suspesion to the young officer.

The officer was telling me how weird I was for showing up at someones house without calling first.
I tried to explain to the young officer that I had been going to see the same person and the same house since I was a little kid for the past 26 years.

I truly believe the young officer was interested in the nearly 6ft 3 tall handsome guy riding a 30 thousand dollar motorcycle and was envious of such a man who exhibited such a free demeanor.

I pray the dash cam video gets released "UNEDITED" and that it is played for thousands to see.

Everyone should take notice of this situation for anyone and everyone is subject to jail under the law of the United States.

Yes the police can Legally take anyone to jail that they pull over, minus a traffic ticket and that is if the alleged violator signs the citation.

I wrote the Mayor of Farmers Branch a letter read it because he wrote me back right away.

Me--

Hi
Monday one of your police officers followed me to my friends house.
Then while I was at my friends house the officer drove by 2 more times.

My friend was not home so I left, as I came to the stop sign the officer was sitting up the street watching me, he immediately pulled me over and began interrogating me and demanded to know who's house I was at.
The entire time I was very respectful to the officer and never argued with him.

He told me I was under arrest for not making a full stop at the stop sign, he also told me I would be receiving a ticket for making a wide turn.
The custom motorcycle I was riding is nearly 9ft long and only makes wide turns.

Is this normal to jail someone and impound there vehicle because allegedly not making a full stop at a stop sign?

The Mayor responded with--
Hi ---------, I will pass your email to the staff. Our police Department normally acts in a very courteous Manner on all stops. There may have been criminal activities happening in the area you were in an there could have been increased patrol. Again we normally do not impound vehicles for simple traffic violations. I am sure someone will be back to you with a explanation. Thank you. Mayor Glancy

Still no one has gotten back to me with a explanation, I understand this because they screwed up in a big way and who wants to give a explanation for a major screw up from the Police dept?

Hi Ya'll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement