Palin says.... - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Palin says....

she thinks she could beat Obama in '12.


I am not sure if she is just stirring the pot or if she is serious. One thing I think is for sure, the Republicans (hopefully lots of conservatives so we have choices) will be lining up to win the candidacy and unseat the Messiah.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Resident Curmudgeon
 
mardyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beautiful East Texas
Posts: 3,232
I can only hope that the Republican strategists are working on a viable candidate for us to back this time... no more pasty old white guys (McCain) and certainly not Palin, and I hope not Perry either.

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

mardyn is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn View Post
I can only hope that the Republican strategists are working on a viable candidate for us to back this time... no more pasty old white guys (McCain) and certainly not Palin, and I hope not Perry either.

mardyn
I am not sure I am comfortable with a person endorsed by the old style strategists though. I have a feeling that by next summer there will be over 10 people who are positioning themselves for a run at Obama. It doesn't have to be Palin, but I hope they are a Palin style conservative. Not just in foreign and domestic policy, but also in moral issues.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
I really hope Paul Ryan gets into the mix.

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 184
sorry guys i hate to sound arrogant but i'm smarter than palin. i want my president to be smarter than i am. i want like rand or ron paul in there. someone who will try to end the fed
92Gt5liter is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
sorry guys i hate to sound arrogant but i'm smarter than palin. i want my president to be smarter than i am. i want like rand or ron paul in there. someone who will try to end the fed
Just out of curiosity, why do you think Palin is not all that smart? Or are you a Rhoades scholar?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 06:02 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ellis County
Posts: 18,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
sorry guys i hate to sound arrogant but i'm smarter than palin. i want my president to be smarter than i am. i want like rand or ron paul in there. someone who will try to end the fed
Ron Paul is a mummy. Please give up on him being POTUS. His son is fine, but has no experience. I suggest that whomever the Reps run in '12, will be better than the socialist ass-hat we currently have in office.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
Vertnut is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Just out of curiosity, why do you think Palin is not all that smart? Or are you a Rhoades scholar?
i can hear her speaking when she talks.

she gives off that typical politician vibe. in short, she doesn't feel very genuine to me. i want someone who is a real people person and who feels genuine. also people willing to publicly humiliate themselves for personal advancement is a turn off to me.
92Gt5liter is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
i can hear her speaking when she talks.

she gives off that typical politician vibe. in short, she doesn't feel very genuine to me. i want someone who is a real people person and who feels genuine. also people willing to publicly humiliate themselves for personal advancement is a turn off to me.
Fair enough. I just feel the exact opposite about her.

Can you name any politicians that you have good feelings about?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 184
lots, but I was told to "forget" about them. there is some governor in jersey that looks to be roughly 10 times smarter than palin that i would vote for in a heartbeat. i hope he'll run for prez some day. he doesn't seem to be falling all over himself to publicly humiliate himself by doing reality tv lol. sorry man but palin just comes off to me as another circus clown sideshow freak. like i said i want seriousness not ridiculousness. i don't succumb to the cult of personality. i've never been one to buy into hype either. this is all just my humble opinion. who knows maybe she would be the greatest prez since George Washington. just my personal feelings on the matter.
92Gt5liter is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ft worth
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by paladin View Post
fair enough. I just feel the exact opposite about her.

Can you name any politicians that you have good feelings about?
ryan, christie

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy." Winston Churchill
razrbak is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
lots, but I was told to "forget" about them. there is some governor in jersey that looks to be roughly 10 times smarter than palin that i would vote for in a heartbeat. i hope he'll run for prez some day. he doesn't seem to be falling all over himself to publicly humiliate himself by doing reality tv lol. sorry man but palin just comes off to me as another circus clown sideshow freak. like i said i want seriousness not ridiculousness. i don't succumb to the cult of personality. i've never been one to buy into hype either. this is all just my humble opinion. who knows maybe she would be the greatest prez since George Washington. just my personal feelings on the matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by razrbak View Post
ryan, christie
Fair enough.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
its tough to say where palin sits intellectually because she never put forth any sort of plan for dealing with any sort or issue. and she never really answered questions on how she would deal with issues, all we ever got out of her was a quick comment about this or that.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
You mean like Obama did Cannon?
forever_frost is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
its tough to say where palin sits intellectually because she never put forth any sort of plan for dealing with any sort or issue. and she never really answered questions on how she would deal with issues, all we ever got out of her was a quick comment about this or that.
Well I have read her book and the changes she made to Alaska were impressive. Hell, the major ethics overhaul (you know the opne the liberals used against her so corruptly?) she put in place was because both Dems and Republicans were so corrupt.

It may not be enough for you, but I think it is wrong to say she has not put out a plan. Hell, is it any good to put out a plan and then not follow through with it like the typical politicians always do?

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
but with regards to her campaign in 2008 I can not recall a single idea or plan she had or promoted. McCain had a few plans for key issues like immigration, iraq, and the economy. of course everyone remembers the plans obama laid out, economic plan, and of course obamacare. biden had a few plans he laid out over time, but many of them were similar to obamas.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Bullet Sponge
 
forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cooper, Tx
Posts: 3,142
Cannon, it wasn't her running for president, it was McCain. If you want to compare apples to apples, it should have been her against Biden which is a route
forever_frost is offline  
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
but with regards to her campaign in 2008 I can not recall a single idea or plan she had or promoted. McCain had a few plans for key issues like immigration, iraq, and the economy. of course everyone remembers the plans obama laid out, economic plan, and of course obamacare. biden had a few plans he laid out over time, but many of them were similar to obamas.
She was the VP, so McCain's plans were her plans. She was accused of going rogue by McCain's people when she tried to support the guy and his plans. I can only imagine what you and other people who dislike her would be saying if she had not supported the presidential candidate and had put her own plan in front of his! LOL

You don't have to like her, but come on man, how unfair is this crap? You sound just like the liberal hate mongers who are scared of her when you put this crap out.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by forever_frost View Post
Cannon, it wasn't her running for president, it was McCain. If you want to compare apples to apples, it should have been her against Biden which is a route
I am not saying she needed to during the election of 2008, but if she expects to run for president then she is going to have to present the american people with a few plans to solve issues facing our society. plans for energy, education, immigration, the war on terror, ect.

usually politicians are invited to join think tanks where a lot of these plans are created, but I can not recall hearing of palin joining any.

cannonball996 is offline  
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-23-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 14,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
I am not saying she needed to during the election of 2008, but if she expects to run for president then she is going to have to present the american people with a few plans to solve issues facing our society. plans for energy, education, immigration, the war on terror, ect.

usually politicians are invited to join think tanks where a lot of these plans are created, but I can not recall hearing of palin joining any.
Do you mean the same think tanks all of the same politicians that have gotten us into this mess have always been a part of? I thought we needed something new.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
Paladin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome