School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Meeeeooowww

School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike

http://www.kcra.com/news/25754519/detail.html

DENAIR, Calif. -- A Stanislaus County school is forcing a student to take an American flag off of his bike.

Thirteen-year-old Cody Alicea put the flag there as a show of support for the veterans in his family.

But officials at Denair Middle School told him he couldn't fly it. He said he was told some students had complained.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

What...the...fuck...
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Fear the lawn gnome

Buncha bs.

He probolly isnt a popular kid, and someone knew they could get away with fucking with him. I mean there is a huge American flag on the pole outside. Wtf is a small one on a bike in the bike rack no less magically offend someone.

What you might call solitude is something i look forward to.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Worship me

Sue their fucking asses. Burn all fucking flags from that shithole Mexico. If they like Mexico so god damn much they should go back.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Banned

Kalifornia.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 02:55 PM
Lifer

Another in a long list of reasons my daughter goes to a private school. At our Grandparents Day we actually said the Pledge of Allegiance and all of us veterans were asked to stand up for applause.

This country is going to hell and the PS system is leading the way.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

If you like the IRS, DMV and the Post Office, you will love Obamacare!

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:00 PM
Foxbody King

burn the school to the ground!

2003 cobra DSG
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Token Troll

Superintendent is a wuss.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Superintendent is a wuss.
Among other things. Since when does the rights of the complainers trump the rights of the child with the flag? I am getting angrier and angrier the more I think about how wrong this is!

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
Robert A. Heinlein

I have to agree with a quote from former Treasury Secretary William E. Simon: "Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote."
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Among other things. Since when does the rights of the complainers trump the rights of the child with the flag? I am getting angrier and angrier the more I think about how wrong this is!
Instead of doing what's right, he "removes" the source of the irritation. Dunno how quickly he removes Mexican flags.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
Instead of doing what's right, he "removes" the source of the irritation. Dunno how quickly he removes Mexican flags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Judging by his last name, I don't believe that he does.
I bet he would fight for the right of a child to have the Mexican flag displayed.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

Robert A. Heinlein

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Full tilt boogie !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcoop View Post
Nothing surprises me anymore. This country has become a goddamned joke in comparison to what it used to stand for.
yup

**SKAGG NASTY** Just another 9 second street car.

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Bond Company Stooge

Pathetic. Not permitting the display of the American flag on American soil, should be considered treason.
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Time Served

Gotta love Superintendent Edward Parraz....

Quote:
"(The) First Amendment is important," "We want the kids to respect it, understand it, and with that comes a responsiblity."
Sounds to me as if the Superintendent has no understanding of first amendment responsibilities and privileges himself...

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
Gotta love Superintendent Edward Parraz....

Sounds to me as if the Superintendent has no understanding of first amendment responsibilities and privileges himself...
I wonder how many kids displaying Mexican flags have been told to put them up?
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Time Served

These days...

The Stars and Stripes must be removed from a kid's bike so his right can be used "Responsibly"....

But protesting military funerals is protected by the first amendment:

Pisses me off to no extent... We live in bizarro world folks...

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:24 PM
Lifer

"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

WTF. Really. Can't really understand this broken English, but I think he was trying to get at that if they were allowing him to bring his American flag then if the Mexican flag was brought it would create some tension for the same reason. Sounds to me like he is thinking if we can't bring the Mexican flag then you cant bring the American flag.

My problem is "THIS IS AMERICA". The only flag that should be brought is the AMERICAN FLAG. PERIOD.

"If "pro" is the opposite of "con", is "progress" the opposite of "congress"? ...Gallagher
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Lifer

Fuck them. I wish California would seriously fall off of the United States and float to China.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
Fuck them. I wish California would seriously fall off of the United States and float to China.
Or south to Mexico.... Either one would work....

Ahhh.... Pelosi, Boxer and the corrupt Mexican government.... A perfect fit....

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Lifer

I would find out wherever that asshole who told me to take my flag off and go spray paint an American flag mural on their place of habitation. Then I would put my foot up their ass with my American made steel toed boots.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
Or south to Mexico.... Either one would work....

Ahhh.... Pelosi, Boxer and the corrupt Mexican government.... A perfect fit....
Not far enough.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I would find out wherever that asshole who told me to take my flag off and go spray paint an American flag mural on their place of habitation. Then I would put my foot up their ass with my American made steel toed boots.
With your tiny feet?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
With your tiny feet?
You're one to talk bean pole.

CANADIANS = DOUCHERS

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Lifer

this is bullshit.when it comes to our flag haters should keep silent.the oposition is being catered to.

i'll be voicing my opinion in the morning.

RON PAUL '08
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Lifer

this is nothing new, shit like this has been going on since the earliest days of our nation. the american flag has less "rights" in this country then any other flag, and this goes back to the anti-federalists who saw the states as have more authority then the central federal government. even during the civil war soldiers on both sides marched into battle under their states flag. so early on it got screwed, and then faired no better with immigrant groups started flying their flags all the way to this day.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Time Served

This is proof that political correctness is just a way to ensure anti-American sentiment is treated with more reverence than patriotism.

They may as well sew a gold hammer and sickle on the American flag if this shit is going to become the norm.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 03:08 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
burn the school to the ground!
if i lived there i really would give serious consideration to throwing him a beating and having my friend tattoo the american flag on his forehead while he was unconscious. i would dare them to try to do that to me or my kid. if they did that, i'd drop my kid off for school every day for the rest of his time there in a car sticker wrapped in the flag and blaring the national anthem.

not only that, they have no right to tell the kid what flag he can fly. he can just keep on flying it and legally there isn't anything he can do about it. yeah i'd probly beat that guy mercilessly just for fun and tell him that's what he gets when he messes with the american flag, and to expect more if he does it again. i get all pissed about my flag.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 04:07 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery'sDad View Post
"Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures."

WTF. Really. Can't really understand this broken English, but I think he was trying to get at that if they were allowing him to bring his American flag then if the Mexican flag was brought it would create some tension for the same reason. Sounds to me like he is thinking if we can't bring the Mexican flag then you cant bring the American flag.

My problem is "THIS IS AMERICA". The only flag that should be brought is the AMERICAN FLAG. PERIOD.
Thank ya on this one, I was about to post basically the same thing you did. I'd also like to add that the only flag that should be protected against this behavior is the American flag.

WTF, especially on patriotic days that are above and beyond the normal (Veterans Day, Memorial Day...etc). It's completely insane.

My '03 Sold.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 04:08 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Gt5liter View Post
if i lived there i really would give serious consideration to throwing him a beating and having my friend tattoo the american flag on his forehead while he was unconscious. i would dare them to try to do that to me or my kid. if they did that, i'd drop my kid off for school every day for the rest of his time there in a car sticker wrapped in the flag and blaring the national anthem.

not only that, they have no right to tell the kid what flag he can fly. he can just keep on flying it and legally there isn't anything he can do about it. yeah i'd probly beat that guy mercilessly just for fun and tell him that's what he gets when he messes with the american flag, and to expect more if he does it again. i get all pissed about my flag.
All that would happen is you would go to jail for being a racist. Not saying that's right or wrong, but you would be the one in the wrong - there would be illegals protesting and in return killing white people. However, when they did it - it would be okay.

My '03 Sold.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 05:52 AM
WTF is Zed?

Thumbs down

post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Lifer

this is really sad. anyone who complains of someone flying a us flag should be loaded up in a wagon and shipped off to where they came from.

98 Brokra
post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Time Served

post #33 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
T-MINUS

Denair could be considered a rural ag town as well.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #34 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
All that would happen is you would go to jail for being a racist. Not saying that's right or wrong, but you would be the one in the wrong - there would be illegals protesting and in return killing white people. However, when they did it - it would be okay.
except that i would do it in a way that he had no idea who i was, or who the tatoo artist was.

they are all so damn lucky i'm not in charge around there. i'd try to have the complainers deported or their citizenship status revoked and have them sent back to hell hole land where they clearly belong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement