Jon Stewart addresses a sitting US President to his face as "dude" - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Jon Stewart addresses a sitting US President to his face as "dude"

During an attempt at mocking George Bush about a remark he made to Michael Brown after Katrina hit, Jon Stewart addresses a sitting US President as "dude".

How in the world is it okay to mock the former President for something that was blown out of proportion by the media, and then nothing gets said about addressing the current President of our country as "dude"???? With all of the times Bush was lambasted for things he has said (by Jon Stewart especially) and then Stewart is going to say "dude" to a sitting President's face?

Instead the liberal media boasts this as "historic" and the "first time a single person took up the entire show".

More liberal hypocrisy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...-on-daily-show

"Stewart's questioning did lead to a lighter moment on the Comedy Central show, though. Asked why former Clinton Treasury Secretary Larry Summers was appointed one of Obama's chief economists in what was billed as a "change" administration, Obama was defensive.

"Larry Summers did a heck of a job," the president said in a very serious tone.

But the audience quickly began to laugh, clearly remembering George W. Bush's famous, "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job," line to former FEMA chief Michael Brown during the Hurricane Katrina crisis.

Stewart interjected: "You don't want to use that phrase, dude."

Obama smiled and added, "pun intended.""
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 AM
Lifer

Seriously? It's called Comedy Central, dude.....
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw33 View Post
Seriously? It's called Comedy Central, dude.....
What? Nothing to say about how Bush was lambasted for acting/speaking un-Presidential by Stewart and many other liberal media clowns but now it's okay for these same people to behave unprofessional and un-Presidential?

I see how your mind works. You probably feel like we should do away with Fox news as well huh?

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Token Troll

This whole administration is a joke...so no surprise.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Lifer

They should rename Washington DC comedy central.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Lifer

the president is not royalty, he is some guy we hire every 4 years to run things so the rest of us can go about our lives.

post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Worship me

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonball996 View Post
the president is not royalty, he is some guy we hire every 4 years to run things so the rest of us can go about our lives.
No, this is "some guy" you hired. Not me. I didn't hire this dumbass who has never signed the front of a paycheck, only the back.

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." - Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order." - Ed Howdershelt
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
So why is it okay for the liberal media to lambast Bush for his un-Presidential acts/statements, and then turn around and do the same thing?
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 AM
DFWS

i'm use to seeing a president joke around like this after he is retired

Keepin' The Old School Alive
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 11:44 AM
duh...duh....duh

No one respects politicians and on top of that some people are just idiots or working up a storm for ratings. Pretty simple. There was a time in my life I'd line up on the street to see a POTUS or other "high ranking" officials. These days, I would not even consider it since their corruption goes against a lot of what we need to be doing.

Do I think it was right that he called him "dude?" I do not care enough to generally form an opinion other then they have it coming due to lack of respect.

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Pretty good example of why this country is almost fucked...

I hope Stewart's show can handle the drop in ratings.

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Token Troll

Quote:
No, but the position is due a certain amount of respect (not that Obama deserves any, IMO). It's in reverence to position, not the "dude" in place there.

Oh...and X2 double standard of media with Bush.

'05 Redfire Mustang

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
No, but the position is due a certain amount of respect.
This is kind of a newer tradition. Back in the day you could put "the president is a cock sucking douchebag" in the newspaper in order to duel the motherfucker.

Hell, Andrew Jackson capped some chode-stroker in the dome for insulting his wife.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Num say'n? (tm)

I was listening to the BBC on shortwave last night. As far left as the BBC is, even they were laughing at easy pitches Stewart tossed so Obama could knock 'em out of the park in front of a liberal audience that ate it up and begged for more. They ended the story saying that in spite of Obama's recent media tour to try to save his party, big changes were right around the corner with the mid-term elections next week.

I so look forward to Obama being politically hamstrung for the next two years until we can officially fire his worthless ass.
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTX View Post
No, but the position is due a certain amount of respect (not that Obama deserves any, IMO). It's in reverence to position, not the "dude" in place there.

Oh...and X2 double standard of media with Bush.
if I might play devils advocate...we are all equals in this country, no one person out ranks the other, not even the president.

post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 PM
$uper $low

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
BP
Keep your unicorns

I wonder if the GOP will be allowed equal time on the same show? It's too late now to affect voting but I'd sure love to see him interview John Thune, Rand Paul, Newt Gingrich or some other big named conservative this week.

How come all the liberals aren't complaining that their president could only be seen on a pay channel? I mean he's the president, if he's on TV for any reason I'd think they'd want everyone to be able to watch it. He'll be on Mythbusters 12/8, I bet it's not going to be free to watch either. All the poor and destitute people that can't afford premium TV should be headed to DC with pitchforks!

Buell 1125R
Raptor 700R
No fast cars though
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 PM
Lifer

Quote:
if I might play devils advocate...we are all equals in this country, no one person out ranks the other, not even the president.
So you feel like anyone is qualified to be POTUS.

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:31 PM
you m-m-m-m-make me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
I wonder if the GOP will be allowed equal time on the same show? It's too late now to affect voting but I'd sure love to see him interview John Thune, Rand Paul, Newt Gingrich or some other big named conservative this week.
!
That ain't gonna happen and if it did, it would be the love fest that the Obama interview was. I thought Stewart was gonna french him right there on the show.
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:

How come all the liberals aren't complaining that their president could only be seen on a pay channel? I mean he's the president, if he's on TV for any reason I'd think they'd want everyone to be able to watch it. He'll be on Mythbusters 12/8, I bet it's not going to be free to watch either. All the poor and destitute people that can't afford premium TV should be headed to DC with pitchforks!
The "poor" in this country already have premium tv thanks to the workers.
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:01 AM
Factory Issue

Hass, I thought you didn't respect Obama anyway.

Give me a dollar.
post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertnut View Post
Since when do qualifications matter? If you have charisma and dark skin, you can be from Kenya and still get elected as president.
post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davbrucas View Post
Since when do qualifications matter? If you have charisma and dark skin, you can be from Kenya and still get elected as president.
As much as it pains me to admit it, he is no less qualified than many other 20th century presidents (including Bush). Hell, he went to Columbia and later Harvard Law (a school with less than a 2% acceptance rate).

Bush had a similar education, going to Yale and then Harvard but never taking a law degree.
post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHCTR View Post
As much as it pains me to admit it, he is no less qualified than many other 20th century presidents (including Bush). Hell, he went to Columbia and later Harvard Law (a school with less than a 2% acceptance rate).

Bush had a similar education, going to Yale and then Harvard but never taking a law degree.
A law degree and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee. I'm sick of lawyers in politics.

post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Well, at least you need to be a college grad, Kenyan or not. My point to him, was do you want "just anyone" being the leader of the free world? Though that is our current situation, it's not working out too well.

post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
A law degree and a $1 will get you a cup of coffee. I'm sick of lawyers in politics.
Actually it will get you a career, prosperity, and/or a political position when coupled with some hard work.

Are you honestly implying that a law degree isnt worth even the paper it is printed on? Hell, my Dad's neighbor has a law degree and has never practiced a day in his life... but he makes about $700,000 a year.

Another guy I know has a law degree and a masters in biochem, and makes a fortune testifying as an expert witness across the country.
post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:28 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Network COMEDY CENTRAL , show FAKE NEWS, C-O-M-E-D-Y. /thread

I don't even know what to say. I'm sort of embarrassed. Wow, just wow, SMDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hass View Post
What? Nothing to say about how Bush was lambasted for acting/speaking un-Presidential by Stewart and many other liberal media clowns but now it's okay for these same people to behave unprofessional and un-Presidential?

I see how your mind works. You probably feel like we should do away with Fox news as well huh?
Fox news is as relevant as MSNBC, both suck, but the word "dude" is inappropriate on a comedy? What's next, humor not allowed! L-O-L

Quote:
So why is it okay for the liberal media to lambast Bush for his un-Presidential acts/statements, and then turn around and do the same thing?
You do know the daily show isn't a real news show, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP135 View Post
I was listening to the BBC on shortwave last night. As far left as the BBC is, even they were laughing at easy pitches Stewart tossed so Obama could knock 'em out of the park in front of a liberal audience that ate it up and begged for more. They ended the story saying that in spite of Obama's recent media tour to try to save his party, big changes were right around the corner with the mid-term elections next week.

I so look forward to Obama being politically hamstrung for the next two years until we can officially fire his worthless ass.
So, do you expect hard-hitting and in-depth questioning from a COMEDIAN on a COMEDY show on a COMEDY network? Cuz that would be HILARIOUS! SO FUNNY Gimmeabreak

Quote:

Plenty of Republicans have been on the show, I know I've seen Bill O'Reily, Ron Paul a number of times, John McCain etc. but do you REALLY want "equal time" or a (fake) interview on a fake news comedy show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinginstang View Post
That ain't gonna happen and if it did, it would be the love fest that the Obama interview was. I thought Stewart was gonna french him right there on the show.
So, what were you expecting from comedians, it's not fucking Cross-fire.

Have any of you ever watched the show? They make fun of everyone left and right, Colbert too. I can't believe anyone could get worked up over this out of nowhere.

Buy my 98 Civic 5spd - New A/C $2250 over 40mpg on the [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
I want to live as an outlaw, or what used to be called a Free American.
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Lifer

Quote:

The other presidents could prove that they were born in the US. He cannot...and will not.
post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
The other presidents could prove that they were born in the US. He cannot...and will not.
Regardless of where he may or may not have been born, he is the president of the United States of America. We have to deal with it.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:45 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
Not that it's as cloudy, but McCain wasn't born here either.

Quote:
Quote:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories. And to render even them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree." --Thomas Jefferson
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yale View Post
Hass, I thought you didn't respect Obama anyway.
I respect nothing about him. It's the double standard of "do as I say but not as I do" from the liberal media. I'm not really bothered about calling the Commander in Chief "dude" as much as by the liberal hypocrisy.
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3 View Post
Network COMEDY CENTRAL , show FAKE NEWS, C-O-M-E-D-Y. /thread

You do know the daily show isn't a real news show, right?
WTF does any of your post have to do with the liberal media being hypocrites?
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobieF3 View Post
Not that it's as cloudy, but McCain wasn't born here either.
But he is still a natural born citizen...both of his parents were in the Navy and in Panama on military assignment...a little different than having a father who was never a US citizen and evidence that he was born in another country and brought here illegally.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
WTF does any of your post have to do with the liberal media being hypocrites?
absolutely nothing

Just LOL'ing at the responses in this thread.

Quote:
Quote:
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:35 AM
Factory Issue

Quote:
I respect nothing about him. It's the double standard of "do as I say but not as I do" from the liberal media. I'm not really bothered about calling the Commander in Chief "dude" as much as by the liberal hypocrisy.
That's so disrespectful.

Give me a dollar.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:46 AM
OLD SCHOOL crew

Quote:
But he is still a natural born citizen...both of his parents were in the Navy and in Panama on military assignment...a little different than having a father who was never a US citizen and evidence that he was born in another country and brought here illegally.
He still wasn't born in our country. There was once a precedent that birth off our shores was enough to say you weren't a "natural born citizen." I'm not saying he is or is not a "natural born citizen" and the Supreme Court has never ruled on the definition, people have argued it for over 200 years IIRC, just pointing it out as most people aren't aware of it.

While I will listen to both sides and stir the pot I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. I don't think 9/11 was an inside job, don't believe in the Illuminati, don't think Brobama was born in Africa etc. However, I don't think Oswald was a lone nut

Quote:
Quote:
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Banned

LA Times: Jon Stewart calls Obama 'dude' and gets him to amend 'Yes we can'

CNN: President Dude... Fast forward to 3:00 if you just want to see the part about the dude. (apologies about the ad you have to sit through to see it)

USA Today: President Obama: The new First Dude?

NY Times: Dude, can I have my parody back?

Buffalo News: Should anyone call president ‘dude’? I don't really know about this source, but the op-ed definitely condemns Stewart.
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Actually it will get you a career, prosperity, and/or a political position when coupled with some hard work.

Are you honestly implying that a law degree isnt worth even the paper it is printed on? Hell, my Dad's neighbor has a law degree and has never practiced a day in his life... but he makes about $700,000 a year.

Another guy I know has a law degree and a masters in biochem, and makes a fortune testifying as an expert witness across the country.
"Hard work" applies to about any degree. It's only worth what you make it. I know many broke-dick lawyers that worked 80 hours a week for law firms in hopes of the brass ring. I also know a few rich guys that are shady as hell.

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Time Served

Quote:
I would have to say yes he does... Lol he is a obamalover.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement